New Chassis for 7x Tangband W3-593SF , 1x Tangband WT-644F (Subwoofer 1) and 1x Tangband W8-670Q (Subwoofer 2) - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 11-13-2013, 03:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hello guys,

I just started to look into the DIY Speaker Threads but I work often with wood and also builded some realy nice music instruments.

Now I have this flood of drivers and the old chassis from the Logitech Z5500 and Z2300, but I heard that the Tang Band speakers are good quality speakers for the price so I want to refit them into my own chassis.

I will use them for my Home Theater probably with the comming Emotiva UMC-200 and the Emotiva UPA-700 as a 7.1(2) surround system.

But how i plan such a project and how do I find the right plans and volumes. I heared much about the Subwoofers in bass reflex and the sattelites as horn´s but am I right with this or can you give me other advices.

I don´t want to hear that I shall buy me some other drivers because I want to use them and not other ones.

Sincerly,

Andy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-13-2013, 04:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked: 182
This is a bad idea and will not work. Hate to break it to you. You can't just take a random driver and replace a driver in any given speaker. You would have to be capable of crossover design, which takes years of study to learn. I would look into some pre-existing designs to copy, that way you have the known crossover all ready designed. There are lots of excellent sounding & low cost designs that will be in your price range. Look at the Zaph audio website, as well as the DIYsoundgroup page.
post #3 of 5 Old 11-13-2013, 04:44 AM - Thread Starter

Yes, I wanted to use existing designes but like I think you said (correct me if I´m wrong), you think that the given drivers could not be replaced as easy as I thought. I don´t wanted to replace the drivers I only want to give them some new chassis with more room because they now have only 500ml I think in there BR chassis and I read that they are best working with around 8L of volume (for the subs 60L).

Edit: Replacing them with a given design that i can build then were they´ll fit in. Thats the point were you may can help me.

(I´m sorry for my english guys)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 11-13-2013, 07:10 AM

The sub in the Logitech is a re branded Tang Bang already. Also, the Logitechs are built to spec. You start changing things out, it will probably sound worse

FieroLoki
post #5 of 5 Old 11-15-2013, 07:52 AM - Thread Starter

And if I take an existing design like the cyburg needles and get it with my drivers this won´t work if I understand it right?

Edit: Or something like this https://www.avsforum.com/t/870527/first-speaker-build.

And in matter of random drivers. They are listed with their specs and so there´s no matter        to see were they are from. It´s only a matter to see what to do with them (for me).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Tags
Emotiva Umc 200 7 1 Home Theater Preamp Surround Processor , Emotiva Upa 700 Seven Channel Power Amplifier , Logitech Z 5500 Thx Certified 5 1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker System , Logitech Z2300

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page