I have 12 speakers in my theater room and i need HELP>> - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 01-10-2014, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have my 82" TV centered in the middle of the room. Plus I have a little 6 feet long closet that I cleared out and in the edge of the closet room I have my 15" floor firing Cerwin Vega that sounds great because it harnesses on all that power and Shakes your ear drums. Now I purchased a Cerwin Vega Powered 10" floor firing also. Under each sub I have a laminated piece of wood to help the subs fire without getting distorted by the carpet. In my Theater room I have two big Cerwin Vegas 12" with 8" sub on each side of the TV. I have two Floor standing Cerwin Vega with 8" and 6" in the Cerwin speakers for side speakers and I have four infinity surround sound speakers for rear speakers. I need to know where to put my powered 10" sub that I just bought. I tried having it on top of my 15" Cerwin Sub and it canceled out some bass. Should I have it on the opposite side of my 15" or should I move it to the back of the room. Plus I have a Cerwin Vega center channel. with two 6" speakers that channels out of the center, right now I have my infinity center channel but I want to move the very much larger center channel that I have on the bottom of the TV in the center channel and I have a infinity on top of the TV and I want mount this Cerwin on top and move the infinity center channel on to the bottom of the TV but I need to build a center channel holder. The room is about 30 feet long and 13 feet wide and 12 feet high. Could any one write a schematic on wear the speakers should be placed but Im more worried about the powered subs. I want to get the optimal bass in the correct placement. Thank you so much and take care. God Bless
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-10-2014, 01:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked: 428

Its difficult to read large, bold, underlined words... 

DIY Sound Group: Information and Tips
post #3 of 7 Old 01-10-2014, 01:36 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkazador View Post

Yeah, on my iPhone it's 2 words per line. Maybe his monitor is 4k?

Oppo 103D
Samsung pn64f8500
Pioneer vsx-82txs
And a bunch of DIY speakers and subs.
Coming soon: Dirac Room Correction
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 01-10-2014, 04:20 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 65
You need to download REW and play with the in-room sub placement model.
post #5 of 7 Old 01-10-2014, 06:06 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 239 Post(s)
Quoted: 3823 Post(s)
Liked: 4332
There we go... LOL biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigger212003 View Post

I have my 82" TV centered in the middle of the room.

Plus I have a little 6 feet long closet that I cleared out and in the edge of the closet room I have my 15" floor firing Cerwin Vega that sounds great because it harnesses on all that power and Shakes your ear drums.

Now I purchased a Cerwin Vega Powered 10" floor firing also. Under each sub I have a laminated piece of wood to help the subs fire without getting distorted by the carpet.

In my Theater room I have two big Cerwin Vegas 12" with 8" sub on each side of the TV. I have two Floor standing Cerwin Vega with 8" and 6" in the Cerwin speakers for side speakers and I have four infinity surround sound speakers for rear speakers.

I need to know where to put my powered 10" sub that I just bought. I tried having it on top of my 15" Cerwin Sub and it canceled out some bass.

Should I have it on the opposite side of my 15" or should I move it to the back of the room. Plus I have a Cerwin Vega center channel. with two 6" speakers that channels out of the center, right now I have my infinity center channel
but I want to move the very much larger center channel that I have on the bottom of the TV in the center channel and I have a infinity on top of the
TV and I want mount this Cerwin on top and move the infinity center channel on to the bottom of the TV but I need to build a center channel holder.

The room is about 30 feet long and 13 feet wide and 12 feet high. Could any one write a schematic on wear the speakers should be placed but Im more worried about the powered subs.
I want to get the optimal bass in the correct placement.

Thank you so much and take care.
God Bless.
post #6 of 7 Old 01-11-2014, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkazador View Post

IM very sorry
post #7 of 7 Old 01-11-2014, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter

Where do I download Rew and exactly what does it do. Plus the room and nothing under it but concrete and electric heat trace. So the bass wont go down it only goes into the room. Which I think helps my bass. I just need to know where the Ten would be the best. The Fifteen is placed in a great place I just need the Ten placed to add to the best place to get the hard hutting bass and not the rumble of my fifteen. Thank you guys so much for writing and once again for the first post and the stupid Bold and Big Lettering.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page