Ok, no I don't need to seek professional help, I think you guys are up to the task!
I'm thinking about entering the DIY world (and starting easy) but, I've got a few concerns that I just can't wrap my head around.
First of all, I've never heard a "good" sub setup. The HSU VTF3.4 or my 2 Klipsch RW-12Ds has been as good as it's gotten for me. I'm leaning towards getting two SI HT18D4, erich h flatpack 4 cubic foot, and the inuke 3000dsp..
1. Is this going to blow me out of the water? Is it considerably better than 1 HSU or 2 Klipschs?
2. Is this worth the ~$1,000 for 2 subs?
3. Since I rent - have no option to route dedicated power outlet - will I constantly be blowing a fuse watching movies?
4. I don't know that I can build a big enough sub, like the Marty Sub, or some other LLT - sono tube has me interested due to the small footprint, but again, moving it and not knowing the next place I'm going to live is something to consider. The 22x22x22 footprint of Erichs flatpacks is enticing, but I feel like I'd want to go slightly larger to get lower?
5. Will the 2 SI's with only 4 CF (each) go low like I want it? Obviously I want to hit 10 Hz in room (even though I've have no idea what this is like) - will I be able to use my UN-balanced miniDSP and/or the DSP in the inuke to get sufficient lows?
I know, you are going to ask me about my room size, currently it's a pretty big room (14x25 with 9' ceilings. It also has an open hallway to the rest of the house, and basement and bedrooms... however, I rent the house and will maybe move in the next 6 months to some unknown location.
This is a lot of money, but I have the urge and desire to experience a good system that is going to blow me out of the water when watching movies!! (15% music, 10% TV, 25% video games, 50% movies) So, Is now the time to buy? Does this seem like one of my best options? Should I look at something else?
Also, I can purchase the drivers / amp right now and still think about the cabs - but I don't want to miss out on the sales!
I would like to pull the trigger in the next 12-24 hours if you think it's a good idea Thoughts?