Behringer Inuke 6000 dsp speaker wiring question - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-08-2014, 05:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Hi guys. I have an inuke 6000 that I just got and 2 elemental designs 18" 19vo.2 subs. I'm running them in an infinite baffle setup. I was trying to wire them both up to 1 channel today so that I could channel 2 for a second setup if necessary.

When running the setup, without the gain too high, I was getting the red protection light at the top of the 4 orange led indicator lights. I was getting it with only 1 orange power light lighting up. So, I have a question about how I wired the subs.

I ran a multi meter to verify that my subs were dual 4 ohm last week. It read either 4.0 or 4.1 (I don't recall of hand).

So I wired each of the subs voice coils in parallel and I crossed the speaker wire between the two. I thought that if each speaker was 2 ohm and I ran them in series, then I'd be back at 4 ohm. Am I correct here?

This is a newbie question, but can I run only one of the voice coils on each speaker so that they run at 8ohms, assuming I run 1 coil on each speaker in series? I'd still be getting more than enough power since I don't need much more than 500 watts a speaker and the amp will do 1600 at 8 ohms and 2200 at 4.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-08-2014, 08:14 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 854 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2950 Post(s)
Liked: 3678
"So I wired each of the subs voice coils in parallel and I crossed the speaker wire between the two. I thought that if each speaker was 2 ohm and I ran them in series, then I'd be back at 4 ohm. Am I correct here?"

that sounds right.

maybe you got one of the wires backwards. a simple test is a 9v battery on the terminals to make sure the cones move how you are hoping.

"This is a newbie question, but can I run only one of the voice coils on each speaker so that they run at 8ohms, assuming I run 1 coil on each speaker in series?"

yeah, but not recommended. the t/s parameters will be different (?) and power handling is half, of course.

Listen. It's All Good.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-09-2014, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I just rechecked the wiring.... strange. The wiring appears correct.

I can run one speaker on each channel with the voice coils in series, but it seems like a bit of a waste of a killer amp since my speakers only need about 500 watts to reach max excursion.

In time, I'd really like to get 4 fi infinite baffle speakers. I'll just get 4 ohm and run them in series with 2 on each channel. I guess this will do for now though.

I may try the amp on a triple 12" sealed box I have that is 4 ohms and see if it acts up on that box as well. Maybe it's my ED drivers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page