Well, I am still chugging along. Been raining like crazy here, and water seeps into my shop when we get over 2". We got like 5". At any rate, I just work around it, being careful to keep everything up off the concrete.
These are "modified Johnny subs", or "Johnny subs for those that have large PJ screens that are 24" from the floor"! LOL. I have seen better construction, so no worries there.
This the first one with the side just sitting on it (so I could show my wife what it will actually look like). As stated earlier, I screwed up and made my cutsheet wrong, leaving out the second baffle. After considering it, and reading that it is only necessary to recess the driver, I decided I would leave the single baffle and create some type of grille to dissuade the grandkids:
This is the same one with the side off. My wife gave me a bunch of old throw pillows that I cut up for the nylon stuffing inside. Looks just like the "Acousta Stuff" that I got from Parts Express awhile back. Anyhow, my plan is to use the bracing as kind of a barrier for the stuffing. Looking for some netting type material that I can staple across the braces to keep it contained. The gray is my attempt at adding some Liquid Nail to try to reinforce things somewhat. It did not go well, as the cool temp had it so thick that by the time I would try to smooth it out with my fingers, it would be close to stiff. Doesn't really need it anyhow, just playing around.
This is box #2
which just got the baffle and top on this morning. I let everything dry overnight. Yes, I was tired of trying to rip some leftover plywood, so I just grabbed some old round stock I have had laying around. (PS. Need more 4' clamps!)
1) order banana jacks. I have some old ones, but they are not long enough.
2) sand on the cabinets a little this week until the jacks come in.
3) begin putting the stuffing in there.
4) glue the sides on
5a) put 1/8, or 1/4 round on the edges. Need to try a scrap piece and see how it looks.
6) varnish (maybe, haven't decided yet)
7) install driver
These will lay on there side like in the photo below my screen on top of some rubber discs that I have plenty of at work. Any tips just send'em.