First of all thanks
for posting this information! I just got a pair of HTM10 built and they are harder to give a quick judgement of because you can't just run them full range and crank some music, they absolutely require a sub. I pulled my mains and hooked these up and ran audyssey and it was okay but figured I haven't tried this full method yet so I did with the HTMs. This should be a sticky as much as subs are a topic on this forum. I didn't do a before graph because the HTM were just added but prior to this (there is a graph that approximates this though by turning off the delays that were added and it's not subtle) I was running some LT on the subs, they are all sealed, one HS24 front and center and two 15" sealed that flank the couch on the walls to the side. This is the result, no gain turned up, no LT on, no house curve, nothing but audyssey run and went fairly quickly through the steps. The first sub only integration resulted in setting delay of 3.4ms or about 1.168m which is about right as the crow flies. So here is the final result:
Here is before and after the final distance setting in the receiver, reduced the distance by 2.8'. This is the amazing part of this process when you see that huge null just go away. The bumps between about 60 and 85 are modes or something because they just shift up and down but don't improve.
Going back in time here is the subs only pre-audyssey, purple is before, blue is after 3.4ms delay. Played with different delays but this yielded overall flattest and also most lf bass. Again, amazing difference and really the null around 68hz is the only thing here that really stands out. Awesome.
I didn't do a pre tweaking measurement because the system was not set up at all, but this is probably the most fair way to do it, red line is audyssey on, but all gain removed in the minidsp and also the distance set back to how audyssey had it, so this is what you would get (and what my old measurements looked like) if you just run audyssey and hope for the best. The null around 40 is mostly resolved and overall a good improvement. I'm sure this could get better with some placement tweaks but this is way better than what it was and for a quick calibration I'm thrilled.