Forum Jump: 
 78Likes

post #241 of 246 Old 10-14-2017, 07:20 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2376 Post(s)
Liked: 2338
I have a 7704 on the way and maybe can play around the app.

Audio Design Associates/Outlaw
Speakerpower SP1-4000
subs-Re audio XXX 18 IB(LT).
DIY speakers-mktheater-S10/S12s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 246 Old 10-14-2017, 07:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 1686 Post(s)
Liked: 1676
I haven’t experimented with the EQ point yet but that is also a great feature because a lot of people that don’t like what Audyssey does for the speakers do still like what it does for subs. I still need to try that out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--------------------------------------------------
FOR SALE:
Lots of stuff. Check the Audio Gear Classifieds
post #243 of 246 Old 10-14-2017, 07:47 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Quoted: 2376 Post(s)
Liked: 2338
I have been a big fan of the best setup possible, meaning positioning and room treatments. I hope for the best possible response with no EQ needed. I use it as last resort. So far I have liked every speaker, except the DR-200, DR-250, and DIY JBL,without EQ. Those needed it as they had just filter crossovers. My new speakers have just off the shelf parts as well so we shall see. Amazingly my favorite speakers have been the off the shelf parts versions. The Behringer was the best HT experience because it had all matching speakers and my first with Atmos. They were never my best overall speaker.

Audio Design Associates/Outlaw
Speakerpower SP1-4000
subs-Re audio XXX 18 IB(LT).
DIY speakers-mktheater-S10/S12s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #244 of 246 Old 10-14-2017, 08:55 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 243 Post(s)
Quoted: 1388 Post(s)
Liked: 1503
I couldn’t agree more on the no eq and using placement and an acoustics package. EQ always sounds processed to me. There’s a large difference in sound quality with the advantage to no eq. The FR graphs really don’t show much of a difference other than the slight 2khz notch and the HS treble eq. I do like the detail on the top but even with that it not close. No eq wins. With the screen removed, it sounds the best though. Gonna spend some time with Audy off and see how i like it. There’s nothing better than using the same speaker for each channel. Course that not practical for most of us.
post #245 of 246 Old 10-14-2017, 10:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 1412 Post(s)
Liked: 2585
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrda View Post
Original baffle wall.

Open cavity.

Left and Right mains in new placement.
Your baffle wall looks so good. I still want to do a baffle wall, but not sure I have the room. Now your front stage looks like mine used to, with the subs under like that. But with the titans now, and my ported subs, not sure how to get a baffle wall to work. Maybe I have to go to a different shape sub box. Four the same. Any suggestions? I?ll post my before and now pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6781F556-8D8E-44F3-B00B-D01A93571DC7_1508002113364.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	2298160   Click image for larger version

Name:	150D42CF-B7E4-425E-B566-2324CC388169_1508002145719.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	2298162  
post #246 of 246 Old 10-14-2017, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 243 Post(s)
Quoted: 1388 Post(s)
Liked: 1503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jk7.2 View Post
Your baffle wall looks so good. I still want to do a baffle wall, but not sure I have the room. Now your front stage looks like mine used to, with the subs under like that. But with the titans now, and my ported subs, not sure how to get a baffle wall to work. Maybe I have to go to a different shape sub box. Four the same. Any suggestions? I?ll post my before and now pics.
Thanks man. I read up on yours and eng’s Titan reviews and they sound like a true flagship reference monitor, probably the end game for me. But..I really like where I’m at with my subs now across the seating. And I’ve made some changes where I improved one aspect but got two new problems and wish I would have left well enough alone. So I’m sticking with my LCR’s. Not only because they sound and measure good but because of the baffle wall.

Now to the Baffle Wall. First of all, this was my first experience with a BW in my room where I could spend time really evaluating it. The sound was so full, with better midbass and a seamless quality to it it has a strong phantom image between the center and left/right speakers that I would swear I had LC and RC channels. So my interpretation was I really like that but it’s so different. And I’m sitting thinking is that right, it’s so different maybe it isn’t. It can’t be. So I went back the traditional setup. Now having spent the time I can can say the BW is absolutely the best sound in my room. I should have gone back to that with this remodel since I removed the riser and placed a new floor. I will be going back to the BW soon as possible. It really is remarkable what it accomplishes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page