post #1231 of 1238 Old 04-17-2017, 05:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 546 Post(s)
Liked: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtsdig View Post
Hey @JohnDean I started thinking about picking up one of the Fein Turbo units this week and wanted to pick your brain a bit. The Ridgid shop vac I have is the one in the link above which Ridgid specs at 203 CFM. The Fein Turbo II models all spec out around 150 cfm. I know there is more to the big picture other than cfm, but it seems that the Ridgid would actually perform better based on suction alone. Can you help straighten me out here?
I am specifically looking at the new Turbo X AC model with the automatic filter cleaner feature. It's rated at 153 cfm. Thanks!
So you want me to sell you on the Fein?

Looking at the specs of the rigid, Sure the Rigid has a higher cfm because it has twice the size hose. I however can't find the vacuum lift spec. I saw mention of 50 in of lift(googling), compared to the Fein 98. The Fein has twice the hose length and longer cord. It is undoubtedly quieter(like you can talk to your buddy standing beside it quiet.) The suction is not the same as flow(cfm)

I think you'd be very impressed with the Fein. Have you looked at the Fein site to see if anyone local sells them? I found a local hardware store that had them in stock. Meaning you could either demo it or buy it and return it easily if you wanted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1232 of 1238 Old 04-17-2017, 05:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 1125 Post(s)
Liked: 1387
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDean View Post
So you want me to sell you on the Fein?

Looking at the specs of the rigid, Sure the Rigid has a higher cfm because it has twice the size hose. I however can't find the vacuum lift spec. I saw mention of 50 in of lift(googling), compared to the Fein 98. The Fein has twice the hose length and longer cord. It is undoubtedly quieter(like you can talk to your buddy standing beside it quiet.) The suction is not the same as flow(cfm)

I think you'd be very impressed with the Fein. Have you looked at the Fein site to see if anyone local sells them? I found a local hardware store that had them in stock. Meaning you could either demo it or buy it and return it easily if you wanted.
Exactly, thanks for getting back to me! That's the research I've been doing regarding cfm vs. vacuum lift; just trying to wrap my brain around it. Unfortunately, my local Woodcraft doesn't stock any Fein models and I haven't found any other local vendors that do. It will be an online order. The more that I've read, the more I've been convinced.
post #1233 of 1238 Old 04-17-2017, 06:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Exactly, thanks for getting back to me! That's the research I've been doing regarding cfm vs. vacuum lift; just trying to wrap my brain around it. Unfortunately, my local Woodcraft doesn't stock any Fein models and I haven't found any other local vendors that do. It will be an online order. The more that I've read, the more I've been convinced.
I think you'll be very satisfied. Even if you could find another model locally to touch/demo, like the Turbo I or II, it would be the same hose and performance as the one you want, without all the other bells and whistles.

I've used mine more than my upright vacuum in the house since I got it. "Oh, debris around the hearth, get the Fein." or any other job except actually vacuuming carpet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1234 of 1238 Old 04-17-2017, 11:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 1125 Post(s)
Liked: 1387
Quote:
I think you'll be very satisfied. Even if you could find another model locally to touch/demo, like the Turbo I or II, it would be the same hose and performance as the one you want, without all the other bells and whistles.

I've used mine more than my upright vacuum in the house since I got it. "Oh, debris around the hearth, get the Fein." or any other job except actually vacuuming carpet.
Man, you really twisted my arm! The Fein Turbo X AC has been ordered!
post #1235 of 1238 Old 04-17-2017, 11:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Man, you really twisted my arm! The Fein Turbo X AC has been ordered!
Ha! I look forward to your impressions. It's one of those things that people see and can't grasp why I wouldn't just buy a shopvac from a local bigbox store....then they use it.
post #1236 of 1238 Old 04-17-2017, 03:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Just a reminder to be safe and not cut corners.

So this ended my Saturday in the shop...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170415_155110663_HDR.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	806.8 KB
ID:	2089089  
post #1237 of 1238 Old 04-17-2017, 04:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 604 Post(s)
Liked: 315
Quote:
Just a reminder to be safe and not cut corners.

So this ended my Saturday in the shop...
Ouch hope you didn't get hurt.... kickback is a scary thing.... dented my garage door one time, good thing the board went past me and not through me.... but where I stand is intentional for that reason
JohnDean likes this.

One day I will start the new theater....... one day..... THAT DAY HAS ARRIVED
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." Red Green
Family Cave Theater
Automation Thoughts/ Questions
post #1238 of 1238 Old 04-18-2017, 08:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterboy77 View Post
Ouch hope you didn't get hurt.... kickback is a scary thing.... dented my garage door one time, good thing the board went past me and not through me.... but where I stand is intentional for that reason
Yes it is very scary! Most people on instinct want to try and reach into/force the piece forward and consequently get hurt. Aside from ruining the piece, it missed me as it came flying by. When something like this happens, I usually just walk away. I don't want my frustration to make it a more dangerous situation by continuing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page