Much progress has been made!
We took the Blender model and exported it to a Google Sketchup.
From Google Sketchup we were able to get measurements of all of the sides. We were also able to get the intersecting angle of all of the intersections by changing the axis.
With the measurements of the sides we were able to determine how to draw each piece for cutting. I took this information along with the intersecting angles and made a sheet for each unique panel we had to cut (one sheet for the center front, center sides, center top, center bottom, center back, sides front, sides back, sides top, sides inside side, and sides outside side - the bottoms were all the same due to the way we did the final design where the outside side of the side speakers just keeps going up an extra couple inches...).
We decided that the least complicated way to do the panels would be to miter all of the angles. So every cut needs to be at an angle and the angle will be 1/2 of the intersecting angle with the intersecting side. The panels are then the full measurement of the side in all instances. If we hadn't done this we would have had to do this cut on some of the pieces anyway and would have had to do even more geometry to determine how large of pieces to cut (for example if the inside panel was set into the front baffle we'd need to calculate the hypotenuse of a right triangle whose leg is 3/4" and has an angle of the intersecting angle to figure out how much less than the whole width of the side to make that panel... then we would have had to cut the edge of the baffle at the correct angle anyway and cut the piece at the correct angle anyway...)
Armed with these cheat sheets, a small angle tool we picked up at Home Depot, a circular saw, and a straight edge + clamps we set out to cut all of these crazy panels.
We found that what worked best for us was to cut the angle of the "bottom" of the piece, use the cheat sheet to draw the panel, then cut the remaining sides following the drawn lines. As we drew the panels up we wrote what each piece was, what each side connected to, and what the angle to that side was supposed to be. To do the angles we set the angle tool to half of the intersecting angle then changed the angle of the circular saw cut to match up with the angle tool... There's plenty of room for error in this but we knew we weren't going to get perfect results no matter how hard we tried.
Over the last 3 weekends we got all of the panels cut. Last weekend I started in on the baffles. I had intended to do a double baffle but hadn't done the work to figure out the details. I thought I'd just continue the current baffle's angles and do another baffle right on top. Unfortunately I found that if I did that there wouldn't be enough room to attach the waveguide to it... Instead I ended up cheating. I cut a 16"x16" piece and glued that behind the woofer cutout. The woofer will be mounted to this piece. I tried to make a jig to help with the flush mounting of the waveguide but that ended up being wasted effort... I got it all setup and the jig wasn't clamped well enough and moved. It would have worked out fine if I would have done this before cutting the baffle but there just wasn't enough material above the waveguide to attach my jig to. I ended up just freehanding this from a drawn line and was surprised that it went smoothly
As it stands right now we have all of the pieces cut and the baffle ready to go. The next step will be trying to glue one together. We're going to use PL Premium as there are some gaps, especially on the center back panel where it ended up ~1/8" too narrow. I think we're going to use the duct tape method again but with PL Premium applied as we go. We're then going to try to use ratchet straps to apply pressure... There's very little in the way of square sides though so I don't know how much success we'll have with this. Wrapping the center channel from top to bottom is the only side that won't have a way to slip as we try to tighten things down... We might be able to put a clamp on the baffle in a couple different spots to hold the ratchet straps from sliding past though...
More to come! Still have to do the crossovers but I bought the circuit boards for them so there won't be too much drama there