Gen II Crown XLS Drivecore - Page 21 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 179Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #601 of 615 Old 10-28-2019, 08:33 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey019 View Post
Fan noise is non-existent on Drivecore amplifiers in my experience (XLS1000 & XLS1502).
Ty, I'm starting to like this, if i get it right, i can just buy 2 and using the internal crossover have a 2.2 system?

(Clarify: I'm running a Yamaha reciver rx579v with a PC as main source)

Last edited by Ezequiel; 10-28-2019 at 09:08 AM. Reason: clarify
Ezequiel is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #602 of 615 Old 10-28-2019, 11:12 AM
Senior Member
 
Chris Popovich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Phoenix AZ
Posts: 488
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 193
Yep, the crossover is limited (can't adjust slope AFAIK, can adjust freq's) but sufficient.
Chris Popovich is offline  
post #603 of 615 Old 11-13-2019, 08:00 AM
Member
 
Lost_62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Hi , I subscribe to the thread , I just bought a power amp Crown XLS 1002 , to days it should be delivered from Germany. I would like to ask something related to Crossovers , low pass , band pass , high pass filter of the Crown XLS 1002. With Crown XLS 1002 will be used for the front speakers through Pre out link to mine Pioneer sc-lx56 multichannel receiver. The question is , after Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration System (MCACC) the filters Crossovers , low pass , band pass , high pass filter of the Crown XLS 1002 in some way they must be configured even after self-calibration has taken place (MCACC) or they may remain as factory default settings ?
Lost_62 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #604 of 615 Old 11-13-2019, 09:32 AM
Senior Member
 
Chris Popovich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Phoenix AZ
Posts: 488
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_62 View Post
Hi , I subscribe to the thread , I just bought a power amp Crown XLS 1002 , to days it should be delivered from Germany. I would like to ask something related to Crossovers , low pass , band pass , high pass filter of the Crown XLS 1002. With Crown XLS 1002 will be used for the front speakers through Pre out link to mine Pioneer sc-lx56 multichannel receiver. The question is , after Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration System (MCACC) the filters Crossovers , low pass , band pass , high pass filter of the Crown XLS 1002 in some way they must be configured even after self-calibration has taken place (MCACC) or they may remain as factory default settings ?
IIRC factory default is none of the crossovers are active on the XLS series amps. If you already calibrated your system with your pre-amp/processor, then you don't need to use any of the filters built in the XLS1002, you will have already set what filters you need via your pre-amp/processor.

I would make sure they're all bypassed though. It should be easily visible on your XLS screen.

Chris
Chris Popovich is offline  
post #605 of 615 Old 11-13-2019, 11:05 AM
Member
 
Lost_62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Thanks for the quick reply . Then , I connect the front speakers to the Crown XLS 1002 after connecting Pre out to the two devices and I do the calibration without setting any of those filters neither before nor after calibration on the Crown XLS 1002 , it's correct ? Another thing I wanted to ask and clarify , for a pre-out connection between the two devices that use RCA connections , in INPUT SENSITIVITY is recommended The HIGH that setting is often used with source devices that use RCA connections , with an XML / RCA cable, should I set 1.4V - NORMAL instead of .775V - HIGH? this is the cable in question : https://www.cordial-cables.com/en/pr...fu-mc~pid_384/
Lost_62 is offline  
post #606 of 615 Old 11-14-2019, 11:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 202
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I wish to know the answer to the question above as well
yodog is offline  
post #607 of 615 Old 11-15-2019, 10:29 AM
Senior Member
 
notfastenough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: The Colony, TX
Posts: 399
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_62 View Post
Thanks for the quick reply . Then , I connect the front speakers to the Crown XLS 1002 after connecting Pre out to the two devices and I do the calibration without setting any of those filters neither before nor after calibration on the Crown XLS 1002 , it's correct ?
Correct. On the Crown, do not have the filters applied before the calibration. Also do not add filters on the Crown after calibration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_62
Another thing I wanted to ask and clarify , for a pre-out connection between the two devices that use RCA connections , in INPUT SENSITIVITY is recommended The HIGH that setting is often used with source devices that use RCA connections , with an XML / RCA cable, should I set 1.4V - NORMAL instead of .775V - HIGH? this is the cable in question : https://www.cordial-cables.com/en/pr...fu-mc~pid_384/
Yes, set the input sensitivity of the Crown to .775V as most home theater receivers do not have enough voltage being sent from the RCA outputs for 1.4V input devices. However, if you have performed the Pioneer calibration with either setting, changing the Crown input sensitivity after calibration will change how "loud" the speakers will sound. If the Pioneer calibration was already completed with no errors and the gain output from the Pioneer was not near maximum, you will be just fine.
notfastenough is offline  
post #608 of 615 Old 11-16-2019, 01:31 PM
IAH
Senior Member
 
IAH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Riverside, CA / Sag Harbor, NY
Posts: 237
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Which Model for 2 SI HT18's??

I need a new amp for my (modest) 2 sealed Stereo Integrity HT18's. Would the XLS 2002 be sufficient? Or do I need to go 2502?
Thanks, Ian
IAH is offline  
post #609 of 615 Old 11-16-2019, 01:52 PM
Member
 
Lost_62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by notfastenough View Post
Correct. On the Crown, do not have the filters applied before the calibration. Also do not add filters on the Crown after calibration.



Yes, set the input sensitivity of the Crown to .775V as most home theater receivers do not have enough voltage being sent from the RCA outputs for 1.4V input devices. However, if you have performed the Pioneer calibration with either setting, changing the Crown input sensitivity after calibration will change how "loud" the speakers will sound. If the Pioneer calibration was already completed with no errors and the gain output from the Pioneer was not near maximum, you will be just fine.
Thank you very much for your availability in having removed my doubts. Crown XLS 1002 is delivered Monday by Germany, hopefully good.

Usually the Gain knob must be positioned at maximum or at hours twelve ?
Lost_62 is offline  
post #610 of 615 Old 11-16-2019, 06:50 PM
Senior Member
 
notfastenough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: The Colony, TX
Posts: 399
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAH View Post
I need a new amp for my (modest) 2 sealed Stereo Integrity HT18's. Would the XLS 2002 be sufficient? Or do I need to go 2502?
Thanks, Ian
2002 should be a good match. If you're into boosting low frequencies with DSP or undersized enclosures, the extra power from the 2502 might be nice to have on hand. Between the two, I'd personally go with the 2502, rather have the extra power than be left just adequate lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_62 View Post
Thank you very much for your availability in having removed my doubts. Crown XLS 1002 is delivered Monday by Germany, hopefully good.

Usually the Gain knob must be positioned at maximum or at hours twelve ?
Depends on too many factors, but starting at 12:00 is a good general rule. More can be beneficial depending on sensitivity of speakers, output voltage from receiver, etc. If you see the room correction making drastic output level adjustments, that's usually a good indicator that the amp should be adjusted.
IAH likes this.
notfastenough is offline  
post #611 of 615 Old 11-16-2019, 08:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Chris Popovich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Phoenix AZ
Posts: 488
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 193
Unless I have some noise issues, I typically always run amplifier gain knobs maxed out and adjust upstream as required.
notfastenough likes this.
Chris Popovich is offline  
post #612 of 615 Old 11-17-2019, 07:49 AM
IAH
Senior Member
 
IAH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Riverside, CA / Sag Harbor, NY
Posts: 237
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by notfastenough View Post
2002 should be a good match. If you're into boosting low frequencies with DSP or undersized enclosures, the extra power from the 2502 might be nice to have on hand. Between the two, I'd personally go with the 2502, rather have the extra power than be left just adequate lol.
That's kind of what I was thinking. Thanks
notfastenough likes this.
IAH is offline  
post #613 of 615 Old 11-17-2019, 11:59 AM
Member
 
Lost_62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 5
@ notfastenough and @ Chris Popovich, Thanks to both of you, I will take your useful advice into account.
Lost_62 is offline  
post #614 of 615 Old 11-18-2019, 03:25 PM
Member
 
Lost_62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Crown XLS 1002 , delivered this afternoon , first impressions from what little I could test they are good if not excellent...I have a doubt as to which setting is best for the Pioneer sc-lx56 Receiver , now that the front speakers are managed by the Crown XLS 1002 , the AMP FRONT on / off parameter on the pioneer should be disabled ? obviously , this parameter before on the pioneer was activated.
Lost_62 is offline  
post #615 of 615 Old 11-21-2019, 08:33 AM
Member
 
Lost_62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Help me figure out how to do the wiring for switching off and on with Crown XLS 1002, I took this relay, how should the jumper be made?

https://imgur.com/YMtTFuj

https://imgur.com/oRdx4EK
Lost_62 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off