Originally Posted by Stereodude
There's no way for us to answer these questions for you based on the information provided so far.
1) Can your amp(s) overdrive your subs (ie: push them past xmax due to too much power)?
2) What is your subwoofer level trim set to in your receiver?
3) What receiver do you have?
4) How loudly do you listen?
Thanks. I'm happy to do as much research/measurement as necessary to get this right, and I think I have all of the tools...just not the right "know-how." :-)
1) I believe, in theory, that the iNuke6K can push the Dayton 18" Ultimax past xmax in the 4 cu. ft. sealed box.
2) I haven't checked. But I recently ran Audyssey, so it may have defaulted to 0? (I'll check when I'm home tonight)
3) I'm using a Denon x4000, into a balanced miniDsp (that I have set to 0.9 volts, instead of the default 2.0 volts, because, as I understand it, the iNuke can reach full volume at 0.71 volts) [see here: http://forum.speakerplans.com/behrin...8.html#690748]
And, as I understand it, the Denon doesn't put out > 0.9 volts on the sub out.
4) Not particularly loud, I don't think. In general, movie watching is done around -10 to -5db from reference. But, that's only what my Denon says. I think my HTPC's volume, when at max, produces more output than it should...I need to find a volume level on the PC so that REW measures something close to what it should...but that's an experiment for another day, I think...)
Thanks for any and all assistance!