Fat Man and Little Boy Build - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 24Likes

post #61 of 61 Old 08-21-2017, 04:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 264 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2386 Post(s)
Liked: 3040
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrda View Post
Yes it would.

I wanted what's call a critically damped cab with a qtc in the upper .5. You trade a bit of efficiency for extension. It's closer to an IB which is optimal response for this driver.

It isn't necessary to have them stacked. There's many advantages to this type of sub both from a performance and a DIY build aspect.

With what you could get for your subs you could Build a serious sub system going DIY. Or add on to what you have.
Thanks. Yes, i believe i could sell my subs, and still get money over, after such a upgrade.

With what you know today, would you change anything if you built them again? Another driver? Different size cab?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post
Awesome!

For a lot of people, the logical choice IS to go DIY. Especially subs because you can get so much performance for your dollar and it really doesn't take much knowledge or expertise to execute an excellent product. After my first (as a teen) there was no turning back...

Let me know if you ever need any help.
Yes, i built many subs in my earlier days for car use, so i have done DIY, but since getting the first SVS for HT use, i have let my tools rest, so to speak.

Flat-packs also seemed like a "easy" solution, but when adding shipping and such all the way to Norway, it all ads up.

With free sono-tubes..... that's another story....
Scott Simonian and coolrda like this.

Dual Atmos Receivers - Atmos 13.1.8/DTS X 9.1.8/Auro 3D 13.1 - Denon AVCX8500H+AVRX7200WA - Klipsch+KEF - 4xSI-HT18v2 in 2xDO Sonos - 12x12" JBL GT-X1200 NF - 3x2 stacked Crowson MA - 4xBK-LFE - 6xNU6K(fan&trig mod) - Minidsp 10x10HD - Oppo UDP203 - XBox OneX - Apple TV4K - JVC RS600 Dreamscreen V2 120"- Philips 65OLED873 - Harmony Ultimate.
Nalleh’s HT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page