Soundsplinter - - What's comparable to the RLP today? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-19-2015, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Soundsplinter - - What's comparable to the RLP today?

I had an RPL-15 in a car setup and actually tried to order a couple of 18" for HT before I realized they aren't around anymore. Website still up, and but nothing being sold.

Can anyone give me some options of similar options? I'd really like anything anyone has to say. I generally prefer sealed, but the RLP was the vented sub I ever really liked. Size of enclosure isn't really a consideration, although I would prefer it isn't the size of a fiat. I think I could go dual 15" or even 18" will be satisfied. . I still prefer sealed, but but I could be convinced otherwise as long as musical performance is taken into account.

Attached some specs to make it as easy as possible.

Quote:

Featuring dual spiders to decrease compliance, raising resonance, and effectively raising Qt - this can support the mass of the system much better than a single spider while allowing for more abuse. Giant strides ahead of its competitors, these drivers offer unbelievable excursion and foundation-ratting bass with their huge ceramic magnets, thick-gap plates, steel t-yolk, aluminum shorting ring, NBR rubber surround, gold plated spring-action terminals, stiff anodized spun aluminum cone heatsinked to a 3" voicecoil, woven lead wires to eliminate tinsel lead slap, and beautiful cast aluminum baskets.Available in 12", 15", and 18" cone size, in dual 2 or dual 4 ohm voicecoil configuration, this driver is not for the faint of heart! Please click a driver for more information.

Last edited by faulkton; 12-19-2015 at 04:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-20-2015, 05:04 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 887 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2997 Post(s)
Liked: 3744
while not identical, the dayton um18-22 is a similar kind of sub. Klippel is somewhere around 25mm and usable of 28mm or more. heavier mms, but slightly more powerful motor.

Listen. It's All Good.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-21-2015, 12:24 PM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 204 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5986 Post(s)
Liked: 5117

The Dayton Ultimax series is pretty close.

Also consider the 15" version of the TC Sounds LMS-R which is very close to the old 2k motor but with LMT coil tech.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page