Javs' Rear Speaker Project - Faital 8PR200 & Beyma TPL-150H - Page 6 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 77Likes

post #151 of 154 Old 05-27-2017, 12:59 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 101
I hope they errored more on the long side. I was never able to get my board stretcher to work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 154 Old 05-27-2017, 05:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 1105 Post(s)
Liked: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javs View Post
Well thats my luck. Its the local place near by to me so I wanted to try them. I imagined they might be a little expensive for me so I wanted to ask. Then it was a no go in the end anyways. Probably look at just getting some better tools for myself when the times comes.

I wasnt too surprised as this is how my luck generally is. Either way I will be building everything myself and will just have to do multiple tries to get it correct.
post #153 of 154 Old 08-04-2018, 09:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Javs, did you buy the cnc machine?

If so, are you interested in supplying a kit of some kind for this design, including crossovers (or at least, passive crossover design), or assist with sourcing the drivers?

Also, is the rebating for the drivers necessary for sound quality, or only aesthetics? If the latter, then I might go the cheaper and easier option and just mount the drivers on top.

I'm embarking on a dedicated home cinema construction - straw bale walled room under the house, soundproofed. Small 6.5m x 4.6m room, single row (with a second rear row perhaps). I'd like upgrade my speakers to DIY waveguides after the build but it makes sense to consider the audio now.

This would be my first main speaker DIY project. I would need nine of them, and then something for the ATMOS ceilings (x4) - DIY sound group's Volts kind of thing? Do you need waveguides for ceiling speakers?

Cheers!

My strawbale home cinema build | DMP-UB300 | JVC DLA-RS400 (X550/5000) | DIY SeymourAV XD acoustic 125" 16:9 | Denon AVR-X4400H running 5.2.4 | B&W DM602 S3 fronts | B&W LCR60 centre | B&Ws 685s front and rear heights | B&W 686 side surrounds | DIY 2x18" Subs - Mach5 IXL-18 sonotubes | Behringer inuke6000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #154 of 154 Old 08-06-2018, 10:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 1792 Post(s)
Liked: 1483
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateUser View Post
is the rebating for the drivers necessary for sound quality
Yes.

Quote:
and then something for the ATMOS ceilings (x4) - DIY sound group's Volts kind of thing?
Yes.

Quote:
Do you need waveguides for ceiling speakers?
No, the Volts are a better idea.

“You are not special. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake.” Chuck Palahniuk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page