4645C Clone in Aus. Figures not working out? - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 28Likes

post #91 of 92 Old 08-17-2016, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 136
New thread for this topic: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-di...l#post46130409

Hi guys,
Quick update. Finally got the 3677's back from a local repair shop that the supplier told me I had to go to. (Can't open anything up or I void the warranty.) To recap I was hearing light distortion from 2 of the CD's.

So they told me they replaced the diaphragms in all 3 speakers with genuine 2416h-1 diaphragms. Even in the one good one. Good news is that the distortion seems to have gone! Yay!

So I listen in the shop before I take them home, and one sounds fine. (Not the originally good one.) However the other two have a slightly more subdued, less airy, more muted, rolled off, lower volume type of sound than the good one. The guy at the shop assured me that it 'should be all good now.' So I took them home to try them on my system... Same problem at home. I made my wife have a listen to see if it was just me and my imagination. I didn't tell her my thoughts about any of the speakers, but she ended up coming up with the exact same thing I am describing.

Now, I am kind of new to pro cinema speakers. However I am struggling to work out what the issue could be??? I don't feel like taking it back to the repair shop.

What else can they do with the CD apart from replace the diaphragms in them again?
Do the new diaphragms need a period of time to 'break in' to open up? (I don't know why one sounds fine and the other two sound different when all 3 diaphragms were replaced).
I'm willing to open them up to check a few things if I can check anything?

Last edited by AudyoVidyo; 08-17-2016 at 04:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 92 Old 08-30-2016, 11:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudyoVidyo View Post
New thread for this topic: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-di...l#post46130409

Hi guys,
Quick update. Finally got the 3677's back from a local repair shop that the supplier told me I had to go to. (Can't open anything up or I void the warranty.) To recap I was hearing light distortion from 2 of the CD's.

So they told me they replaced the diaphragms in all 3 speakers with genuine 2416h-1 diaphragms. Even in the one good one. Good news is that the distortion seems to have gone! Yay!

So I listen in the shop before I take them home, and one sounds fine. (Not the originally good one.) However the other two have a slightly more subdued, less airy, more muted, rolled off, lower volume type of sound than the good one. The guy at the shop assured me that it 'should be all good now.' So I took them home to try them on my system... Same problem at home. I made my wife have a listen to see if it was just me and my imagination. I didn't tell her my thoughts about any of the speakers, but she ended up coming up with the exact same thing I am describing.

Now, I am kind of new to pro cinema speakers. However I am struggling to work out what the issue could be??? I don't feel like taking it back to the repair shop.

What else can they do with the CD apart from replace the diaphragms in them again?
Do the new diaphragms need a period of time to 'break in' to open up? (I don't know why one sounds fine and the other two sound different when all 3 diaphragms were replaced).
I'm willing to open them up to check a few things if I can check anything?
They need running in. Leave them on at a good volume for several hours a day if you can....perhaps while you are at work - and assuming your wife will be out of the house at that time as well.
Check back after about 50 hours but you should notice them improving after several hours.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page