How do I wire the iNuke to subs? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes
  • 3 Post By LTD02
  • 1 Post By zpatter1
  • 1 Post By squiers007
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 04-01-2016, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
zpatter1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 810
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Liked: 229
How do I wire the iNuke to subs?

I will be using the iNuke 3000dsp and the SI HT18 D4. So I will....

- wire the two Voice Coils in Parallel using regular speaker wire to make the amp see a 2ohm load.

- wire the Voice Coils using regular speaker wire to this speakon connector installed in the back of the box http://www.parts-express.com/neutrik...mount--092-059

- plug this adapter into the speakon connecter in the back of the box http://www.parts-express.com/neutrik...mount--092-198

- the speakon connector will be soldered to regular speaker wire. this wire will then attach to the back of the iNuke? Is this correct?

- how do I hook the iNuke to my Yamaha RXV673?

Please let me know if this is right, and if it is the "best" way. Thanks!

Front L&R: Polk RTi A3 (cherry finish)
Center: Polk CSi A6 (cherry finish)
Surrounds: Polk FXi A6 (black finish)
Subwoofer: Dual Sealed SI-HT 18" with iNuke 3000dsp
Receiver: Yamaha RX-V673
TV: 55" LCD
zpatter1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 Old 04-01-2016, 09:47 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
LTD02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 21,230
Mentioned: 870 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2966 Post(s)
Liked: 3712
I'd probably wire the coils in series and run the amp in bridged mode.


in that case speakon connectors +1 gets red and 2+ gets the black to the sub.


using the 4pole connector:


http://www.parts-express.com/neutrik...ector--092-190


amp must be set to "bridged mode".


an xlr to rca adapter will allow connection to your avr.


the martysub faq has answers to a lot of questions and general tips.


https://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-di...tysub-faq.html


good luck.
derrickdj1, squiers007 and madhuxs like this.

Listen. It's All Good.
LTD02 is online now  
post #3 of 14 Old 04-01-2016, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
zpatter1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 810
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Liked: 229
Thanks @LTD02 I forgot to mention I have two subs, that's why I wanted to wire them to 2ohm loads so each would get enough power from the iNuke 3000dsp. In that case, the 2 pole is fine I assume? And the Neutrik 2 pole panel mount is what I drill a hole in the back of the sub cabinet and insert, correct? Thanks a million!

Front L&R: Polk RTi A3 (cherry finish)
Center: Polk CSi A6 (cherry finish)
Surrounds: Polk FXi A6 (black finish)
Subwoofer: Dual Sealed SI-HT 18" with iNuke 3000dsp
Receiver: Yamaha RX-V673
TV: 55" LCD
zpatter1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 14 Old 04-01-2016, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
zpatter1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 810
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Liked: 229
Yea no more questions, that post you directed me to is so thorough. I looked for something like that but couldn't find it. Clutch as always @LTD02
LTD02 likes this.

Front L&R: Polk RTi A3 (cherry finish)
Center: Polk CSi A6 (cherry finish)
Surrounds: Polk FXi A6 (black finish)
Subwoofer: Dual Sealed SI-HT 18" with iNuke 3000dsp
Receiver: Yamaha RX-V673
TV: 55" LCD
zpatter1 is offline  
post #5 of 14 Old 04-01-2016, 02:00 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
LTD02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 21,230
Mentioned: 870 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2966 Post(s)
Liked: 3712
Quote:
Originally Posted by zpatter1 View Post
Thanks @LTD02 I forgot to mention I have two subs, that's why I wanted to wire them to 2ohm loads so each would get enough power from the iNuke 3000dsp. In that case, the 2 pole is fine I assume? And the Neutrik 2 pole panel mount is what I drill a hole in the back of the sub cabinet and insert, correct? Thanks a million!

the 2 pole connectors will work if running one per channel.

Listen. It's All Good.
LTD02 is online now  
post #6 of 14 Old 04-01-2016, 04:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
derrickdj1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,767
Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1005 Post(s)
Liked: 767
I have not use the I Nuke for a 2 ohm load but, will it be enough for a driver 1200 RMS?
derrickdj1 is offline  
post #7 of 14 Old 04-02-2016, 05:46 AM
Member
 
morca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickdj1 View Post
I have not use the I Nuke for a 2 ohm load but, will it be enough for a driver 1200 RMS?
2 ohm will wreck the Inuke in 1 a 2 years.
morca is offline  
post #8 of 14 Old 04-02-2016, 08:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
squiers007's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Newport, OR
Posts: 1,697
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 789 Post(s)
Liked: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by morca View Post
2 ohm will wreck the Inuke in 1 a 2 years.
Seriously, do you have some data to back up this claim? There are many members on here who are running SI HT18 D4's at 2ohms on each channel of an inuke3000dsp for over 2 yrs, myself included (just under 2 yrs).

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
zpatter1 likes this.

Check out my End-Table Marty Build
squiers007 is offline  
post #9 of 14 Old 04-02-2016, 11:43 AM
Member
 
morca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by squiers007 View Post
Seriously, do you have some data to back up this claim? There are many members on here who are running SI HT18 D4's at 2ohms on each channel of an inuke3000dsp for over 2 yrs, myself included (just under 2 yrs).

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Drivers : 2 x MTX T615-44 coils parralel/2 ohm.
One amp broke,the other one 8 weeks afther.

http://www.htforum.nl/yabbse/index.p...551#msg2006551
[/URL]

http://www.htforum.nl/yabbse/index.p...789#msg2028789

I am suprised more members run the amp at 2 omh in stereo and dont wreck it afther 2/3 years.

PS this where not my build,s.
morca is offline  
post #10 of 14 Old 04-02-2016, 11:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
derrickdj1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,767
Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1005 Post(s)
Liked: 767
I mixed up the driver, it is 600 RMS. A 2 ohm load should be OK.
derrickdj1 is offline  
post #11 of 14 Old 04-02-2016, 11:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
squiers007's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Newport, OR
Posts: 1,697
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 789 Post(s)
Liked: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by morca View Post
Drivers : 2 x MTX T615-44 coils parralel/2 ohm.
One amp broke,the other one 8 weeks afther.

http://www.htforum.nl/yabbse/index.p...551#msg2006551
[/URL]

http://www.htforum.nl/yabbse/index.p...789#msg2028789

I am suprised more members run the amp at 2 omh in stereo and dont wreck it afther 2/3 years.
What kind of content were you playing? At what volume, and for how long?

Maybe you just got a lemon? Did you send them back under warranty? I had a non dsp inuke 3000 crap out on me in a different application, but it turned out to be a faulty power supply and they warrantied it for me with no questions asked.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Check out my End-Table Marty Build
squiers007 is offline  
post #12 of 14 Old 04-02-2016, 12:02 PM
Member
 
morca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by squiers007 View Post
What kind of content were you playing? At what volume, and for how long?

Maybe you just got a lemon? Did you send them back under warranty? I had a non dsp inuke 3000 crap out on me in a different application, but it turned out to be a faulty power supply and they warrantied it for me with no questions asked.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
This are not my sub,s,i thinks HT movie content was playing.
And there are 2 builds/amp,s ,both broke down.
No other member had this problem.

Yes warrantied it no questions asked.
One build had 2 time,s a defect, second time that guy did not liked it anymore and sold it afther warrantied.

A friend of my,and i owm a 3000 dsp to had no problems running at 2x 4 ohm .
morca is offline  
post #13 of 14 Old 04-02-2016, 04:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
vitod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Pocono, PA
Posts: 3,639
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked: 165
I think if the amp was pumping continuously at high volumes for a long time at 2 ohms, then maybe, maybe the amp can fail. The common use for the HT18 D4 is 1200w at 2 ohms. But as we all know, high impact movie scenes happen in spurts. Many here have iNukes for some years using 2 ohms and I personally have not seen anyone claim a failure.

Panasonic AE-8000, Carada BW 120", Paradigm Studio 40v3 x 2, Paradigm 690v4, Paradigm ADP 470v3 (rears), Micca M-8C x 4, Volt 6 x 2 (SR), SI DS4-18 in 12cuft X 2, Marantz 7702MKII, OPPO 103D, Emotiva XPA-3,
vitod is offline  
post #14 of 14 Old 04-03-2016, 04:24 AM
Member
 
morca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitod View Post
I think if the amp was pumping continuously at high volumes for a long time at 2 ohms, then maybe, maybe the amp can fail. The common use for the HT18 D4 is 1200w at 2 ohms. But as we all know, high impact movie scenes happen in spurts. Many here have iNukes for some years using 2 ohms and I personally have not seen anyone claim a failure.
Maybe...i just told you about 2 ..

I own A 3000 dsp on a pair JL audio 13W3V3-4 ,never had any problems,and i am pumping them .
morca is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off