DIYSG LCR Reccomendation F-15's of 1099's - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 34Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 102 Old 05-12-2016, 08:04 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Wall, NJ
Posts: 808
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 192
DIYSG LCR Reccomendation F-15's or 1099's

I am just Just putting together my new HT and am basically starting from scratch. Only things I have so far are Yamaha 11ch cx-a5100 pre pro and a JTR Orbit Shifter LFU.(couple of studio monitors for LR right now)

I was set on getting a whole JTR setup 212HTR's LCR. 228's surrounds. Single 8's atmos and height. After totaling it all up. I can practically buy a new car for that amount. I came across DIYSG.

I am already hooked and havent placed my first order. To the point. The F-15 are in stock and they seem like a great 2-way but I kinda had my heart set on a fullrange LCR. That is where the 1099's come in they seem like a great speaker as well but hard to find in stock. As of now they are not.

I plan to buy another orbit shifter or if I fall too far down the rabbit hole might DIY some massive subs. Is it pointless to have a 3-way if you are running subs?

I'm open to anyother DIYSG suggestions as well but only want to do something that has included flat pack.

Thanks in advance for info and Reccomendations.
eng-399 likes this.

Last edited by David Varner; 05-12-2016 at 08:22 AM.
David Varner is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 102 Old 05-12-2016, 08:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
uniquepattern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,896
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Liked: 857
Im considering an upgrade to my systems top end, and these two models as well as the 1899's are on my short list...


(the 1299's and the 1899's are the front runners right now...)




Id love to see what people have to say about this.....
uniquepattern is offline  
post #3 of 102 Old 05-12-2016, 08:43 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Wall, NJ
Posts: 808
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by uniquepattern View Post
Im considering an upgrade to my systems top end, and these two models as well as the 1899's are on my short list...


(the 1299's and the 1899's are the front runners right now...)




Id love to see what people have to say about this.....
I was just looking at the 1299's when you posted those are alost a major contender. Because of my OCD and crappy woodworking skills a CNC cut flatpack for the 1299's and they would have alrady been ordered.
David Varner is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 102 Old 05-12-2016, 08:44 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Wall, NJ
Posts: 808
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 192
@Erich H any plans on having a flat pack for the 1299's anytime soon?
Nexgen76 likes this.
David Varner is offline  
post #5 of 102 Old 05-12-2016, 08:45 AM
Senior Member
 
wasser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 264
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Varner View Post
The F-15 are in stock and they seem like a great 2-way but I kinda had my heart set on a fullrange LCR.
Perhaps you're mixing 3-way with fullrange. With flatpacks, both show the same frequency response (45hz - 20khz) and both are intended for use with a subwoofer. However, iirc from one of the get togethers the F-15 is generally considered to hit a bit harder down low and the 1099 has some advantages up high. However, the difference don't seem to be all that great.

If you want an actual full range you can look at the Maximus line, but there are currently no flatpacks.

Answer these to get better suggestions:
  1. What is your intended usage? Is this more for movies or music? If both, do you have an emphasis?
  2. What size area is this for?
  3. Do have have any size restrictions?
  4. Budget?
wasser is offline  
post #6 of 102 Old 05-12-2016, 08:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
uniquepattern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,896
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Liked: 857
I do believe it was mentioned somewhere....


I know about the OCD thing....


Honestly though, you may not need a flat pack...


Cutting some square panels isn't to hard to do, and if you are going to paint them (ie no veneer ect) then you can fudge a few errors fairly easily so they don't show thru the finished product...




There are lots of people around here that can help with the finishing... (me included)
uniquepattern is offline  
post #7 of 102 Old 05-12-2016, 08:51 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Wall, NJ
Posts: 808
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasser View Post
Perhaps you're mixing 3-way with fullrange. With flatpacks, both show the same frequency response (45hz - 20khz) and both are intended for use with a subwoofer. However, iirc from one of the get togethers the F-15 is generally considered to hit a bit harder down low and the 1099 has some advantages up high. However, the difference don't seem to be all that great.

If you want an actual full range you can look at the Maximus line, but there are currently no flatpacks.

Answer these to get better suggestions:
  1. What is your intended usage? Is this more for movies or music? If both, do you have an emphasis?
  2. What size area is this for?
  3. Do have have any size restrictions?
  4. Budget?
Yes I meant fullrange and not having a flatpack is a deal breaker for me. Hmmm. So it kinda of a was between the 1099 and F-15.

Now that 1299 would take care of the low end. I might even hire someone to build those cabs for me or just suck it up and build the cabs.

1.50/50 movies music
2.6500 sq ft foom
3.No real budget or size restrictions.

Last edited by David Varner; 05-12-2016 at 08:56 AM.
David Varner is offline  
post #8 of 102 Old 05-12-2016, 08:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
rhodesj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,159
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1010 Post(s)
Liked: 600
Neither the F15 nor the 1099 are really full range; both are meant to be used with subs handling the low end. 1099s are meant to be crossed at 80, maybe 70, and not lower than 60 Hz, per the designer. And with subs you don't really need a true "full range" speaker anyways.
JohnDean likes this.
rhodesj is offline  
post #9 of 102 Old 05-12-2016, 09:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
uniquepattern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,896
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Liked: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Varner View Post
Yes I meant fullrange and not having a flatpack is a deal breaker for me. Hmmm. So it kinda of a was between the 1099 and F-15.

Now that 1299 would take care of the low end. I might even hire someone to build those cabs for me or just suck it up and build the cabs.

1.50/50 movies music
2.6500 sq ft foom
3.No real budget or size restrictions.



Build the cabs! !


Its easy... and wood filler can do wonders!
Man, you have a decent size room...


In response to point #3... 1899's sound like they are calling your name.....
uniquepattern is offline  
post #10 of 102 Old 05-12-2016, 09:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Erich H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati OH
Posts: 7,398
Mentioned: 308 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1888 Post(s)
Liked: 2706
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Varner View Post

I am already hooked and havent placed my first order. To the point. The F-15 are in stock and they seem like a great 2-way but I kinda had my heart set on a fullrange LCR. That is where the 1099's come in they seem like a great speaker as well but hard to find in stock. As of now they are not.
Full range speaker for home theater use aren't needed at all if you plan on having subwoofers playing. You give up a lot of efficiency trying to go that route.

The Fusion-15's will play lower than the 1099's.

_______________________
The SEOS Waveguide Project
Erich H is offline  
post #11 of 102 Old 05-12-2016, 09:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
uniquepattern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,896
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Liked: 857
1099 vs fusion 15, which is better for music only applications?
uniquepattern is offline  
post #12 of 102 Old 05-12-2016, 09:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Erich H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati OH
Posts: 7,398
Mentioned: 308 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1888 Post(s)
Liked: 2706
As for 1299 flat packs, I'm not sure about those just yet because everyone that has ordered them so far wants to build a different enclosure size. So I don't really know which flat pack to get made up. If they're ported then the flat pack gets big and has to be shipped in two packages due to weight. Shipping two packages for one flat pack gets pretty expensive and I think people would start passing on them and I'd be stuck with a lot of big flat packs. If I started shipping pallets, then it would probably be okay.


I need to draw up an enclosure that can basically be cut from a sheet of 4x8 MDF. I think you could cut a sheet width wise into something like 48" x 15" rips and get your back panel, and sides using 3 identical rips. One sheet would knock out sides and back for two boxes.

_______________________
The SEOS Waveguide Project
Erich H is offline  
post #13 of 102 Old 05-12-2016, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Wall, NJ
Posts: 808
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich H View Post
As for 1299 flat packs, I'm not sure about those just yet because everyone that has ordered them so far wants to build a different enclosure size. So I don't really know which flat pack to get made up. If they're ported then the flat pack gets big and has to be shipped in two packages due to weight. Shipping two packages for one flat pack gets pretty expensive and I think people would start passing on them and I'd be stuck with a lot of big flat packs. If I started shipping pallets, then it would probably be okay.


I need to draw up an enclosure that can basically be cut from a sheet of 4x8 MDF. I think you could cut a sheet width wise into something like 48" x 15" rips and get your back panel, and sides using 3 identical rips. One sheet would knock out sides and back for two boxes.
Some plans would be great as well as how the bracing should be. It seems like a simple enough build for me.
David Varner is offline  
post #14 of 102 Old 05-12-2016, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Wall, NJ
Posts: 808
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by uniquepattern View Post
Build the cabs! !


Its easy... and wood filler can do wonders!
Man, you have a decent size room...


In response to point #3... 1899's sound like they are calling your name.....
Oh oh its you Mr.massive 24's ...haha Reading your thread is what took me along this DIY path. Can't wait untill those divers come in and I can hear your impression of those things.
uniquepattern likes this.

Last edited by David Varner; 05-12-2016 at 10:04 AM.
David Varner is offline  
post #15 of 102 Old 05-12-2016, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Wall, NJ
Posts: 808
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 192
It looks like it's the F-15's for me.

1.flat pack available
2.I got a massive subwoofer(or thought i did untill @uniquepattern showed up on the thread)
3. Dont need fullrange with subs I will lose efficiency.
4. I like the way they look
David Varner is offline  
post #16 of 102 Old 05-12-2016, 10:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
uniquepattern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,896
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Liked: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Varner View Post
It looks like it's the F-15's for me.

1.flat pack available
2.I got a massive subwoofer(or thought i did untill @uniquepattern showed up on the thread)
3. Dont need fullrange with subs I will lose efficiency.
4. I like the way they look



Wicked! we have a winner!
uniquepattern is offline  
post #17 of 102 Old 05-12-2016, 10:30 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Wall, NJ
Posts: 808
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Ordering Now.
David Varner is offline  
post #18 of 102 Old 05-12-2016, 10:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
uniquepattern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,896
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Liked: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Varner View Post
Ordering Now.


Nice!


Very Nice!




and you do have a massive sub... those babies (Orbit Shifters - named for a good reason) are not kids toys!
uniquepattern is offline  
post #19 of 102 Old 05-12-2016, 11:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
asarose247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: DIY enabled in SoCal / OC
Posts: 4,458
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1257 Post(s)
Liked: 1103
This is a family reunion shot on my patio last summer after finishing the Lowarhorn TH subs,

the F-15's at about 65" apart CTC for the CD and following the toe-in suggestions by @mtg90 (iirc) make for fantastic stereo, I sit about 11ish+ feet away.
XT32 puts the xo @ 40 and for most music are clear like I can't believe, and great centerfill,
but I also have a lot of room treatments, the an area you will investigating while you enjoy the build and setup.

and flatpacks just plain f'n rock . . .

the xo's aren't too tough but you'll get all the help you desire

you're gonna love it . .

p.s. reason for the photo: the grills all match . . ha ha
Attached Images
 
LTD02 likes this.

DIY FAN Denon X4400 , ATI A 2000 for 7.4.6 SCATMOS Sammy 82" 4K/HDR
L/R: Fusion 15 V2 , C: 88 Special , SL/SR: 88 Special(V2) , RL/RR: F-3, TF/TR: Volt 6's TM: SLX, FH: F4Q4
SUBMAXIMUS V2, ,Submaximus V3,LOWARHORNCustom Dual Driver VBSS,2 x 6000DSP
asarose247 is online now  
post #20 of 102 Old 05-12-2016, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Wall, NJ
Posts: 808
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by asarose247 View Post
This is a family reunion shot on my patio last summer after finishing the Lowarhorn TH subs,

the F-15's at about 65" apart CTC for the CD and following the toe-in suggestions by @mtg90 (iirc) make for fantastic stereo, I sit about 11ish+ feet away.
XT32 puts the xo @ 40 and for most music are clear like I can't believe, and great centerfill,
but I also have a lot of room treatments, the an area you will investigating while you enjoy the build and setup.

and flatpacks just plain f'n rock . . .

the xo's aren't too tough but you'll get all the help you desire

you're gonna love it . .

p.s. reason for the photo: the grills all match . . ha ha
I was almost completely convinced to get the 88 special for the center but i figured i would have to build a stand to get the tweeter up to the same height as the F-15's might as well have another 15in woofer holding it up.

I still have no clue where I'm going to put the F-15 center I have the 65" 4K TV on a stand.

I didn't order terminal cups or binding posts. I am still not sure if I want to do speakon connectors or terminal cups. I like the speakons but if i wanted to switch speakers around or take em some where else . It would be a pain in the rear. The terminal cups on DIYSG looked a little chinsy.

Any thoughts on terminal cups or speakons?

Last edited by David Varner; 05-12-2016 at 12:39 PM.
David Varner is offline  
post #21 of 102 Old 05-12-2016, 12:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
uniquepattern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,896
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Liked: 857
Speakon


for no other reason then it locks (ever had a pair of jacks vibrate out? = not good)
uniquepattern is offline  
post #22 of 102 Old 05-12-2016, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Wall, NJ
Posts: 808
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 192
They do seem like the better option. I dont plan on switching anything around anyway.
David Varner is offline  
post #23 of 102 Old 05-12-2016, 01:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
uniquepattern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,896
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Liked: 857
I just picked up some nice Black and Gold Speakons from PE...


Fancy looking things....
uniquepattern is offline  
post #24 of 102 Old 05-12-2016, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Wall, NJ
Posts: 808
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by uniquepattern View Post
I just picked up some nice Black and Gold Speakons from PE...


Fancy looking things....
screw you making me spend another $3 on a connector. They sure are pretty though. I couldn't pass them up
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	speakon.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	2.7 KB
ID:	1435546  
uniquepattern likes this.

Last edited by David Varner; 05-12-2016 at 02:33 PM.
David Varner is offline  
post #25 of 102 Old 05-12-2016, 02:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
asarose247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: DIY enabled in SoCal / OC
Posts: 4,458
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1257 Post(s)
Liked: 1103
this is the LCR that "just" fits under my TV, hanging off the wall
I created feet for the 15's to within 1/4' below a well leveled TV.
The 88 stand is a waste basket from Target with plywood discreetly added as needed for height and stability,
if I hadn't built the 88 first, I agree, matching LCR could be better,
XT32 put the xo @100
where as the 15's are a "small" @40
I don't have many issues wrt not having an extra 15" up front,

everything sings and pounds along just fine

you're going to love that *****.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NEWLCRSHOT.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	165.6 KB
ID:	1435570  
LTD02 and uniquepattern like this.

DIY FAN Denon X4400 , ATI A 2000 for 7.4.6 SCATMOS Sammy 82" 4K/HDR
L/R: Fusion 15 V2 , C: 88 Special , SL/SR: 88 Special(V2) , RL/RR: F-3, TF/TR: Volt 6's TM: SLX, FH: F4Q4
SUBMAXIMUS V2, ,Submaximus V3,LOWARHORNCustom Dual Driver VBSS,2 x 6000DSP
asarose247 is online now  
post #26 of 102 Old 05-12-2016, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Wall, NJ
Posts: 808
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by asarose247 View Post
this is the LCR that "just" fits under my TV, hanging off the wall
I created feet for the 15's to within 1/4' below a well leveled TV.
The 88 stand is a waste basket from Target with plywood discreetly added as needed for height and stability,
if I hadn't built the 88 first, I agree, matching LCR could be better,
XT32 put the xo @100
where as the 15's are a "small" @40
I don't have many issues wrt not having an extra 15" up front,

everything sings and pounds along just fine

you're going to love that *****.
I'm so pumped only problem is I don't have an amp. I have the Yamaha Pre Pro 11ch w/ all XLR outs but no amp my sub and studio monitors are active hopfully by the time these are built I can figure out what I want to do.

I'm still on the fence between pro amps, D-sonic 7 channel, or the Yamaha Aventage a5000 11ch that goes with my prepro.

That was my thought exactly was wall mounting the TV is the only way to go.

Last edited by David Varner; 05-12-2016 at 02:34 PM.
David Varner is offline  
post #27 of 102 Old 05-12-2016, 02:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
asarose247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: DIY enabled in SoCal / OC
Posts: 4,458
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1257 Post(s)
Liked: 1103
my load plate for the TV is a 2 x 10 x 34" solid oak across 2 stud bays, i.e. 6 x 6" x 5/16ths' lag bolts, 2 in each stud for the load plate and then a "few" 1 1/2" x 1/4" for the full motion mount on to the load plate.

if you can't get 2" oak, consider using a sandwich of 2 pieces of 3/4", probably "adequate"

the tricky part is determining the height for a good viewing angle wrt center of the screen from the mlp.

the mount came from monoprice for about <$120 = great deal and bullet proof

DIY FAN Denon X4400 , ATI A 2000 for 7.4.6 SCATMOS Sammy 82" 4K/HDR
L/R: Fusion 15 V2 , C: 88 Special , SL/SR: 88 Special(V2) , RL/RR: F-3, TF/TR: Volt 6's TM: SLX, FH: F4Q4
SUBMAXIMUS V2, ,Submaximus V3,LOWARHORNCustom Dual Driver VBSS,2 x 6000DSP
asarose247 is online now  
post #28 of 102 Old 05-12-2016, 03:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
asarose247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: DIY enabled in SoCal / OC
Posts: 4,458
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1257 Post(s)
Liked: 1103
not having to have a cabinet holding up the TV lets me hide stuff, like the inukes and other stuff on the shelving

i don't miss seeing the amps lights . . .

the ganged amps are a height that lets me swing the TV over them if need be

and there room for a few more treatment panels back there
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	loadplate.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	173.1 KB
ID:	1435682  
uniquepattern likes this.

DIY FAN Denon X4400 , ATI A 2000 for 7.4.6 SCATMOS Sammy 82" 4K/HDR
L/R: Fusion 15 V2 , C: 88 Special , SL/SR: 88 Special(V2) , RL/RR: F-3, TF/TR: Volt 6's TM: SLX, FH: F4Q4
SUBMAXIMUS V2, ,Submaximus V3,LOWARHORNCustom Dual Driver VBSS,2 x 6000DSP
asarose247 is online now  
post #29 of 102 Old 05-12-2016, 03:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
uniquepattern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,896
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Liked: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Varner View Post
screw you making me spend another $3 on a connector. They sure are pretty though. I couldn't pass them up
Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!


Yeah, they are pretty
uniquepattern is offline  
post #30 of 102 Old 05-12-2016, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Wall, NJ
Posts: 808
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by asarose247 View Post
not having to have a cabinet holding up the TV lets me hide stuff, like the inukes and other stuff on the shelving

i don't miss seeing the amps lights . . .

the ganged amps are a height that lets me swing the TV over them if need be

and there room for a few more treatment panels back there
I got you looks like the way to go. Reading your build thread now. I'm glad I got flat packs. I need a lot more clamps.
David Varner is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off