Help me choose my next project
A couple of months ago I borrowed a table saw from a neighbor and proceeded to start my first diy speaker build (overnight sensations). I learned several things in the proceeding weeks. Most predominantly my wood working skills leave a lot to be desired and building speakers is much more rewarding than getting a box in the mail.
In the past couple weeks my loving wife purchased me a table saw of my own and I am proceeding with a couple of honeydo projects which is helping me learn more about wood working.
In the next 6 months I am looking to start another speaker build this time to replace my current LCR. I really like my current LCR setup (psb alpha c1 & t1) the only problem I have with them is that they are rear ported. The layout of my basement is such that my L and R speakers are placed in corners which makes them a bit boomy at times so what ever i build will be front ported.
My criteria is as follows:
1. Must work well in a corner setup
2. Around 12" or less in width (sorry no f15)
3. They need to sound crisp and clean
4. Price I would like to be under $300 a piece but that is flexible this will be a furture project so there will be time to save.
5. Needs center channel that can be rotated horizontally
So far I think the best match is a diysg 893.