AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 510 Post(s)
Liked: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnyt View Post
Rofl.

I think the crux of it is you're not supposed to be advertising your site if you're a vendor on here without paying. The way around that is to create a separate 'fanboy' account and just spam it that way.
Yup, and I'm pretty sure he's still got at least one sockpuppet at diyausio even after being banned there. He's doing this on all the forums.

The really sad thing about all this is that for all the pomp and bluster, all the several thousands of posts on all the different forums (each containing a link back to his site and private forum which is why he posts on open forums, not because he wants to help people), after repeatedly answering technical responses to his mistakes with nothing but bravado and mentions of his resume and the "company" that he's in (as if he's even close to Danley or D'Appollito's league) he's not even good at his job. This is his full time day job, his source of income, and he should be good at it. Ten years ago I knew nothing about audio at all and in the past ten years I've been only semi serious in this hobby. I don't spend more than a couple hours a day on average even thinking about audio. I'm a farmer for gods sake. For people like me (and lots of others including people that are beginners) to be pointing out his mistakes means he's not even remotely good at his job. I know more about audio than Bill ever will despite his decades of experience and resume. His designs are mediocre at best, he often has no clue what he's talking about and he actively tries to discourage people from designing their own horns.
notnyt and Jady Jenkins like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 200 Old 07-07-2017, 10:09 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 163
In fairness to Bill, he has spent a lot of time also helpfully answering people's questions here on these forums. I know - he's answered several of my poorly-worded, vague questions over the years.

I consider it a great privilege to have people like Bill F and DIYSG on the forum and available to answer questions or provide data or ideas. That makes it a great resource the average guy like me could have only dreamed about 20 years ago.

I'm glad it's NOT an echo chamber, though. That's how we all learn! If everyone agreed on one best design for all situations, this hobby would be pretty boring.

Being dishonest or using dummy accounts to shill your stuff and tear down others is at best dishonest and a show of poor ethics and character. I am absolving myself of all those allegations, as I don't really know enough to have an opinion. However, I find it unlikely that Bill and Rick are really bimmabuddies and drink Canadian beer together. A /s (sarcasm) tag is pretty much required on some posts on the internet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subs are like pizzas: you get way more good stuff with the big ones.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-di...uxl-build.html
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-di...-overture.html
post #63 of 200 Old 07-07-2017, 10:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmaguy View Post
However, I find it unlikely that Bill and Rick are really bimmabuddies and drink Canadian beer together. A /s (sarcasm) tag is pretty much required on some posts on the internet.
That's not sarcasm, he could get in pretty serious trouble (as far as forum trouble goes) for using a sockpuppet account. He's trying to play it off like it ain't no thang and there's a reasonable explanation for it. Like he did when he was asjed about his diyaudio sockpuppeting behavior on his own forum. He gave an equally ridiculous answer.

A friend used my computer to make some posts there. Rather than ask me why they had posts from two members from the same computer they banned me without notice. No matter, I haven't even lurked there for at least five years, as it's a site dominated by flame wars. - http://www.billfitzmaurice.info/foru...hp?f=7&t=16194

Remember, he was banned for repeated use of sockpuppets, it wasn't just a single incidence as he seems to be implying is this quote. And the only reason he answered that question on his forum was because it was his only outlet - he was banned so he couldn't go spin his crap on diyaudio to "explain" why this happened. He will continue to try to clear his name until the bitter end.

I'm fairly sure he's using sockpuppets on his own forum as well. This goes deep - I know it can be hard to believe that someone can be so ... manipulative, but there it is, all laid out. There's plenty of proof right here in this thread.
Jady Jenkins likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 200 Old 07-07-2017, 10:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
In one case Bill was replying to his own posts with a sock-puppet....
Let's think about this realistically for just a second. What would be the order of events here?

Bill makes a post at diyaudio.
Bill logs out of diyaudio.
His buddy logs in to diyaudio on Bill's computer and responds to Bill's diyaudio post.
His buddy logs off of diyaudio.
Bill logs back on and makes another post.
Bill logs off.
Bill's buddy logs on to Bill's computer and makes another post.

SERIOUSLY?!? This is what he expects people to believe?
Jady Jenkins likes this.
post #65 of 200 Old 07-07-2017, 10:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Also notice this little coincidence.

"RickJames" said this (on this forum) -

That explains a lot. I've lurked there (diyaudio) maybe three or four times, and all they do there is argue. Places like that give the internet a bad name.

Bill said this (on his own forum) -

No matter, I haven't even lurked there for at least five years, as it's a site dominated by flame wars.

Notice the similarity in wording and phrasing and overall message?

Are you still unconvinced? Sure, he explains it as similar because they are just friends. But unless they are telephathically connected this is just way too much coincidence.

And when is the last time you had a friend over and you took turns posting on the same forum on the same computer? This is just too much to ignore.
Jady Jenkins likes this.
post #66 of 200 Old 07-07-2017, 11:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Hey, @bimmaguy - sorry if it sounds like I'm attacking you for not believing me, that is certainly not my intention. Just making my point is all.
bimmaguy and Jady Jenkins like this.
post #67 of 200 Old 07-07-2017, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diy speaker guy View Post
Hey, @bimmaguy - sorry if it sounds like I'm attacking you for not believing me, that is certainly not my intention. Just making my point is all.
No offence taken! Thanks, but I get it. That would be pretty shady behavior, but those are pretty serious allegations. Some people do learn from their mistakes, but, indeed, some don't...

Just saying I much prefer your (seriously awesome, BTW) posts about horns and modelling and inductance. Sometimes it just looks like you have an axe to grind (justified or not) with Bill.

That can be entertaining and informative too, like the rivalries between Mach 5 and SI. I'm not trying to get in the middle, or defend anyone. Like I said, I don't really know anything beyond the evidence provided in this thread. All I know is I didn't give Bill a dime and he helped me, as have many others. As have you, DIYSG.

Carry on.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Stephen_Colbert_eating_popcorn.gif
Views:	280
Size:	407.1 KB
ID:	2222921  
bscool likes this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by bimmaguy; 07-07-2017 at 12:19 PM.
post #68 of 200 Old 07-07-2017, 12:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Indeed, people do get the impression that I'm grinding my axe on a lot of different heads (most notably SI) but if you check my posts, I don't start these things. I only respond when someone else says something that's demonstrably incorrect. And in SI's case, neither he nor his fanboys have made any outrageous statements in the past couple of years so for the most part I have no reason to talk about SI at all. Same thing would go for Bill, but he never stops saying demonstrably incorrect things.

I'm well aware that at least some people are going to think this is a crazy witch hunt but I wouldn't be mentioning it at all if there was not evidence.

I don't use the internet as a tool to make friends. I'm on the internet to collect and share important information. I'm not really concerned with what people think of me and I won't be bullied, not even by the leaders in the industry. Everyone makes mistakes and I'm more than happy to point them out when they happen. That's just me. I don't care.
bimmaguy, bscool, K9woofer and 1 others like this.
post #69 of 200 Old 07-07-2017, 12:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 5770
Quote:
I find it unlikely that Bill and Rick are really bimmabuddies and drink Canadian beer together.
We sure aren't going to drink American beer. Not that some of the American microbrews aren't pretty good, but they're no competition for what comes out of Quebec. As for tearing down others, I put speaker guy on my ignore list because that seemed to be the only reason he came here. Read through this thread, which is typical of the level of disrespect and venom that he spews.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-di...-do-tht-2.html
I don't remember if I iggy'd him then and there, I probably gave him at least a couple more chances at showing some civility first, but it wouldn't have been long after I'm sure.
bimmaguy likes this.
post #70 of 200 Old 07-07-2017, 12:36 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 320 Post(s)
Quoted: 3783 Post(s)
Liked: 3755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Fitzmaurice View Post
We sure aren't going to drink American beer. Not that some of the American microbrews aren't pretty good, but they're no competition for what comes out of Quebec. As for tearing down others, I put speaker guy on my ignore list because that seemed to be the only reason he came here. Read through this thread, which is typical of the level of disrespect and venom that he spews.
I don't remember if I iggy'd him then and there, I probably gave him at least a couple more chances at showing some civility first, but it wouldn't have been long after I'm sure.
Really? You're saying he came here to tear down your posts? He was the first response to this thread. He came here to actual assist the OP and model what was being discussed. You blatantly ignored vital parts that he covered and had 'RickJames' chime in with further nonsense. You say you're ignoring him, but claiming you read the responses in this thread. Which is it?

Even this post is BS, since you would have seen his first post, just not the content. This forum software lists "This message is hidden because USER is on your ignore list. "

Also, in the THT post, he provided loads of useful info. I guess educated consumers are a bad thing.

:/

Your first response was:

Quote:
Quote: Originally Posted by SanchoPanza

Why don't we ask Bill to comment?

Questions about technical details relating to my designs should be posted on my forum, where you'll get answers from myself and other actual owners, and the thread won't be side tracked by comments from those who don't own or use them, and are only interested in arguing about that which they do not understand. Maxmercy actually owns THTs, so his comments are worth listening to. Others who are merely speculating, not so much.

So instead of having an open discussion and responding with factual contradictions if you had any, you want to control the environment and the answers the OP can receive while at the same time insulting those were having a technical discussion claiming they don't understand. That's amusing, considering you say someone else is only posting to tear down others. Sorry, but that's flagrant.

Let's remember, the S in AVS means Science.

Last edited by notnyt; 07-07-2017 at 01:21 PM.
post #71 of 200 Old 07-07-2017, 12:54 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Also notice this little coincidence.

"RickJames" said this (on this forum) -

That explains a lot. I've lurked there (diyaudio) maybe three or four times, and all they do there is argue. Places like that give the internet a bad name.

Bill said this (on his own forum) -

No matter, I haven't even lurked there for at least five years, as it's a site dominated by flame wars.

Notice the similarity in wording and phrasing and overall message?

Are you still unconvinced? Sure, he explains it as similar because they are just friends. But unless they are telephathically connected this is just way too much coincidence.

And when is the last time you had a friend over and you took turns posting on the same forum on the same computer? This is just too much to ignore.

post #72 of 200 Old 07-07-2017, 01:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Are you saying you think I joined avs forum just to follow you around and argue with you? Look at my post count. How many of those posts are about you?

We had a history on PE techtalk long before avs. The minute I started posting tutorials to help people design horns you were all over me like a wet stinky blanket. You destroyed my tutorial threads and I ended up just deleting all the info because it was just a mess. MWM Kravchenko also got in on the fun with you in those threads, he also had something to lose from people designing their own horns, and has an equally enormous, vast, immense, massive, colossal, prodigious, gigantic, gargantuan, mammoth ego just like you. (Thanks google synonym.)

You've been messing up my threads since 2009, around the time of the THT thread was when you realized that you couldn't win a technical discussion with me so you put me ignore on your main account and started using your sockpuppets accounts to do these familiar character attacks.
notnyt and Jady Jenkins like this.
post #73 of 200 Old 07-07-2017, 01:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 5770
Quote:
You blatantly ignored vital parts that he covered.
I've ignored him entirely for years, with no ill effect. And from here on I'm ignoring you. But hey, you have a nice day.
notnyt likes this.
post #74 of 200 Old 07-07-2017, 01:21 PM

Quote:
I've ignored him entirely for years, with no ill effect. And from here on I'm ignoring you. But hey, you have a nice day.
I guess peer review never sat well with you, did it?
post #75 of 200 Old 07-07-2017, 01:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Let's put that through google translate and see what pops out.

"I, Bill Fitzmaurice concede defeat and finally realize that I can't cover this up and continuing to try is only digging my hole deeper and deeper while my credibility shrink away to nothing."

You have a nice day too, Bill. I imagine you aren't feeling too well these past couple of days.
post #76 of 200 Old 07-07-2017, 01:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
I guess peer review never sat well with you, did it?

post #77 of 200 Old 07-07-2017, 01:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

LOL, I don't usually "like" memes, in fact I don't usually "like" anything but this is too funny.
post #78 of 200 Old 07-07-2017, 01:42 PM

Bills, bills, bills...

post #79 of 200 Old 07-07-2017, 02:32 PM

Mentioned: 848 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2949 Post(s)
Liked: 3678
@diy speaker guy

while we are at it, any idea what is going here? shouldn't these two configurations have the same frequency response?

one has the volume of the horn in the horn. the other has almost all the volume in the throat chamber.

the location of the drivers, the size of the rear chamber, and the section in front of the drivers all appear to be identical, but the frequency response is not.

front section modeled as a horn:

front section modeled as the "throat".

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	horn volume.png
Views:	262
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	2223129   Click image for larger version

Name:	throat volume.png
Views:	265
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	2223137  

Listen. It's All Good.
post #80 of 200 Old 07-07-2017, 02:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I don't know what's going on with your second sim, man. EDIT - oh yes I do. You are masking the resonances. You get a WILDLY different result if you don't mask the resonances.

When I run your first sim I get this, which at a glance appears to match your first sim :

But when I run the second sim I get this :

That doesn't match your second sim at all. I'm using resonances unmasked, and check to see that I input your inputs correctly.

Now if you look close, my second sim doesn't match my first sim either. They are kinda close in shape but the second one is shifted down in frequency. I'll think on this a bit and ask McBean but it's probably got something to do with the way Hornresp deals with the horn termination. It's crucial to sim very accurately, masking or not masking resonances will depend on the actual situation. And I should know more about how and in what situations Hornresp deals with the end correction thing but I might have to get an answer from David. In the meantime I'll continue to play with this and try to figure it out on my own. The whole issue could be related to how Hornresp deals with either resonance calculation or end correction. I know it does calculate end correction in some situations but not all.

This is stuff you don't really notice until you run sims of MASSIVE enclosures where resonances and end correction can make a HUGE difference.

Last edited by diy speaker guy; 07-07-2017 at 03:12 PM.
post #81 of 200 Old 07-07-2017, 03:00 PM

I just confirmed the RickJames account is Bill accessing the net through a proxy service. If any mods actually get alerted or care they can pm me for details. This whole thing is stupid, I'd much rather just see bill quit the bs and post from his actual account.
post #82 of 200 Old 07-07-2017, 03:00 PM

Quote:
I know exactly what it feels like when some random on the internet hates on something you bought that you love. "You bought X?!?!?!1 You got ripped off!! You could've gotten Y, which is way better in every way!1!" That stings, man. It's easy to get suckered into getting offended and defensive. Sometimes it's true, and sometimes it's totally misguided, but it's always a challenge to respond in a way that doesn't look bad.

I can't imagine what it feels like to have people criticize my own designs. Maybe you're reading more into it than we do; I don't see (much) more than a spirited debate in that thread; with the exception of some name-calling which is never called for, or ever acceptable in civil discourse. I really don't see any venom or outright maliciousness. Blocking someone should really be a case of last resort, like racism, threats, or harassment, though. You should read this particular thread, as it has become a bit of a witch hunt. Defend yourself, or at least be aware of the discussion. I don't like watching a guy in a coma get beat up (even if he's there by choice). If you feel targeted by DiySG, it would seem you both share interests and thus gravitate towards the same threads. Only in this thread (that I'm aware of) have things turned more personal.

Arguments are awesome! I have personally had it happen that I was trying to prove a point to some random dummy on the internet, so I did research to find direct quotes and references. At which point I promptly discovered I was the dummy, and was forced to apologize. (I am Canadian!) Differing viewpoints make us question our philosophy or at least refresh our knowledge. I know it can get exhausting dealing with different personalities, but it can be really good for the soul. If it gets too much, just ignore it in real life instead of killing the discourse. My 2 cents.

Last edited by bimmaguy; 07-07-2017 at 03:06 PM.
post #83 of 200 Old 07-07-2017, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 1402 Post(s)
Liked: 1982
@diy speaker guy since you dont like memes, how bout a gif. Your honorary sock puppet can be Charlie Murphy.

post #84 of 200 Old 07-07-2017, 03:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Killa View Post
@diy speaker guy since you dont like memes, how bout a gif. Your honorary sock puppet can be Charlie Murphy.
I like it but I don't know Charlie Murphy or where that clip comes from. And I can't google search a gif and get the answer.

I didn't recognize chrapladm's image that he posted on the second page either, but I was able to successfully google search that one. It came from this, which is too funny. - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Split_(2016_American_film)
(At least I think that's where it comes from.)

You guys are hilarious. Usually I don't get into the comedy side of forums but in this case all the memes, images and gifs are just way too on point.
post #85 of 200 Old 07-07-2017, 03:09 PM

Quote:
I like it but I don't know Charlie Murphy or where that clip comes from. And I can't google search a gif and get the answer.

I didn't recognize chrapladm's image that he posted on the second page either, but I was able to successfully google search that one. It came from this, which is too funny. - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Split_(2016_American_film)
(At least I think that's where it comes from.)

You guys are hilarious. Usually I don't get into the comedy side of forums but in this case all the memes, images and gifs are just way too on point.
Dave Chappelle show. Charlie Murphy skit, was hilarious.
bimmaguy likes this.
post #86 of 200 Old 07-07-2017, 03:11 PM

Quote:
I don't know what's going on with your second sim, man. EDIT - oh yes I do. You are masking the resonances. You get a WILDLY different result if you don't mask the resonances.

argh! thanks. that was it. obviously if investigating the resonances of the throat chamber, the resonances shouldn't be masked!

Listen. It's All Good.
post #87 of 200 Old 07-07-2017, 03:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I don't see (much) more than a spirited debate in that thread; with the exception of some name-calling which is never called for, or ever acceptable in civil discourse.
Was I the one calling names? If so, I agree that's not the right way to do things, and I've done some of that in this thread too. But it's unbelievably frustrating to deal with this kind of situation. Having it confirmed by notnyt beyond ANY doubt (never mind reasonable doubt) should give everyone a peek into what I've been dealing with since 2009. Yeah I'm a bit frustrated. Yeah, I called a few names. I admit it, and maybe I shouldn't have. But I was right about Bill and I've known it all along, I just didn't know how to prove it. If I get a few (or a lot) of infractions for pointing out this ridiculous behavior, that's the way it's going to be. I'm not going to go back and delete anything. This happened in real time, this is real life, and sometimes people get frustrated and name call. If I deserve a few lumps from the mods I'm cool with that.
bimmaguy and Jady Jenkins like this.
post #88 of 200 Old 07-07-2017, 03:21 PM

@diy speaker guy
just to tie off a loose end, that shift down in frequency appears to be just a data entry error. i had 201550 in there and it looks like you entered 281550, which would make the throat section much longer.

Listen. It's All Good.
post #89 of 200 Old 07-07-2017, 03:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTD02 View Post
argh! thanks. that was it. obviously if investigating the resonances of the throat chamber, the resonances shouldn't be masked!
That right there is kind of a catch 22. You don't really want to see the resonances of the closed box (the IB rear wave room) but you do want to see the resonances of the manifold. Simulating can be tricky, you have to be SO precise and know EXACTLY what you want the simulator to do for you. And what the limitations of the simulator are. And what it's doing with end correction. Because note that my two sims don't match each other either, even though they appear to be physically exactly the same.
Gorilla Killa likes this.
post #90 of 200 Old 07-07-2017, 03:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTD02 View Post
@diy speaker guy
just to tie off a loose end, that shift down in frequency appears to be just a data entry error. i had 201550 in there and it looks like you entered 281550, which would make the throat section much longer.
LOL, and you have to be really careful to not be a complete idiot and enter the wrong numbers into the box. Guilty as charged. I should have noticed my sim 1 was 80 liters smaller than my sim 2. Thanks for clearing that up, asking David about that would have been embarrassing to say the least.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page