Last night I managed to get one speaker completely finished! The first thing I did was crimp on connectors to the ends of each wire coming out of the PCB - 12 total.
Next, I had to wire up the input wires to the binding posts. This was not too difficult but I did have to use a hammer to get the posts in place (I covered the posts with a cloth so I didn't damage anything). Once I had the posts where I wanted I poked them through the mattress foam and added the washers and nuts and the wire back to the PCB. I used a wrench to tighten the nuts.
After the binding posts were installed, I added polyfil to the inside of each area. Not too dense but not too light - somewhere in the middle - and I tried to make sure that the entire volume was at least filled with the stuff and of course keeping the wires outside of the box so that I could connect everything.
Next, I added the foam strips to the outside of the mids and the wave guide openings. The foam had a sticky back so this was real easy.
Finally, I connected the speaker parts to the wires - they were a little loose so I did have to squeeze the ends of the connectors ever so slightly to make sure I got a snug fit that wouldn't loosen over time. Once a woofer/waveguide or mid was in place I used a 3/16" drill bit and drilled out all of the holes for the screws using the holes as a guide. This sounds scary but isn't. The screws went in easily.
Oh yeah - somewhere in there I installed all of the ports - they just push right into place. No glue or connectors required. The front panel is machined perfectly for a snug fit.
Next up - finished shots of the speaker!