Anyone Deal with Behringer/Inuke Warranty? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes
  • 1 Post By dtsdig
  • 1 Post By KevinG
  • 2 Post By EndersShadow
  • 1 Post By Raylon

post #1 of 13 Old 09-18-2017, 09:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Anyone Deal with Behringer/Inuke Warranty?

I bought an INUKE1000dsp 4 months ago. the thing probably only has 3 hours of easy use and the thing stopped working with a red ring on it. I contacted customer service they immediately said it was a faulty unit/transformer and put me through to the warranty department. They said they'd fix it, I have to pay for shipping it which sucks. It would be 10 days to repair it after they'd get it which sucks even more cause I have a party coming up and I won't have a working sub.

Typically when something is defective, the company usually just sends me a new one with priority shipping. This is the first time I was asked to pay more money to return the product so a company could fix their own defective unit. I'd understand if I did something to break it but this isn't the case.

Anyone else with an Inuke go through this warranty process?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 09-18-2017, 10:24 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 370 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalWhitey View Post
I bought an INUKE1000dsp 4 months ago. the thing probably only has 3 hours of easy use and the thing stopped working with a red ring on it. I contacted customer service they immediately said it was a faulty unit/transformer and put me through to the warranty department. They said they'd fix it, I have to pay for shipping it which sucks. It would be 10 days to repair it after they'd get it which sucks even more cause I have a party coming up and I won't have a working sub.

Typically when something is defective, the company usually just sends me a new one with priority shipping. This is the first time I was asked to pay more money to return the product so a company could fix their own defective unit. I'd understand if I did something to break it but this isn't the case.

I did.

Mine was a 6k. I bought a replacement because I didn't want to be without the amp for very long. I figured having an extra one around was a good idea anyway. In the long run, I ended up using it to power some tactiles. But, none of that matters. What does matter is that they fixed my amp properly, and relatively quickly, so I was pretty happy with the entire process.

Just a heads up. As I recall, the normal warranty is fairly short. You *must* register the product within some short time frame (30 days?) of purchase to get the full (extended?) warranty.
post #3 of 13 Old 09-18-2017, 11:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 1124 Post(s)
Liked: 1386
Paying to return the defective product to the mfr or repair center to fix it under warranty is standard practice with almost all consumer electronics. Shipping a light-weight NU1000 would not be expensive, although I can understand the annoyance.
kaiforce likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 09-18-2017, 06:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1202 Post(s)
Liked: 1059
About 15 months ago, an out of warranty 6KDSP, Noctua fans mod, out developed a strange sequence wrt turning on and then back off -even semi intermittantly -very weird

anyway I call Sweetwater just to find out what might be done and I ended shipping it out .

5 weeks later, it's back,, shipped free, fixed, they found the problem and did a chip R&R . . ..

after 1+ year,

Currently pounds my Submaximus V2 and V3 at full throttle, limiter is about 1400 and the right HPF.

DIY FAN Denon X4400 , ATI A 2000 for 7.4.6 SCATMOS Sammy 82" 4K/HDR
L/R: Fusion 15 V2 , C: 88 Special , SL/SR: 88 Special(V2) , RL/RR: F-3, TF/TR: Volt 6's TM: SLX, FH: F4Q4
SUBMAXIMUS V2, ,Submaximus V3,LOWARHORNCustom Dual Driver VBSS,2 x 6000DSP
post #5 of 13 Old 09-18-2017, 06:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 889 Post(s)
Liked: 713
Quote:

If you google Inuke red ring or Inuke red lights it is a fairly common issue. My Inuke 3000 did it about a week after my 1-year warranty ran out as I didn't register it within 90 days. Lesson learned, register it so you are covered for 3 years

HTPC, Sony 40es, 120" Silver Ticket, 7702mkii, Sunfire Amp 225w, JBL 590, JBL 520

PSA XS30, Seaton Submersive, 2 Um-18 8cf sealed, Outlaw Ultra x 12, Kappa Pro 18LF, BFM Tuba 60 horn, B&C 18TBW100 6cf 41hz, 34hz, 28hz tune

iNuke 3000 & 6000 DSP's, Crowson Motion Actuator
post #6 of 13 Old 09-20-2017, 08:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Thanks for the replies. I sent it out to them yesterday and it's due to arrive to them today. Hopefully it's a quick turnaround so I can have it for next Saturday.
post #7 of 13 Old 03-17-2019, 01:03 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 71
This thread could easily be 100 pages long, if everyone reported that they had to send their unit in for repair. First time for me to learn you have a time limited time to get the three year warranty. Another good tactic to reduce costs. As Augerhandle would say, His is still running great, and has never had to do an RMA. A shame really that a product that has been out for so long, still has so many common problems, almost heading into 2018.

Guessed they pushed the size reduction on that transformer too much.

https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=459.60
A Good amplifier requires a adequate power supply, It does not matter what the amplifier is capable of if the power supply will not provide the power required. Most amplifiers have under rated power supplies. It is up to you to make sure you get the ones that are least under rated if at all.
post #8 of 13 Old 03-19-2019, 04:39 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Wait, warranty? I thought everyone here did the fan mod straight away? Most genius business plan ever- make fans so loud that the first thing customers do is replace them, voids warranty, results in a fraction of warranty claims loss.

I mean clearly not, plenty of counter examples here, just seems like most people who talk about them replace the fan.
post #9 of 13 Old 03-19-2019, 04:47 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtsdig View Post
Paying to return the defective product to the mfr or repair center to fix it under warranty is standard practice with almost all consumer electronics. Shipping a light-weight NU1000 would not be expensive, although I can understand the annoyance.

Which amp manufacturers do, do this btw?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asarose247 View Post
About 15 months ago, an out of warranty 6KDSP, Noctua fans mod, out developed a strange sequence wrt turning on and then back off -even semi intermittantly -very weird

anyway I call Sweetwater just to find out what might be done and I ended shipping it out .

5 weeks later, it's back,, shipped free, fixed, they found the problem and did a chip R&R . . ..

after 1+ year,

Currently pounds my Submaximus V2 and V3 at full throttle, limiter is about 1400 and the right HPF.
So do you know who actually covered that, manufacturer or seller?
post #10 of 13 Old 03-19-2019, 05:18 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 370 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon! View Post
just seems like most people who talk about them replace the fan.
This only matters if your equipment rack happens to be within ear-shot of your seating position. In my case, it's all off in an equipment closet making a bunch of noise that no one can hear...
Leon! likes this.
post #11 of 13 Old 03-19-2019, 09:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1202 Post(s)
Liked: 1059
@Leon!

Who dunnit?

only the Shadow knows.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't Colonel Mustard . . .https://www.avsforum.com/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif

DIY FAN Denon X4400 , ATI A 2000 for 7.4.6 SCATMOS Sammy 82" 4K/HDR
L/R: Fusion 15 V2 , C: 88 Special , SL/SR: 88 Special(V2) , RL/RR: F-3, TF/TR: Volt 6's TM: SLX, FH: F4Q4
SUBMAXIMUS V2, ,Submaximus V3,LOWARHORNCustom Dual Driver VBSS,2 x 6000DSP
post #12 of 13 Old 03-19-2019, 01:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 1185 Post(s)
Liked: 1452
Quote:
Wait, warranty? I thought everyone here did the fan mod straight away? Most genius business plan ever- make fans so loud that the first thing customers do is replace them, voids warranty, results in a fraction of warranty claims loss.

I mean clearly not, plenty of counter examples here, just seems like most people who talk about them replace the fan.
True, however the mod if dont right is reverseable, so a claim is possible as long as you keep the stock original fan ..

Now the OTHER mod's (adding more heatsinks, dynamatting the cover, etc), those are a bit "harder" to undo
asarose247 and Leon! like this.

My Setup | Custom MiniDSP Build | FS: If its For Sale, find it all (here)
Quote: There exists, for everyone, a sentence - a series of words - that has the power to destroy you. Another sentence exists, another series of words, that could heal you. If you're lucky you will get the 2nd, but you can be certain of getting the 1st. - Philip K. Dick
post #13 of 13 Old 03-19-2019, 08:50 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 443 Post(s)
Liked: 583
Quote:

It's super duper easy to put the stock fans back in. I did that to my 3000 that went bad, no issues getting it fixed.
Leon! likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page