• 2 Post By *tl

post #1 of 15 Old 10-08-2017, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter
*tl

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Is my iNuke toast?

I'm using an iNuke 6000DSP to power one 18" sub.

A few days ago, the rings around the gain knobs turned red and I'm getting no sound. (All the DSP electronics seem to be fine though.)

Anybody have ideas on if it's fixable? I've toggled the "reset" button on the back with no change. I also tried plugging it into an empty electrical circuit. Is it just dead?

I purchased it ~15 months ago, but I did a fan mod, which I assume voids the warranty?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 10-08-2017, 06:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 889 Post(s)
Liked: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by *tl View Post
I'm using an iNuke 6000DSP to power one 18" sub.

A few days ago, the rings around the gain knobs turned red and I'm getting no sound. (All the DSP electronics seem to be fine though.)

Anybody have ideas on if it's fixable? I've toggled the "reset" button on the back with no change. I also tried plugging it into an empty electrical circuit. Is it just dead?

I purchased it ~15 months ago, but I did a fan mod, which I assume voids the warranty?
It is a fairly common issue if google Inuke red ring or Inuke red lights it brings up quite a few hits. Here is one from Behringer's site. https://forum.music-group.com/showth...NU6000-problem

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-di...-warranty.html

HTPC, Sony 40es, 120" Silver Ticket, 7702mkii, Sunfire Amp 225w, JBL 590, JBL 520

PSA XS30, Seaton Submersive, 2 Um-18 8cf sealed, Outlaw Ultra x 12, Kappa Pro 18LF, BFM Tuba 60 horn, B&C 18TBW100 6cf 41hz, 34hz, 28hz tune

iNuke 3000 & 6000 DSP's, Crowson Motion Actuator
post #3 of 15 Old 10-08-2017, 07:36 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quoted: 571 Post(s)
Liked: 631
More details of how it's wired, were you pushing the amp hard when it failed, and if both channels have no output sure would be useful in answering your question.

My guess is it's dead from too much heat. The amp is not the best in thermal management even with stock fans.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 10-09-2017, 04:41 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 154
If you bought the amp new and its still under warranty ( provided you registered it online for the 3 yr warranty ) you still might be able to get it fixed. I fried mine and I had also replaced the fan but I was able to make it look like nothing was touched the end result I rcv'd a new amp at no cost from Behringer.
kaiforce likes this.

Denon AVR-4520 LCR BIC PL89ii's w/ 2 SX2400 amps, Volt6 front height w/nu3000, Volt6 rear height w/EP-2000, BIC DV84's w/EPX2800
Infinity1262's in Quad Opposed box w/ nu6000,SI DS4's in 2 sealed Marty Cube w/ IT 8000, 2 SI HST18's in Dual Opposed w/ A14K
post #5 of 15 Old 10-09-2017, 09:32 AM - Thread Starter
*tl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscool View Post
It is a fairly common issue if google Inuke red ring or Inuke red lights it brings up quite a few hits.
Thanks. I had seen those, but was hoping-against-hope that there might be a better answer someone here had come up with than it needs professional repair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreds View Post
More details of how it's wired, were you pushing the amp hard when it failed, and if both channels have no output sure would be useful in answering your question.

My guess is it's dead from too much heat. The amp is not the best in thermal management even with stock fans.
No signal out of either channel, and channel B was unused.
Wiring is pretty conventional, RCA to XLR cable from my AVR to the amp, then speakon from the amp to an 18" Stereo Integrity in a 4 cu.ft. sealed enclosure.
I don't feel like I was pushing it very hard in general, but I'm also not exactly sure when it failed either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cichlid109 View Post
If you bought the amp new and its still under warranty ( provided you registered it online for the 3 yr warranty ) you still might be able to get it fixed. I fried mine and I had also replaced the fan but I was able to make it look like nothing was touched the end result I rcv'd a new amp at no cost from Behringer.
Unfortunately, I didn't realize that you needed to register to get the warranty, which I didn't do.
post #6 of 15 Old 10-09-2017, 10:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Quoted: 3578 Post(s)
Liked: 2767
Quote:
... Unfortunately, I didn't realize that you needed to register to get the warranty, which I didn't do.
Is there a time limit for registering for the warranty? The 3-year warranty would be from the date you purchased so as long as you still have proof of purchase you might want to try registering now along with the date you purchased. If you bought it 1 year ago for example they may still allow you 2 years of warranty. Different manufacturers have different policies for how soon you need to register after purchase.
post #7 of 15 Old 10-09-2017, 11:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Quoted: 1005 Post(s)
Liked: 767
I had one amp go bad and Berhinger do a no hassle repair of the amp. Most likely, a computer board burned out on the damaged amp.
post #8 of 15 Old 10-09-2017, 06:57 PM

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 75
I've lost 2 Inukes .. One Due to the red lights and 2nd due to NO power at all. I did NOT register either of them when I got them. I believe they should be registered within 90 days or something like that. The fact that I haven't pushed them hard or even turned them on when they malfunctioned told me I needed a better quality amplifier.

Many have had great success with the Inuke series, but for me I will not get another. I had a total of 3 of them (1 left) thinking I got Duds. I will not buy Inuke again. My EP4000 is still going strong and is a TANK.

Bottom line, I think It's Toast.. !!! Get yourself a new amplifier and register it ASAP. I'm still an idiot.. lol

If you KRANK it.. They will Listen..
post #9 of 15 Old 10-09-2017, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter
*tl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Green View Post
Is there a time limit for registering for the warranty? The 3-year warranty would be from the date you purchased so as long as you still have proof of purchase you might want to try registering now along with the date you purchased. If you bought it 1 year ago for example they may still allow you 2 years of warranty. Different manufacturers have different policies for how soon you need to register after purchase.
Well, that's kind of genius! I just registered it, and everything went through on the front end of the registration process. Here's hoping that they follow through!
Dave in Green and unretarded like this.
post #10 of 15 Old 10-10-2017, 01:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 460 Post(s)
Liked: 552
Hmmm, I don't think I registered mine... thanks for the reminder to go and do that ASAP! Good luck with the process, I hope it gets taken care of for you.
post #11 of 15 Old 10-10-2017, 02:13 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Well, that's kind of genius! I just registered it, and everything went through on the front end of the registration process. Here's hoping that they follow through!
Hope it works out for you my only suggestion if it does before you send it back make sure you put the stock fan back in or make the new one look stock. I had to use solder and then heat shrink over each wire then a larger piece for both wires. The final thing I did was use a glue gun and made it look like the plug was never taken off. To be honest I was convinced it would not be covered under warranty but I took it back to Sam Ash where I bought it then it was sent to a Behringer repair facility waited a few weeks got a phone call from Sam Ash and was told I would be getting a new one which I did. Hope you have similar results!!

Denon AVR-4520 LCR BIC PL89ii's w/ 2 SX2400 amps, Volt6 front height w/nu3000, Volt6 rear height w/EP-2000, BIC DV84's w/EPX2800
Infinity1262's in Quad Opposed box w/ nu6000,SI DS4's in 2 sealed Marty Cube w/ IT 8000, 2 SI HST18's in Dual Opposed w/ A14K
post #12 of 15 Old 10-17-2017, 01:25 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 730 Post(s)
Liked: 394
Funny I found this thread after dealing with the exact same issues. One has a red ring around the right gain knob and the other won't turn on. Didn't run them hard or anything. Searching the interwebs, it just seems to be a known issue.

One was purchased through VIP Pro Audio and the other Sam Ash. I figured I could take it to Sam Ask since they had a store near me (well, an hour away in Orlando) but I thought it best to call them first. While they were helpful, they said I had to go directly through Behringer. So that means shipping costs on both.

Regarding the warranty, one was purchased almost exactly 1 yr ago and the other 5 months. So while I'm covered under warranty, I thought it was 3 yrs and I didn't know it was only 1 yr if you registered it. Kinda made a stink about it since their website shows "3" in big graphics and only the fine print say otherwise and none of the retailers told me.

I'll let you all know how it goes, but the guy said since I obviously didn't know, he's going to ask his bosses to extend my warranty. I'm waiting to get the shipping info to send it off to them but am only going to do one at a time and send in the one that won't turn on. The other has half power and at least gives my Crowson Transducers some kick.
post #13 of 15 Old 10-18-2017, 11:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 1153 Post(s)
Liked: 1140
3 years if registered within 90 days of purchase.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb
_____________________ http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/auger-handle/ ________________________
post #14 of 15 Old 10-19-2017, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter
*tl

Quote:
To tell you all the end of the story, they didn't follow through. They got back to me and said that my receipt showed it had been purchased out of the 90 days, so you get nothing.

Kind of fortunately, there's a Behringer repair shop here in town. They had to replace the PSU board, which set me back $190, which is half the cost of a new unit, but still kind of sticks in my craw. If I have any other problems with it, I'm going to have to look at another manufacturer.

Thanks everyone for your advice though!
post #15 of 15 Old 10-19-2017, 03:12 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 730 Post(s)
Liked: 394
Quote:
To tell you all the end of the story, they didn't follow through. They got back to me and said that my receipt showed it had been purchased out of the 90 days, so you get nothing.

Kind of fortunately, there's a Behringer repair shop here in town. They had to replace the PSU board, which set me back $190, which is half the cost of a new unit, but still kind of sticks in my craw. If I have any other problems with it, I'm going to have to look at another manufacturer.

Thanks everyone for your advice though!
Sorry to hear that. They got back to me and said they would extend my warranty out to 3 years. Maybe try calling them? Maybe they can reimburse your expenses?

I have to send my amps to a repair shop in Jacksonville. But I'll be up there tomorrow anyway for a HT GTG we're doing. So it saves me $16 in shipping one of the amps. I'll have to ship the other but they pay for return shipping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page