Forum Jump: 
 8Likes

post #1 of 50 Old 10-13-2017, 07:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Klipsch KHorn vs Jubilee.

I recently struck a deal on all the parts to build a pair of Klipschorns, but I have not yet started on the cabinet. Are there any designs that would be able to use the same parts with a different kind of bass bin? I wouldn't mind building the exact KHorn bin, but as I have heard so much goods things about other horn designs I was just wondering. I know the jubilee is a much more simple design but as I live in Belgium importing the drivers and horns would be immensely expensive, primarily the horn and woofers. Would there be other woofers from more generic brands that would work in a jubilee? And would I be able to put the horns from the klipschhorn on the jubilee bin? I know crossovers would be a problem, but is there a way around it? To be clear, just interested in all the possibilities. I'd normally start the cabinets around february so I'm not in a hurry.

Also, does anyone have a good link to the building plans for the Klipsch Jubilee?

PS: I'm using a horn loaded subwoofer that goes down to around 30-35hz, and will be upgrading to a bigger and badder hornloaded sub (othorn or submaximus v3 or the likes) that goes down to 20hz and lower, somewhere in the future. Will be crossing over at 60-80hz or something, so you can take that into consideration. To be concrete: would there be an upgrade between KHorn, jubilee (with a khorn mid and high range drivers/horns) or lascala when using this kind of subwoofers?

Last edited by Droogne; 10-13-2017 at 08:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 Old 10-13-2017, 09:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 669
No, generic woofers will not work in the Jubilee.

Having listened to both the Jubilee and the K-horn on many occasions, I would take the Jubilee every day and twice on Sunday, no contest. As far as plans, there are none that I am aware of, however some enterprising individuals have reverse engineered them based on the patents and measurements off the real deal.

The K-402 horn is what makes the Jubilee. Similar to JBL and others, you can purchase the horn loaded bass cabinet with different horns, 2 way with K510 horn, 2 way with K402, 3 way with K402 + K510. Also, the K402 can be purchased * must be with compression driver * alone.

They are sold through commercial cinema dealers, no home product dealer will be able to order or price them.

The 2 way K402 version is the most desirable for home cinema / listening room. ( actively crossed )
chrapladm and LTD02 like this.

Ask your doctor if DIY is right for you. Side effects of DIY may include anxiety, elevated blood pressure, lightheadedness, rapid heartbeat, skeletal muscle flaccidity, euphoria, psychological dependence, insomnia, confusion, blurred vision, implusivity, uncontrolled or repeated movements.
post #3 of 50 Old 10-13-2017, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael hurd View Post

Having listened to both the Jubilee and the K-horn on many occasions, I would take the Jubilee every day and twice on Sunday, no contest. As far as plans, there are none that I am aware of, however some enterprising individuals have reverse engineered them based on the patents and measurements off the real deal.

The K-402 horn is what makes the Jubilee. Similar to JBL and others, you can purchase the horn loaded bass cabinet with different horns, 2 way with K510 horn, 2 way with K402, 3 way with K402 + K510. Also, the K402 can be purchased * must be with compression driver * alone.

They are sold through commercial cinema dealers, no home product dealer will be able to order or price them.

The 2 way K402 version is the most desirable for home cinema / listening room. ( actively crossed )
The woofers will not be a problem, juts saw that Crites makes woofers that will work. I know the jubes strong suit is the horn, but exporting them will cost me around 300-400 dollar / horn I fear. Would you perhaps know an estimate for those horns including drivers? I wouldn't know where to look for a cinema dealer that would be able to order them for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 50 Old 10-13-2017, 09:56 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I've heard some of the guys that use the Jub clones using the Eminence Kappa 12a in their rigs with good results. Like Michael said, the K-402 is what makes the setup though. A company called American Cinema Equipment sells the KPT-402-MF/HF setup with 2" compression drivers, they might be able to set you up with someone in Europe that can help you get a hold of the same setup to save you on shipping. Maybe not though as i believe they are all drop shipped from Hope, AR at the Klipsch plant. I PM'd you concerning the Jub clone cabs. I would stay with an active crossover. If your not able to get the K-402 horn you make look into getting a Seos 30 from Autotech which will fit a 2" compression driver like a TAD-4002 or something esle that will play down to 500-600hz.

http://horns-diy.pl/en/horns/seos/seos-30/
LTD02 likes this.

HT Setup: SEOS 1099 Elusives ; 1 - Klipsch SW-110 Sub; 2 - Tannoy DC100; Panasonic 65" Plasma; Pioneer Elite SC-63
2 CH. Stereo Setup: Klipsch La Scalas (Trachorn 400 upgrade); Primaluna Prologue Premier Integrated Tube Amp; EE MiniMax DAC+; SB Touch;
Rega P1 w/ RB202 Tonearm; Rega FONO MM Phono
post #5 of 50 Old 10-14-2017, 06:09 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin AuBuchon View Post
I've heard some of the guys that use the Jub clones using the Eminence Kappa 12a in their rigs with good results. Like Michael said, the K-402 is what makes the setup though. A company called American Cinema Equipment sells the KPT-402-MF/HF setup with 2" compression drivers, they might be able to set you up with someone in Europe that can help you get a hold of the same setup to save you on shipping. Maybe not though as i believe they are all drop shipped from Hope, AR at the Klipsch plant. I PM'd you concerning the Jub clone cabs. I would stay with an active crossover. If your not able to get the K-402 horn you make look into getting a Seos 30 from Autotech which will fit a 2" compression driver like a TAD-4002 or something esle that will play down to 500-600hz.

http://horns-diy.pl/en/horns/seos/seos-30/
I have contacted someone who sells the K-402 horns and he says importing them would be extremely expensive. They also cost a lot too to begin with of course.

I also emailed for a price on those seos 30 horns. Would a more reasonably price driver also deliver? Or is this "necessary" if I want to come close to the jubilee? Something like a Beyma CP850Nd.
post #6 of 50 Old 10-14-2017, 07:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droogne View Post
I have contacted someone who sells the K-402 horns and he says importing them would be extremely expensive. They also cost a lot too to begin with of course.

I also emailed for a price on those seos 30 horns. Would a more reasonably price driver also deliver? Or is this "necessary" if I want to come close to the jubilee? Something like a Beyma CP850Nd.
Yes, the K402 is expensive, as are the Jubilee low frequency cabinets. If you are after inexpensive, the Jubilee may not be the best for you.

Ask your doctor if DIY is right for you. Side effects of DIY may include anxiety, elevated blood pressure, lightheadedness, rapid heartbeat, skeletal muscle flaccidity, euphoria, psychological dependence, insomnia, confusion, blurred vision, implusivity, uncontrolled or repeated movements.
post #7 of 50 Old 10-15-2017, 03:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Yes, the K402 is expensive, as are the Jubilee low frequency cabinets. If you are after inexpensive, the Jubilee may not be the best for you.
Expensive is OK, just means I have to save for a bit longer. The bass bins would be reasonably inexpensive as I can make them myself. The woofers (from crites) would be 6-700 which is reasonable too. Problem with the horns is that importing would be almost as expensive as buying them.. the price for the horns I could manage within a reasonable time, but the import is what kills it .. it's an "empty cost", I'm not really paying for anything except getting them to me.. I'm trying to locate a local dealer who could sell them to me but I think I'm out of luck. Are there any building plans for the horn by any chance? Maybe I can have them custom made (in wood or metal).

Greetings
post #8 of 50 Old 10-15-2017, 04:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 425
Quote:

Droogne, I agree with everything Michael has said, he's pretty much nailed it.

I owned Khorns for 6 years and now have owned Jubilee's for over 10 years.....there's no going back.

If you really want to up the game, you really have to get the K402 as that is (in my opinion) the magic sauce of the Jubilee.

You can mate it with a LaScala bass bin, Jubilee bass bin, MWM bass bin or other bass bins....it will mate with quite a variety of different bins.

My thought would be, do what you have to do.... or change gears totally for a different end design. You could perhaps get by with the smaller and less expensive K510 but the King of the sound is the 402. I recall having read once where the designer of both of them said they were designed to sound the same, just have a lower cutoff for the larger horn.

If you are always on-axis with the horn, the 510 might make you happy. If you suffer audio nirvosa and will always be curious about the 'new & improved' then skip the (also expensive) 510 and just get the 402.

You could perhaps mate it with something you already have laying about (which is why I mentioned it mates well with a variety of bass bins)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1jubilee.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	2298624   Click image for larger version

Name:	2jubmwm.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	2298626   Click image for larger version

Name:	2jubscala.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	2298628   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2129 - Copy.JPG
Views:	210
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	2298630   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2162.JPG
Views:	193
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	2298632  

post #9 of 50 Old 10-15-2017, 11:17 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by coytee View Post
Quote:

I owned Khorns for 6 years and now have owned Jubilee's for over 10 years.....there's no going back.

If you really want to up the game, you really have to get the K402 as that is (in my opinion) the magic sauce of the Jubilee.

You can mate it with a LaScala bass bin, Jubilee bass bin, MWM bass bin or other bass bins....it will mate with quite a variety of different bins.

My thought would be, do what you have to do.... or change gears totally for a different end design. You could perhaps get by with the smaller and less expensive K510 but the King of the sound is the 402. I recall having read once where the designer of both of them said they were designed to sound the same, just have a lower cutoff for the larger horn.

If you are always on-axis with the horn, the 510 might make you happy. If you suffer audio nirvosa and will always be curious about the 'new & improved' then skip the (also expensive) 510 and just get the 402.

You could perhaps mate it with something you already have laying about (which is why I mentioned it mates well with a variety of bass bins)
What would you say is the "requirement" for the bass bin?

And yeah I doubt I will settle for less.. Will save for an extra year or so, but the problem of shipping is a though one.. I don't think there are any jubilee owners over here in Europe, so would be cool though !
post #10 of 50 Old 10-16-2017, 02:13 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 566 Post(s)
Liked: 64
I would definitely get the K402 if you want the sound quality of the Jub. I have heard that some folks actually run the K402 as a mid and use the K510 for the highs. Is that true? What is the model of the stock 2" compression driver used the K402and what does it typically cost? What about for the K510?

If it were me I would save up for the K402 and K510 anduse both with their intended compression drivers. Then if you are going to try and save money somewhere, try saving the money on the low frequency section. I have read that some folks who did this used a 12" or 15" Eminence woofer and were quite pleased with the results. Then purchase a good pro amp with dsp and run these active..

If the above is not going to workout for you financially, you could always do a Seos24 with a Radian 951BePB compression driver over a pair of 15" woofers and probably get as good if not better results than that of the clone Jub.
post #11 of 50 Old 10-16-2017, 10:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Would the Klipschorn cabinet be a fit for the K-402? Then I could make my klipschhorns now, enjoy them and when I do have the money to buy the K-402 I'll put them on the bass bins of the KHorn.
post #12 of 50 Old 10-16-2017, 11:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 460 Post(s)
Liked: 552
Quote:
coytee, thanks for posting those pics. I've always been fascinated by these bigger/older/commercial type Klipsch designs, and the mythos that surrounds them. I've never heard a pair, but I respect the opinions of a lot of folks who say they're fantastic. It's always interesting to me to see people either bring in originals or replicate them for home use.
@Droogne - good luck with your build!! I'll throw in my unsolicited advice and say hold out for the ones you really want, even if it takes another year. You'll be happier in the long run. And make sure you post your project here!
Adamg (Ret-Navy) likes this.
post #13 of 50 Old 10-16-2017, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OJ Bartley View Post
coytee, thanks for posting those pics. I've always been fascinated by these bigger/older/commercial type Klipsch designs, and the mythos that surrounds them. I've never heard a pair, but I respect the opinions of a lot of folks who say they're fantastic. It's always interesting to me to see people either bring in originals or replicate them for home use.
@Droogne - good luck with your build!! I'll throw in my unsolicited advice and say hold out for the ones you really want, even if it takes another year. You'll be happier in the long run. And make sure you post your project here!
I have though it all over, and although I'm not sure yet, I doubt that I can pull of the huge footprint and weight of the jubilee bass bins. I'm not yet in a home where I will stay for long. Moving those bins will be a bitch. I'm also not sure if I can guarantee a new house with enough place. I think that building the klipschorn is for the best for now. As we are in Europe, the selling prices for a good pair of KHorns (even a DIY, although it will be built by a carpenter) will be a lot higher than building one. Or I use the bassbins of the khorn to go with the K-402 when I have the money to import it. I could use the top of the KHorns for another DIY rear speaker. Ooooh the possibilities!

Will keep you updated!
OJ Bartley likes this.
post #14 of 50 Old 10-16-2017, 02:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

And yeah I doubt I will settle for less.. Will save for an extra year or so, but the problem of shipping is a though one.. I don't think there are any jubilee owners over here in Europe, so would be cool though !
If I am not mistaken there is a pair in Cologne, Germany.

post #15 of 50 Old 10-16-2017, 05:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Perhaps as a practical matter that's true but, in the literal sense, it is not true.

There are at least two Jubilee owners that I'm aware of. One (if I could find him) would easily allow you to audition them in his "flat". He lives in Slough, England. I don't know where the other lives but he too, is in England.

Then, there is someone who lives (if I recall correctly) in Cologne / Koln Germany and I'm pretty confident he'd allow an audition.

I've met both of these guys in person, Ralph (Slough) I met when I was at his house and Heinz (Germany) I met when he flew to the states to go to a Klipsch function.

Both nice guys.

I ALSO think there is another person in Germany...but not sure.

If you can get yourself to Slough or Cologne... I'd be willing to try to contact them. It's been 6-7 years since I've spoken/visited with them so they might have changed their contact info.

Last edited by coytee; 10-16-2017 at 05:48 PM.
post #16 of 50 Old 10-16-2017, 05:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tip24/96 View Post
I would definitely get the K402 if you want the sound quality of the Jub. I have heard that some folks actually run the K402 as a mid and use the K510 for the highs. Is that true? What is the model of the stock 2" compression driver used the K402and what does it typically cost? What about for the K510?

If it were me I would save up for the K402 and K510 anduse both with their intended compression drivers. Then if you are going to try and save money somewhere, try saving the money on the low frequency section. I have read that some folks who did this used a 12" or 15" Eminence woofer and were quite pleased with the results. Then purchase a good pro amp with dsp and run these active..

If the above is not going to workout for you financially, you could always do a Seos24 with a Radian 951BePB compression driver over a pair of 15" woofers and probably get as good if not better results than that of the clone Jub.
On the 3-way (full cinema) version of the Jubilee, they use the K402 as a midrange horn, mated with a K1133 (2") driver. The K510 sits on top of it and they have recently gone from using the K69 (2") driver on it to what I think they are calling the K691 (slightly nicer sounding driver)

Let me tell you though.... please don't think that the 3-way will be needed in a residential setting... the 3-way is all about high (blistering loud) output. If I recall, you can go to their site and if memory serves me, the Jubilee is rated to a 300/400 seat auditorium, so unless you have a really big room..... the 2-way will be more than enough.

Though I don't know the costs, I DO know they're not "$100" each. I'd guess that the K510 (with attached driver) is "about" $750 and the K402 (with attached driver AND attached stand for it to sit on) is "about" $1,200.

Those prices are for a single unit. Double it for stereo.

If you want to save some money.... you might build a LaScala bass bin and add a horn subwoofer. You can essentially get 90% of the Jubilee sound (without sub) at a lessor cost.
post #17 of 50 Old 10-16-2017, 05:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Would the Klipschorn cabinet be a fit for the K-402? Then I could make my klipschhorns now, enjoy them and when I do have the money to buy the K-402 I'll put them on the bass bins of the KHorn.
I think you'd be REQUIRED to use an active crossover with DSP so you could best blend the two.....remember..... the entire reason to make the Jubilee was to raise the crossover point of the Khorn so it could be taken back to a 2-way speaker.

Personally.... if you're good enough to build a Khorn (or have it done) then why not have a Jubilee bin built?

It's an easier build AND will sound better!

I saw a comment about size/weight...The Jubilee was designed to have the same footprint as the Khorn. I've moved mine upstairs, downstairs, out of house to Florida and out of Florida, back to house...

Just get a hand truck (with strap) and it's just as much effort to move either one.... no biggie.
post #18 of 50 Old 10-16-2017, 05:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

2nd comment about K402 on TOP of a Khorn bin...

Do you recall what Snoopy looks like playing the vulture as he stands on his doghouse?

That's what it reminds me of.... it visually looks too large. You could make it work....but it really looks too large, very out of balance. Might also stick out too much in front
post #19 of 50 Old 10-16-2017, 05:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Kind of like this
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	2299492  
openbaffled likes this.
post #20 of 50 Old 10-16-2017, 10:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I'll leave this here, the 2 way Jubilee. The K-402 is not a small device, and has fantastic pattern control.

post #21 of 50 Old 10-17-2017, 06:36 AM

Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Here is a sketchup model of the Jubilee that a put together a while ago but never built from. A cabinet maker could build from it directly or you can export DXF from Sketchup, with a plugin. It can't be beat for bass efficiency, especially with a tapped horn filling in the octave or two below it, but I decided it was just too big for me. I agree with the other comments about the K-402 but I also suspect you would do as well with the SEOS-30, which may be easier to get in Europe than the K-402. Some people have made Synergies from the K-402 that don't need a bass bin and I presume one could do the same with the SEOS.

One caution about the Jubilee is that the beamwidth narrows as frequency rises due to the split horn path. It has enough headroom to be EQed flat even to 500 Hz. At 400 Hz, XDIR shows it to be -6db at +/-30 degrees off axis and lobes beginning to appear. At 500 Hz its narrower and there is significant lobing, so I wouldn't use it above 400 Hz.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	JR Jub Clone.jpg
Views:	1500
Size:	196.0 KB
ID:	2299618  
Attached Files
File Type: zip JR Jub Clone.zip (96.5 KB, 44 views)
post #22 of 50 Old 10-17-2017, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I think you'd be REQUIRED to use an active crossover with DSP so you could best blend the two.....remember..... the entire reason to make the Jubilee was to raise the crossover point of the Khorn so it could be taken back to a 2-way speaker.

Personally.... if you're good enough to build a Khorn (or have it done) then why not have a Jubilee bin built?

It's an easier build AND will sound better!

I saw a comment about size/weight...The Jubilee was designed to have the same footprint as the Khorn. I've moved mine upstairs, downstairs, out of house to Florida and out of Florida, back to house...

Just get a hand truck (with strap) and it's just as much effort to move either one.... no biggie.
To be clear, I know the Jubilee needs an active crossover. I would be able to blend the K-402 with KHorn bassbin if I use this right? About the seize.. I do think it is a relevant difference (see picture). Height is not the problem, width is though.. Do you know the weight of the bass bin alone? Thanks for the info!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	klipschorn-and-jubilee-2.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	2299644  
post #23 of 50 Old 10-17-2017, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackNC View Post
Here is a sketchup model of the Jubilee that a put together a while ago but never built from. A cabinet maker could build from it directly or you can export DXF from Sketchup, with a plugin. It can't be beat for bass efficiency, especially with a tapped horn filling in the octave or two below it, but I decided it was just too big for me. I agree with the other comments about the K-402 but I also suspect you would do as well with the SEOS-30, which may be easier to get in Europe than the K-402. Some people have made Synergies from the K-402 that don't need a bass bin and I presume one could do the same with the SEOS.

One caution about the Jubilee is that the beamwidth narrows as frequency rises due to the split horn path. It has enough headroom to be EQed flat even to 500 Hz. At 400 Hz, XDIR shows it to be -6db at +/-30 degrees off axis and lobes beginning to appear. At 500 Hz its narrower and there is significant lobing, so I wouldn't use it above 400 Hz.
Lot of people have told me about the SEOS30, and although I'm not inherently against it, I would rather stay with the K-402. Some concerns: I cant find a side to side comparison for both horns, and I would rather not compromise in quality if not necessary. Secondly.. I know it might not be the most import concern, but what about the timbre match? My surround consists out of klipsch heritage 3 way speakers. I dont even know if the jubilee is a match, but would using a seos horn (with a non klipsch driver) be "problematic"? Thanks for the pic! It's one of the best I have seen yet. Is the included file one for Sketchup?
post #24 of 50 Old 10-17-2017, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
2nd comment about K402 on TOP of a Khorn bin...

Do you recall what Snoopy looks like playing the vulture as he stands on his doghouse?

That's what it reminds me of.... it visually looks too large. You could make it work....but it really looks too large, very out of balance. Might also stick out too much in front
Isnt the KHorn bin deeper than the Jubilee bin?
post #25 of 50 Old 10-17-2017, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Lot of people have told me about the SEOS30, and although I'm not inherently against it, I would rather stay with the K-402. Some concerns: I cant find a side to side comparison for both horns, and I would rather not compromise in quality if not necessary. Secondly.. I know it might not be the most import concern, but what about the timbre match? My surround consists out of klipsch heritage 3 way speakers. I dont even know if the jubilee is a match, but would using a seos horn (with a non klipsch driver) be "problematic"? Thanks for the pic! It's one of the best I have seen yet. Is the included file one for Sketchup?
Yes, that is a Sketchup model.

I agree: detailed info on the Seos30 is hard to come by whereas K-402 is well documented on the Klipsch forum. OTOH SEOS-24, from which the SEOS30 is scaled, has well documented good performance. K-402 is bigger and holds pattern quite a bit lower than SEOS24. If you can get it and have space for it, K-402 is the way to go. If you can't get it or need something smaller, SEOS family is a good choice.

I would worry a lot about timbre match between/among L/R/C but not so much with surrounds. You will get timbre match by using the same CD and woofers across the front. CDs that play well up into the high treble are dear. One would not use such expensive CDs in their surrounds unless cost were truly no object.
post #26 of 50 Old 10-17-2017, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackNC View Post
Quote:
Yes, that is a Sketchup model.

I agree: detailed info on the Seos30 is hard to come by whereas K-402 is well documented on the Klipsch forum. OTOH SEOS-24, from which the SEOS30 is scaled, has well documented good performance. K-402 is bigger and holds pattern quite a bit lower than SEOS24. If you can get it and have space for it, K-402 is the way to go. If you can't get it or need something smaller, SEOS family is a good choice.

I would worry a lot about timbre match between/among L/R/C but not so much with surrounds. You will get timbre match by using the same CD and woofers across the front. CDs that play well up into the high treble are dear. One would not use such expensive CDs in their surrounds unless cost were truly no object.
Still waiting on a reply from the SEOS guys for a price. Also, matching the Jub will be pretty hard, but I guess my LaScala is good enough What do you mean by CD?
post #27 of 50 Old 10-17-2017, 03:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Still waiting on a reply from the SEOS guys for a price. Also, matching the Jub will be pretty hard, but I guess my LaScala is good enough What do you mean by CD?
CD = compression driver.

post #28 of 50 Old 10-18-2017, 12:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
CD = compression driver.
Wow hoho, "stupid me" Do you also mean that the timbre will be affected by the CD, not the horn? Or a combination of both? General roblem of the heritage line is that everything is huge haha! And would be even worse if id try to truly match the jubilee. I have seen that DIY K-402 center that didnt use any bass bin, which would be a solution or I could make a custom center. I have seen an interesting LaScala Design that lower the top bin by using 2 bass bins and putting them to the sides, could work with a jub and 2x flanking LaScala bass bins. Not sure how it sounded though.

Last edited by Droogne; 10-18-2017 at 01:57 AM.
post #29 of 50 Old 10-18-2017, 02:31 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 566 Post(s)
Liked: 64
I have never heard of the Seos30 until this thread. Where can the Seos30 be purchased from and how much does it cost? Is it that much bigger than the Seos24? How low will the Seos30 hold pattern down to compared to the Seos24?
post #30 of 50 Old 10-18-2017, 03:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tip24/96 View Post
I have never heard of the Seos30 until this thread. Where can the Seos30 be purchased from and how much does it cost? Is it that much bigger than the Seos24? How low will the Seos30 hold pattern down to compared to the Seos24?
I have contacted them, but they have yet to answer... I saw somewhere they cost around 500 for a pair, but I'm not sure. I also have difficulties finding any good comparisons.. Will let you know if I do!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page