iNuke 6000DSP w/Ultimax 15 nearfield - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By JCJetta

post #1 of 5 Old 12-08-2017, 07:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked: 64
iNuke 6000DSP w/Ultimax 15 nearfield

Hello, I currently have 4 Ultimax 15s sealed running off of a CV-5000. I am playing with the idea of getting 2 more for nearfiled and powering them off of a iNuke 6000DSP. With the DSP version, can I limit the power going to each sub?

When doing nearfield placement, besides level matching all the subs in the room, is there anything else to really know or that is different then the regular setup?

Thanks,
Dan

FAMILY ROOM - Totem Tribe II LCR, JL Audio E-112, Anthem MRX 720, Apple TV, WD HDTV, Panasonic 55" Plasma
BASEMENT THEATRE - Paradigm Studio 100 v5, 690 v5, 10x4 v5, Anthem AVM 60, Outlaw Audio 7700 & 7125, 2x JTR Captivator S2s, X-Box One X, Apple TV 4K, HTPC, JVC NX-5, 106" screen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-08-2017, 08:12 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I asked this question in another post and the general answer I got was that there are some limitations.

Since you have 4 sealed, how would you wire them? Are they at 4ohms right now?

The 6000dsp, i downloaded the software and there's a way to limit the power. However, I don't think there's a way to wire 2 ultimaxes for 4ohms, and since you have 2 pairs, most likely you're stuck with wiring them for 8ohms in pairs.

The 6000dsp can do 1600w at 8ohms so that's not bad though.

Maybe someone more experienced and knowledgeable can give you better advice. I'm going off based on answers from my own post.
post #3 of 5 Old 12-08-2017, 08:17 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked: 688
Consult this thread as a great example of what you are looking for. mtg90’s multiple subwoofers + mains integration How To thread.

There is a limiter you can set up with the software on the iNuke. Tons of features on that amp. But to Scarier's point, I'll think you'll be fine running a sub on each channel, wired series so the amp sees 4 ohm load for each driver.

Also. I want your CV-5000. Really considering one of those in the near future.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 12-08-2017, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Thanks for the info Guys. That's what I was planning on doing. As long as the amp can limit the power, I would do a sub on each channel, 4 ohm load. I think at 4 Ohms, it is like 2,000 watts RMS or something ridiculous. Obviously too much for a single Ultimax 15. Hopefully I can bring it down to like 1,000-1,250 RMS. Right now with my CV-5000 I am putting about 1,250 RMS into each (running at 2 Ohms each channel, a pair each channel) and so far so good. It pounds pretty good.

The CV-5000 is a beast. Heavy as hell though. Had a hard time rack mounting it. Wasn't sure if the screws would hold it in place with just front support, but there are like 8 screws (4 each side) so it seems to be staying put. I did the fan mod as well so now it is quiet. Great Amp.

I was thinking of going all iNuke for the weight and for future upgrades but I figured now that it is placed I am never going to move it. If I did change all iNuke it would be more for cosmetics, so it looked the same, but I can also just spray paint the iNuke black so it matches a bit better.

Thanks,
Dan

FAMILY ROOM - Totem Tribe II LCR, JL Audio E-112, Anthem MRX 720, Apple TV, WD HDTV, Panasonic 55" Plasma
BASEMENT THEATRE - Paradigm Studio 100 v5, 690 v5, 10x4 v5, Anthem AVM 60, Outlaw Audio 7700 & 7125, 2x JTR Captivator S2s, X-Box One X, Apple TV 4K, HTPC, JVC NX-5, 106" screen
post #5 of 5 Old 12-08-2017, 09:53 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04rex View Post
The CV-5000 is a beast. Heavy as hell though. Had a hard time rack mounting it. Wasn't sure if the screws would hold it in place with just front support, but there are like 8 screws (4 each side) so it seems to be staying put. I did the fan mod as well so now it is quiet. Great Amp.

I was thinking of going all iNuke for the weight and for future upgrades but I figured now that it is placed I am never going to move it. If I did change all iNuke it would be more for cosmetics, so it looked the same, but I can also just spray paint the iNuke black so it matches a bit better.
I'd trade you for my 6000DSP... with money on my end of course. Shipping that monster would be tough tho; not sure where you live locally. That being said, I already plan on using my car jack to place the CV-5000 in my rack when that day comes.

Back to nearfield; and there are many others besides me to give you better advice, but you probably will have to time align them with the rest of your setup. I know they can otherwise create havoc with your main system if they aren't playing nice together. However, once the setup is complete the nearfield bass experience is incredibly rewarding. It's also great for aching joints and back pain.
Mike Butny likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page