So I sold off my 1099s(which are being enjoyed by
as I type this I imagine), and wanted to build something really similar but with Atmos built in, so I decided the Fusion 8s would work perfect for this along with 2 Volt 6's I had already.
I did a bunch of math and figured out all the dimensions I needed and got to cutting. I used 1/2" MDF and 1/2" Baltic Birch with 3/4" MDF for baffles(thank you
for making cutting those a cinch). This was really trial and error getting the grills to work out, and one still needs to be redone due to a single thread I accidentally pulled, but I am happy with how they look! Two months of work paid off!
So far the Atmos demos I've listened to sound great and I am really looking forward to breaking them in and tuning them! Should be fun!
First, the finished project!
Now the build!
Getting everything unpacked was a journey in itself!
Crossover assembled and doing a little testing!
Test fitting baffles
Attaching all the binding posts
Getting my board laid out and wiring planned
Tower basic part done, did a little test listening, they sound great!
Test fitting Volt 6s
Test fitting side panels
Construction complete on the towers
Test fitting PE grill kits
More test fitting
Painting the baffles black
Painting the towers
Tower painting done, just need grills!
And from the side!
The finished center!