Time for GIANT boxes - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 69Likes

post #91 of 93 Old 10-28-2018, 09:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 523 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2409 Post(s)
Liked: 4958
Time for GIANT boxes

I Finally made it out by Sean’s house Saturday night and heard his setup wow what a nice sounding room he has. The bass is perfect in there you get the lows and hard hitting punch of bass from all five of his subs. What also impressed me was how clear his system was above reference his mains were crystal clear! The surrounds on the side and back are probably one of the best I’ve heard in a room they had that effect that you couldn’t tell were his surrounds were placed they just brought sound to your ears were the guy was shooting or running around on his his motorcycle in the movie. I could of spent hours down there. Congrats Sean you’ve planned your system out with a lot of thought. Hope to hear again soon.

Fun Halloween party to!
Broke EF likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 93 Old 10-29-2018, 06:50 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 340
Well first off I appreciate that you guys made the last minute decision to make the long haul up by me. It was great seeing you Saturday and finally meeting your wife. We had a blast, and we definitely all need to get together again soon.

I was also pumped to finally show off my room to you! After all your help with my subs, and general advice I was glad you got a chance to hear it. I really have nothing to compare to besides your room, so it was nice to hear your thoughts on it having been in a lot of different rooms. I think that Ready Player One scene is just an exceptional demo scene, and made it sound better than it is I think it sounds really good, but of course I either see, or am looking for ways to improve everything.

The great thing about the party was that a lot of people there had either never heard my room, or haven't heard it in a while. I think only one person there had ever heard it with the 21", so doing demos was a lot of fun. There were a lot of jaws on the floor. More than a few people were like "this is like going to the movies" before I played something, then after they said something to the effect of "this is BETTER than going to the movies". While I do have a couple friends who have some kind of surround setups, none of them are really comparable. They are all in wide open spaces (unfinished basements, living rooms, etc.), so the only person who had a critical ear who's opinion I was looking for was yours. When it was over and you and your wife were equally as blown away as everyone else it made my night I think we need to come up with a small group of us and do a local HT crawl some time.

Sean
cuzed2, corradizo and eng-399 like this.
post #93 of 93 Old 10-29-2018, 02:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broke EF View Post
Well first off I appreciate that you guys made the last minute decision to make the long haul up by me. It was great seeing you Saturday and finally meeting your wife. We had a blast, and we definitely all need to get together again soon.

I was also pumped to finally show off my room to you! After all your help with my subs, and general advice I was glad you got a chance to hear it. I really have nothing to compare to besides your room, so it was nice to hear your thoughts on it having been in a lot of different rooms. I think that Ready Player One scene is just an exceptional demo scene, and made it sound better than it is I think it sounds really good, but of course I either see, or am looking for ways to improve everything.

The great thing about the party was that a lot of people there had either never heard my room, or haven't heard it in a while. I think only one person there had ever heard it with the 21", so doing demos was a lot of fun. There were a lot of jaws on the floor. More than a few people were like "this is like going to the movies" before I played something, then after they said something to the effect of "this is BETTER than going to the movies". While I do have a couple friends who have some kind of surround setups, none of them are really comparable. They are all in wide open spaces (unfinished basements, living rooms, etc.), so the only person who had a critical ear who's opinion I was looking for was yours. When it was over and you and your wife were equally as blown away as everyone else it made my night I think we need to come up with a small group of us and do a local HT crawl some time.

Sean
Sean,

Congrats on getting your room becoming "eng-399 worthy".
Broke EF likes this.

Cuzed2
CuznEddy Cinema
Officially Hanesamatized on 8/1/09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page