Looking for sub circuit board help - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 04-13-2018, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Looking for sub circuit board help

I posted this in the “subwoofer” section and it was recommended that I post it over here....

I have a 12” powered sub from Monoprice that died while my SVS sub was on order, I have the new sub hooked up and decided to set up a 2 channel setup in our living room.

I figured I would try the Monoprice before throwing it in the garbage. I plugged it in and it turned on and played the appropriate amount of bass....I turned up the volume and it went into protection mode.

I should say that I assume it is protection mode, the green light on the back of the sub turns red and I get no volume. Unplug it and plug it back in, 95% of the time the light is red....but at times the sub will work as normal, until the volume is turned up too high, then cuts out.

I tore off the circuit board, thinking I might find a loose connection, nothing.

Looked for a fuse...couldn’t find anything.

Tested the speaker itself, it works fine.

So there is something jiggy with the board. I couldn’t find anything that looked burned on the board.

None of the capacitors appeared to be blown. I tested the diodes, that I could get to, and they all seemed to be working as normal.

Any ideas? Or is there a cheap board I can purchase to replace it?

It is a cheap sub, but for the money, I was very happy with it and would like to put it to use.

Lastly, I am not knowledgable on circuit boards (couldn’t find a schematic)....learned about diodes and capacitors while researching how to fix it...so please explain your answers as if I am a 5 yr old.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page