Originally Posted by Jk7.2
I’ve really been pushing my two 20Q’s for a while now. Still I haven’t seen a clip light, so I know there is more in the tank. Just wondering, has anyone seen their amp clip? Will it indicate clipping without blowing channels? Not sure how much further I can go, lighting up the -4 led consistently and it stays solid a lot. Just nervous. Still getting used to these beasts coming from inukes. And those I could clip easily, and have to turn down the gain. Any thoughts?
I've clipped mine. But not with all channels driven, just with 1 channel driven.
All clones have two clip lights: VPL and CPL.
CPL is orange and VPL is red if I recall.
-10db is 10% power. The other 90% of the power is made on the -4db LED.
Annoying I know... and the clones have very good trees, many amps are FAR worse in that regard. (Like -10db only etc.)
The clones have a big 5th gear, that is completely normal and expected.
the subwoofers or amplifiers survive being clipped is a whole other question...
and there is only ONE
way to find out! (The hard way...) hehe!
If you can't clip it, then we may have to revoke your basshead card... hehe!