Assistance with my Titan 615LX -- Lackluster performance - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 12Likes

post #61 of 66 Old 08-01-2018, 10:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 611 Post(s)
Liked: 461
I've been following this as well so thanks for updating.

Yeah, I've noticed myself that it's different with the speaker near the wall. A 2pi vs 4pi thing I guess (radiating into half-space vs full-space)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 66 Old 08-01-2018, 01:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 1225 Post(s)
Liked: 904
Cancellation of between 100-200hz off the front wall depending on how far away the wall is. Placing the front speakers right up against the wall is your best bet if you can't treat the wall.
post #63 of 66 Old 08-02-2018, 08:23 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckweet View Post
Glad, that 6ohm is OK.. What's interesting is that I re-tested them and got 8-9 on the next-go around.. Then I'd test again and get 6ish.. Very odd, so who knows how accurate this meter is anymore.. It's a Klein MN1000 meter.

This was the resistance difference I was referring to, not the 0.4 ohm difference mentioned in an earlier post.

Regardless, I'm glad you are happier now with the Titans. After all, that is the bottom line.

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 66 Old 08-02-2018, 08:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Here's a quick comparison between the two..

I need to swap places with each other and re-run it, but I'm tired of moving these heavy things..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Titan_Paradigm.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	2436540  
post #65 of 66 Old 08-03-2018, 08:44 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 136 Post(s)
Quoted: 2523 Post(s)
Liked: 2619
Measure one speaker at a time.

Building the room, speakers, and subs.
post #66 of 66 Old 08-04-2018, 12:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 533 Post(s)
Liked: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by trilkb View Post
Yes thats the waveguide, theyve messed with my head a time or two, forget its in stereo mode and I cant tell the center channel is off. That only works in one listening position though lol, fun to mess with though.

Its easier to just flat out accoustic treat with panels, but I dont think that fixes nulls. It may change how sound moves through the room though, and how "harsh" a speaker can sound due to reflections....but ive never heard of it fixing issues with bass.
Ya acoustic panels wont fix nulls. I know from my experience in my space. My room has some nulls in a similar band of frequencies and it took a lot of trial and error with different bass management schemes to get the best results as well as proper toe-in. I tried a few different models of speakers until I learned more and figured out I had nulls in my listening/watching center seat.

So I moved my theater chairs back about 8 inches and it moved them out of the null and made such a huge difference. Just like the dude who was at the THX seminar said; deafening all around the room except roughly the center of the room and thats about where I had my seating; if a bit more towards the back of center a few inches. Im now at a bit behind the 2/3's of the room point.

As has been said small room acoustics are no joke especially with dimensions that are squarish.

Any updates? Something like these will come in handy until youve nailed positioning.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauke...3700/100057209

JBL Pro/JTR/JVC/Denon/Oppo/Monoprice/Elite Screens/Furman/Seatcraft/Acoustimac/AudioQuest/Roku

Last edited by Reddig; 08-04-2018 at 12:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page