Southeast Michigan 2019 diy gtg tour - Page 10 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 763Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #271 of 810 Old 12-31-2018, 01:29 PM
Advanced Member
 
Mahuzz13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 669
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Liked: 507
Southeast Michigan 2019 diy gtg tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly_03 View Post
I might be able to make this but I will be driving from Montreal, Canada. I wanted to know if there is hotels/motels where people are staying or is everybody leaving the same day?

Phil.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk


I am leaving from Toronto between 7-8am Saturday Morning. If you would like to come Friday night and stay and we could leave from my house let me know, send me a PM.

Duane


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jk7.2 likes this.

Last edited by Mahuzz13; 12-31-2018 at 01:53 PM.
Mahuzz13 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #272 of 810 Old 12-31-2018, 02:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
eng-399's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Plainfield IL.
Posts: 5,508
Mentioned: 533 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2420 Post(s)
Liked: 4971
Southeast Michigan 2019 diy gtg tour

Jeremy, Jarrod when you guys get a chance can you list a few hotels for everyone that’s coming in from out of town.
Having a new born baby I don’t think anyone would even ask about crashing at your house so something close like maybe with in 15-30 minute drive would work.

I’m going to drive down with mtg90 but I think I’m going to fly back now instead of driving so I can stay longer.
Jk7.2 likes this.
eng-399 is offline  
post #273 of 810 Old 12-31-2018, 02:31 PM
Senior Member
 
philly_03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: MontReal
Posts: 201
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahuzz13 View Post
I am leaving from Toronto between 7-8am Saturday Morning. If you would like to come Friday night and stay and we could leave from my house let me know, send me a PM.

Duane


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cool thanks!

PM sent.

Phil.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
Jk7.2 likes this.
philly_03 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #274 of 810 Old 12-31-2018, 03:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jk7.2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 2,908
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1416 Post(s)
Liked: 2588
Quote:
Originally Posted by eng-399 View Post
Jeremy, Jarrod when you guys get a chance can you list a few hotels for everyone that’s coming in from out of town.
Having a new born baby I don’t think anyone would even ask about crashing at your house so something close like maybe with in 15-30 minute drive would work.

I’m going to drive down with mtg90 but I think I’m going to fly back now instead of driving so I can stay longer.


This is a hard one. There’s a million hotels around. I’d say if you like a particular hotel chain, do a search, there’s one within 10 min I’m sure.
Jk7.2 is online now  
post #275 of 810 Old 12-31-2018, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
hd0823's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1,973
Mentioned: 121 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 717 Post(s)
Liked: 1313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jk7.2 View Post
This is a hard one. There’s a million hotels around. I’d say if you like a particular hotel chain, do a search, there’s one within 10 min I’m sure.
Grand blanc is a few miles away and has nicer ones than flint I'll get a few on a list soon

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
hd0823 is online now  
post #276 of 810 Old 01-02-2019, 02:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jk7.2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 2,908
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1416 Post(s)
Liked: 2588
My little project is coming along
Stereodude, imrf, mtbdudex and 7 others like this.
Jk7.2 is online now  
post #277 of 810 Old 01-02-2019, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
hd0823's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1,973
Mentioned: 121 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 717 Post(s)
Liked: 1313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jk7.2 View Post
My little project is coming along
Like I said they look perfect. I like how you did these with the raised baffle

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Jk7.2 likes this.
hd0823 is online now  
post #278 of 810 Old 01-02-2019, 02:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jk7.2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 2,908
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1416 Post(s)
Liked: 2588
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd0823 View Post
Like I said they look perfect. I like how you did these with the raised baffle

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk


Thanks. I thought about tinting them a little darker, but with the baffle being black, the contrast will be nice.
Jk7.2 is online now  
post #279 of 810 Old 01-02-2019, 02:48 PM
Senior Member
 
imrf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Shelby Township, MI
Posts: 407
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jk7.2 View Post
My little project is coming along


Those look pretty damn sweet!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jk7.2 likes this.
imrf is offline  
post #280 of 810 Old 01-02-2019, 02:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jk7.2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 2,908
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1416 Post(s)
Liked: 2588
Quote:
Originally Posted by imrf View Post
Those look pretty damn sweet!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Thanks! I can’t wait to show them off.
Jk7.2 is online now  
post #281 of 810 Old 01-02-2019, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
hd0823's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1,973
Mentioned: 121 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 717 Post(s)
Liked: 1313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jk7.2 View Post
Thanks. I thought about tinting them a little darker, but with the baffle being black, the contrast will be nice.
Yeah plus this color really shows off the grain.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Jk7.2 likes this.
hd0823 is online now  
post #282 of 810 Old 01-02-2019, 02:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
zeus33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4,037
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Liked: 1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jk7.2 View Post
My little project is coming along

Nice job!
Jk7.2 likes this.
zeus33 is offline  
post #283 of 810 Old 01-02-2019, 06:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
eng-399's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Plainfield IL.
Posts: 5,508
Mentioned: 533 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2420 Post(s)
Liked: 4971
eng-399 is offline  
post #284 of 810 Old 01-02-2019, 06:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jk7.2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 2,908
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1416 Post(s)
Liked: 2588
Quote:
Originally Posted by eng-399 View Post
The 1299’s look awesome Jarrod good work!


It’s a good thing there are guys like you willing to help people model cabs and design them!
For these speakers to look as good as they sound it takes some serious work.
Thanks Mike for your help.
imrf, eng-399 and Mahuzz13 like this.
Jk7.2 is online now  
post #285 of 810 Old 01-02-2019, 09:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
eng-399's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Plainfield IL.
Posts: 5,508
Mentioned: 533 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2420 Post(s)
Liked: 4971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jk7.2 View Post
It’s a good thing there are guys like you willing to help people model cabs and design them!
For these speakers to look as good as they sound it takes some serious work.
Thanks Mike for your help.


Happy to help out! Can’t wait to hear them now
Jk7.2 likes this.
eng-399 is offline  
post #286 of 810 Old 01-03-2019, 11:55 AM
Advanced Member
 
armstrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: sarnia, ontario, Canuckland
Posts: 732
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by philly_03 View Post
Cool thanks!

PM sent.

Phil.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk


are you guys going through Sarnia, or Windsor... If Sarnia, and there is room, I would take a lift. I haven't been to a Michigan meet since... Art S's double G-90 set up... perhaps a decade ago?


(assuming the invite list is not closed)
sandbagger likes this.
armstrr is offline  
post #287 of 810 Old 01-03-2019, 12:02 PM
Advanced Member
 
Mahuzz13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 669
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Liked: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by armstrr View Post
are you guys going through Sarnia, or Windsor... If Sarnia, and there is room, I would take a lift. I haven't been to a Michigan meet since... Art S's double G-90 set up... perhaps a decade ago?


(assuming the invite list is not closed)


I will be going through Sarnia, I may have 3 in my truck already plus myself but I can fit 4. Not everyone has confirmed as of yet who will be riding with me.

Duane


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mahuzz13 is online now  
post #288 of 810 Old 01-03-2019, 12:20 PM
Advanced Member
 
armstrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: sarnia, ontario, Canuckland
Posts: 732
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahuzz13 View Post
I will be going through Sarnia, I may have 3 in my truck already plus myself but I can fit 4. Not everyone has confirmed as of yet who will be riding with me.

Duane


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I'm on the list! (Thx Jared!)


No worries about a lift though... if you have room, awesome. PM me deets if/when you find out.
armstrr is offline  
post #289 of 810 Old 01-03-2019, 05:22 PM
Senior Member
 
philly_03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: MontReal
Posts: 201
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 79
I have a SUV (7 passengers) but if we are bringing speakers I can take 5.

Phil.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
Jk7.2 likes this.
philly_03 is offline  
post #290 of 810 Old 01-03-2019, 07:53 PM
Advanced Member
 
Craig S King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 676
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by philly_03 View Post
I have a SUV (7 passengers) but if we are bringing speakers I can take 5.

Phil.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk



One of the routes I'm considering taking is up through Buffalo, NY and into Canada, and then shoot across on 403/402. We might be going the same way.
Craig S King is offline  
post #291 of 810 Old 01-04-2019, 09:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
hd0823's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1,973
Mentioned: 121 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 717 Post(s)
Liked: 1313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig S King View Post
One of the routes I'm considering taking is up through Buffalo, NY and into Canada, and then shoot across on 403/402. We might be going the same way.
Guys if your still on the list and cant come or aren't on the list and are coming its because it's not letting me edit the first post so dont worry. Almost done with the last 2 big guys

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Kevin4730 and Craig S King like this.
hd0823 is online now  
post #292 of 810 Old 01-04-2019, 09:34 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Downriver, MI
Posts: 294
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd0823 View Post
Guys if your still on the list and cant come or aren't on the list and are coming its because it's not letting me edit the first post so dont worry. Almost done with the last 2 big guys

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk


Whoa, can’t wait to hear all the upgrades!

TV: Panasonic 60" VT60 Plasma Surround: Yamaha RXA3050 5.1.2 Definitive Technology BP7006 (front), DefTech studio 350's (rear), Def Tech Di6.5r (ceiling) Players: Raspberry Pi running OpenElec/Kodi, Roku, Sony Blu-ray Control: Control4, whole house automation
Kevin4730 is offline  
post #293 of 810 Old 01-04-2019, 09:35 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Downriver, MI
Posts: 294
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Just throwing it out there. Anyone coming with things they want to sell? Easy local sale avoiding shipping while this many people are in one place
femi likes this.

TV: Panasonic 60" VT60 Plasma Surround: Yamaha RXA3050 5.1.2 Definitive Technology BP7006 (front), DefTech studio 350's (rear), Def Tech Di6.5r (ceiling) Players: Raspberry Pi running OpenElec/Kodi, Roku, Sony Blu-ray Control: Control4, whole house automation
Kevin4730 is offline  
post #294 of 810 Old 01-04-2019, 09:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jk7.2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 2,908
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1416 Post(s)
Liked: 2588
Southeast Michigan 2019 diy gtg tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin4730 View Post
Just throwing it out there. Anyone coming with things they want to sell? Easy local sale avoiding shipping while this many people are in one place


I know mike has 2 vbss cabs with drivers for sale....
I may be looking for a new owner for the 1299 towers
femi likes this.
Jk7.2 is online now  
post #295 of 810 Old 01-04-2019, 09:49 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Downriver, MI
Posts: 294
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jk7.2 View Post
I know mike has 2 vbss cabs with drivers for sale....
I may be looking for a new owner for the 1299 towers
Now we're talking! I feel bad, because I've probably met Mike at another G2G, but what's his name on here? Coincidentally I was just looking at the UM18 with flat pack bundle on parts express. Looking to get into DIY, but didn't trust myself with constructing a Marty or anything on my own. The VBSS could be perfect though...the flat pack parts express has is sealed so I'd expect the ported VBSS would put out a little more.

Also, put me on the list for the 1299's for sure, really want to see them in person. Looking for a whole DIY 7.1.4 setup for the basement, so I'll be keeping a closer eye at all the equipment this time around.

TV: Panasonic 60" VT60 Plasma Surround: Yamaha RXA3050 5.1.2 Definitive Technology BP7006 (front), DefTech studio 350's (rear), Def Tech Di6.5r (ceiling) Players: Raspberry Pi running OpenElec/Kodi, Roku, Sony Blu-ray Control: Control4, whole house automation
Kevin4730 is offline  
post #296 of 810 Old 01-04-2019, 09:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jk7.2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 2,908
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1416 Post(s)
Liked: 2588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin4730 View Post
Now we're talking! I feel bad, because I've probably met Mike at another G2G, but what's his name on here? Coincidentally I was just looking at the UM18 with flat pack bundle on parts express. Looking to get into DIY, but didn't trust myself with constructing a Marty or anything on my own. The VBSS could be perfect though...the flat pack parts express has is sealed so I'd expect the ported VBSS would put out a little more.



Also, put me on the list for the 1299's for sure, really want to see them in person. Looking for a whole DIY 7.1.4 setup for the basement, so I'll be keeping a closer eye at all the equipment this time around.

@eng-399


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jk7.2 is online now  
post #297 of 810 Old 01-04-2019, 09:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
eng-399's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Plainfield IL.
Posts: 5,508
Mentioned: 533 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2420 Post(s)
Liked: 4971
That’s me Mike
I have two VBSS for sale there in the classifieds on here with a video if you want to see what they look like. I have someone stopping by Sunday to maybe buy the two HT-15’s I have. I’ll let you know about them.
Jk7.2 likes this.
eng-399 is offline  
post #298 of 810 Old 01-04-2019, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
hd0823's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1,973
Mentioned: 121 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 717 Post(s)
Liked: 1313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin4730 View Post
Whoa, can’t wait to hear all the upgrades!
Jared's coming over Sunday to help get them in place and to EQ everything. Well definitely let everyone know how they sound

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
eng-399 likes this.
hd0823 is online now  
post #299 of 810 Old 01-04-2019, 11:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jk7.2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 2,908
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1416 Post(s)
Liked: 2588
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd0823 View Post
Jared's coming over Sunday to help get them in place and to EQ everything. Well definitely let everyone know how they sound

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk


Man I wish it was tomorrow we were hooking these up.
Jk7.2 is online now  
post #300 of 810 Old 01-04-2019, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
hd0823's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1,973
Mentioned: 121 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 717 Post(s)
Liked: 1313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jk7.2 View Post
Man I wish it was tomorrow we were hooking these up.
I know the anticipation is killing me lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
hd0823 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off