AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   DIY Speakers and Subs (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-diy-speakers-subs/)
-   -   Southeast Michigan 2019 diy gtg tour (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-diy-speakers-subs/3017432-southeast-michigan-2019-diy-gtg-tour.html)

hd0823 10-18-2018 11:32 PM

Southeast Michigan 2019 diy gtg tour
 
So we are in the beginning stages of trying to get a date and a game plan started for a SE MI g2g tour next year.
Me and @Jk7.2 will will be hosting . As of now where shooting for January 26th. This gives me enough time to get all the rest of my sub upgrades done.
I've talked to a few of the out of town guys and they felt like we still should be fine with it being mid winter let me know all your guys opinions. Let me know who's intrested in coming and I'll start to get a list put together.So as of now well start at jk 7.2 house and end at mine. I'll have food and drinks at my place. Here's a few pictures of the 2 theaters.

My equipment list is

Projector: jvc rs 400

4k player : Oppo203

Receiver: marantz 7010

Screen: 165 in 16:9 diy Seymour center stage XD

Amps: marantz 8077 for fronts and surrounds

Sub amps: 2 x 20000fp lab gruppen clones

Subs: will be 4 submaximus v3 horns loaded with b&c 21s and 2 18 sound nlw4000 21s nearfield

Speakers: lcr qsc 2150s
Surrounds: 6 volt 10s
Atmos: 4 volt 10s

ATTENDEE LIST
Hd0823
Jk 7.2
Eng-399
Mahuzz13
Jedi940
Trilkb
Femi
Victorious1
Brian6751
Pnhayden
OJ bartley
Jcjetta
Louisdamani +1
Mtbdudex
Ngiovas
Gworrel
Falonious
Kevin4730
Imrf
Bricyboy
PTAaron
Craig S King
Stereodude
Kyamcg +1
Rlhaudio
Ccssid
Mtg90
philly_03
armstrr
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181019/f8790b545f23377c7649271dbb088a66.jpg[/IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...4a29c61df4.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...463351cee2.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d2a6cbe4d6.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...abecaee3ef.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...621e4cb882.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0c2471508c.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...2808ab402e.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a54820719f.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a02940278b.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...af72dc2b94.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...677030326e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

eng-399 10-18-2018 11:33 PM

I’ll be there count me in! Can’t wait to hear all these awesome rooms!

hd0823 10-18-2018 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eng-399 (Post 56982888)
I’ll be there count me in! Can’t wait to hear all these awesome rooms!

Sounds great man yeah I cant wait to get these sub upgrades done after hearing the b&c 21s at your place I was sold.



ATTENDEE LIST

Hd0823

Jk 7.2

Eng-399

Mahuzz13

Jedi940

Trilkb

Femi

Victorious1

Brian6751

Roboavs

Pnhayden

OJ bartley

Jcjetta

Louisdamani +1

Mtbdudex


Ngiovas

Gworrel

Navy guy

Falonious

Kevin4730

Imrf

Bricyboy

PTAaron

Craig S King

Stereodude

Kyamcg +1

Rlhaudio

Ccssid

Mtg90
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jk7.2 10-19-2018 03:01 AM

Southeast Michigan 2019 diy gtg tour
 
This will be a fun day! Thanks Jeremy for starting the thread. I’ll be stop one as of now on the tour. Probably starting around noon in 48088. The drive is around an hour up to Jeremy’s, so we will head there maybe around 4 or 5? These are all early ideas and I’m sure it will get more figured out as time goes on. We talked about having food up at Jeremy’s once we get up there. I’ll have snacks and drinks. I hope lots of guys want to join in. Let us know if you want to come to SE MI and check out the home theaters. It would be helpful if you only plan to go to one, let us know that too.
My equipment list
Epson 5040ub
125” A/T screen
Denon avr x6300h
Oppo 203
Emotiva xpa-7, a-700
2 fp20,000q
Mini DSP 2x4HD WiFi
Titan 615lx (630lx?)
4 volt 10 surrounds
4 volt 6 atmos
6 hst 18’s
2 ds4’s nearfield
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0c59f85e95.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a7a7e0e30b.jpg

Mahuzz13 10-19-2018 03:17 AM

I’m in

If anyone from Toronto area wants to witness some amazing theatres maybe we could hook up if that’s ok Jeremy and Jared. Be nice to have some company’s for the drive.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jk7.2 10-19-2018 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahuzz13 (Post 56983462)
I’m in

If anyone from Toronto area wants to witness some amazing theatres maybe we could hook up if that’s ok Jeremy and Jared. Be nice to have some company’s for the drive.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Yup. Bring whoever you want. And two of your 2150’s!

Mahuzz13 10-19-2018 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jk7.2 (Post 56983612)
Yup. Bring whoever you want. And two of your 2150’s!



Perfect
You want the 2150s for your rear surrounds [emoji23]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jk7.2 10-19-2018 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahuzz13 (Post 56983728)
Perfect
You want the 2150s for your rear surrounds [emoji23]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Not exactly. Lol
We’ve always wanted to do a shoot out between the titans and the 2150’s.

dtsdig 10-19-2018 05:39 AM

Damn, I would make the drive all the way from NY if it weren't for Jk's mismatched ported sub in the front. I just wouldn't be able to handle it! :D HAHA, just kidding.
Seriously, I wish you guys weren't so far away, I would love to join in.

Jk7.2 10-19-2018 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtsdig (Post 56983788)
Damn, I would make the drive all the way from NY if it weren't for Jk's mismatched ported sub in the front. I just wouldn't be able to handle it! :D HAHA, just kidding.

Seriously, I wish you guys weren't so far away, I would love to join in.



Plans are already in place to fix the dang port. Good call. Lol

Mahuzz13 10-19-2018 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtsdig (Post 56983788)
Damn, I would make the drive all the way from NY if it weren't for Jk's mismatched ported sub in the front. I just wouldn't be able to handle it! :D HAHA, just kidding.

Seriously, I wish you guys weren't so far away, I would love to join in.



Don’t drive fly like the boys from Chicago


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jk7.2 10-19-2018 06:13 AM

Southeast Michigan 2019 diy gtg tour
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eng-399 (Post 56982888)
I’ll be there count me in! Can’t wait to hear all these awesome rooms!



Mike as you know, you were my inspiration for many of the upgrades I’ve made. It will be nice to show you what your inspiration has done for me [emoji6] I’m also hoping some more of the Chicago crew can make it. Rob, Pete, JC, Matt for sure. I’d give them all a mention if I had there screen names memorized.

corradizo 10-19-2018 06:33 AM

I'd like to join, thanks for considering my application. :-)

Mahuzz13 10-19-2018 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corradizo (Post 56983978)
I'd like to join, thanks for considering my application. :-)



I think it will be under review


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jk7.2 10-19-2018 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corradizo (Post 56983978)
I'd like to join, thanks for considering my application. :-)



Glad to hear it!

Mahuzz13 10-19-2018 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corradizo (Post 56983978)
I'd like to join, thanks for considering my application. :-)



Your application I think will be under review and the organizers will get back to you


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OJ Bartley 10-19-2018 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahuzz13 (Post 56983462)
I’m in

If anyone from Toronto area wants to witness some amazing theatres maybe we could hook up if that’s ok Jeremy and Jared. Be nice to have some company’s for the drive.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot for that offer Mahuzz... I'm putting myself securely on the fence for now. Would love to check out some of the equipment in both these rooms before getting deep into mine. I've wanted to hear the Titans since they came out, and it would also be great to see a JVC vs Epson projector comparison. And, who am I kidding, the BASS. As a side note, what chairs do you guys have in your rooms?

Jk7.2 10-19-2018 07:29 AM

South eastern diy theater 2019 tour.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by OJ Bartley (Post 56984214)
Thanks a lot for that offer Mahuzz... I'm putting myself securely on the fence for now. Would love to check out some of the equipment in both these rooms before getting deep into mine. I've wanted to hear the Titans since they came out, and it would also be great to see a JVC vs Epson projector comparison. And, who am I kidding, the BASS. As a side note, what chairs do you guys have in your rooms?



Sounds like you’ve got nothing to lose. Come join us.

Mahuzz13 10-19-2018 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jk7.2 (Post 56983766)
Not exactly. Lol
We’ve always wanted to do a shoot out between the titans and the 2150’s.



I will definitely consider it, it’s just the boarder thing and I don’t have a cap on the truck


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jk7.2 10-19-2018 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahuzz13 (Post 56984272)
I will definitely consider it, it’s just the boarder thing and I don’t have a cap on the truck


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



I understand, but it would be so cool to compare these

EndersShadow 10-19-2018 08:15 AM

Put me down as SUPER tentative. I'd have to drive, and well... you guys are a HAUL from INDY lol...

hd0823 10-19-2018 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OJ Bartley (Post 56984214)
Thanks a lot for that offer Mahuzz... I'm putting myself securely on the fence for now. Would love to check out some of the equipment in both these rooms before getting deep into mine. I've wanted to hear the Titans since they came out, and it would also be great to see a JVC vs Epson projector comparison. And, who am I kidding, the BASS. As a side note, what chairs do you guys have in your rooms?

I have seatcraft meridians from 4 seating

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

BassThatHz 10-19-2018 09:37 AM

Nice equipment list you have going on there...

Pro woofers are great for increasing the impactfulness of movies, car subs only get you so far... they are more aligned at creating the earthquake effects and helicopter blades, rather than the chest-kick of a U571 explosion...
A car-sub with massage your spine, but a pro-sub will peel your scalp back.
:p

hd0823 10-19-2018 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BassThatHz (Post 56984810)
Nice equipment list you have going on there...

Pro woofers are great for increasing the impactfulness of movies, car subs only get you so far... they are more aligned at creating the earthquake effects and helicopter blades, rather than the chest-kick of a U571 explosion...
A car-sub with massage your spine, but a pro-sub will peel your scalp back.
:p

Yeah after hearing eng 399 b&c 21s I was sold . He has 4 and they are just down right ridiculous I had him turn the nearfield off at last g2g and I couldn't believe how much bass was out of just them 4. So after talking to Ltd02 and finding out there a good fit for the submaximus v3 horn I decided to scrap the rear 24 idea and just do my original plan of 4 horns up front plus the additional nearfield 21s should make things fun

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jedi940 10-19-2018 09:48 AM

I'm in. Looking forward to the shorter drive. Chicago was pushing it for a one day turn-a-round.

trilkb 10-19-2018 10:14 AM

put me down, if weather is good ill be there, never know what you'll get in late Jan!

Jk7.2 10-19-2018 10:48 AM

South eastern diy theater 2019 tour.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by trilkb (Post 56985056)
put me down, if weather is good ill be there, never know what you'll get in late Jan!



Cincinnati huh? Pick up @Erich H and bring him.
I think it’s only 4 hours up to my place.

Jk7.2 10-19-2018 11:12 AM

@femi
This is the official thread. Come on up and check it out.

femi 10-19-2018 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jk7.2 (Post 56985368)
@femi
This is the official thread. Come on up and check it out.

Awesome....Count me in! Can’t wait! :D

hd0823 10-19-2018 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by femi (Post 56985418)
Awesome....Count me in! Can’t wait! :D

Didnt end up using the 24 from Mike's but think this will end up being way more extreme

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.