DIY 1099 - 10 ohm switch - 3 horizontal centers - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 56Likes

post #1 of 66 Old 11-29-2018, 07:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 110
DIY 1099 - 10 ohm switch - 3 horizontal centers

I was wondering if any of you guys added a switch for the 10 ohm high pad? I added a little toggle switch in one of the ports, I am hoping it will not be too obvious.

-------

Here are some photos of my progress on the first one, I may laminate the front white or just paint it using the same trim paint I used for the cubby holes. (Only the fronts will show, the rest will be inset in the wall)

I went into this forcing myself not to be anal, but it is hard especially when Erich makes it so easy with the flatpacks and the printed circuit board. I almost feel like it is cheating, especially when my wife asked if made the speaker myself... I proudly exclaimed "YES!" even though I knew I hardly did **** compared to Erich. It took me approximately 5 hours from soldering and testing the crossover to gluing the flatpacks, that is record time for me.

I am not sure if any of what I am showing is trade secret or not, so please let me know if I need to delete any photos.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Bedroom Audio: Two Shallow Under Bed PA310-8 12's energized by an SPA250DSP Plate Amp. Two BST-1s. 75 Watt 7.1 Onkyo AVR with Five Martin Logan MLT-2 LCR & Surrounds.
Living Room Audio: One Behringer NX6000D flexing four PA460-8's in a contemporary VBSS credenza build, 100 Watt 5.1 Sony AVR zapping Three horizontal Elusive 1099s LCRs and Two Martin Logan MLT-2 Surrounds. Two BST-1 Bass Shakers charged by the MLT-2 Sub Amp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 66 Old 11-29-2018, 07:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 1123 Post(s)
Liked: 1386
That's genius! Very creative thinking on where to hide the switch. Will you be employing all 3 horizontals in your setup?
kagtha likes this.
post #3 of 66 Old 11-29-2018, 08:03 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks! That means a lot coming from you, those tux builds are phenomenal. I am not sure I could commit myself to that much perfection.

Yes, my entire 1099 LCR setup will be horizontal for a hidden contemporary look while trying to maintain house value. The wife wants the living room back so I am hurrying through this build. Left and Right will be in the cubby holes covered with white speaker fabric while the center will be above the fireplace covered with black speaker fabric sitting flush with the wall.

Craig S King likes this.

Bedroom Audio: Two Shallow Under Bed PA310-8 12's energized by an SPA250DSP Plate Amp. Two BST-1s. 75 Watt 7.1 Onkyo AVR with Five Martin Logan MLT-2 LCR & Surrounds.
Living Room Audio: One Behringer NX6000D flexing four PA460-8's in a contemporary VBSS credenza build, 100 Watt 5.1 Sony AVR zapping Three horizontal Elusive 1099s LCRs and Two Martin Logan MLT-2 Surrounds. Two BST-1 Bass Shakers charged by the MLT-2 Sub Amp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 66 Old 11-29-2018, 09:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Thanks! Good luck with your build. It should make for a nice clean look. If possible, try to tilt your L and R back slightly and toe them in a bit if possible. Basically, whatever you can do to "aim" the horn would be beneficial.
kagtha likes this.
post #5 of 66 Old 11-29-2018, 10:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quoted: 1523 Post(s)
Liked: 1580
post #6 of 66 Old 11-29-2018, 11:55 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagtha View Post
I was wondering if any of you guys added a switch for the 10 ohm high pad? I added a little toggle switch in one of the ports, I am hoping it will not be too obvious.
Yep, I don't have a picture right off hand with it complete but I do have one of the WIP build pictures for it. What I did was put the switch within the terminal cup, that way it's hidden and fairly short wire runs for it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0396.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	763.5 KB
ID:	2489046   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0395.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	528.6 KB
ID:	2489048  
kagtha likes this.
post #7 of 66 Old 11-29-2018, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

@Hoodcom Eat your heart out Speakon! Those terminal cups are HUGE. I probably would not cuss half as much twisting the terminals on those puppies. Nice choice. I hope you did not wire the LED.

@dtsdig Roger that, the center of the sofa is daddies seat. Slight toe-in, check. Slight verticle-tilt, check. Just testing them showed the power of these horns with a dinky old 75 watt Onkyo. Loud and clear! I can't wait.

post #8 of 66 Old 11-29-2018, 12:52 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Quote:
@Hoodcom Eat your heart out Speakon! Those terminal cups are HUGE. I probably would not cuss half as much twisting the terminals on those puppies. Nice choice. I hope you did not wire the LED.
Haha, well I kind of wish I used Speakon, but I certainly agree 100% on the size of the cups. I used tiny ones for ONE of my Atmos height speakers... and regretted it.

Yeah I didn't wire the LED. Though I think it'd make for a great joke on folks to make them think so.

Actually it was just handy to be able to feel the switch for which position I need it in. Though not that I've needed to since I never touch the switches.
post #9 of 66 Old 11-29-2018, 02:59 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 313
Quote:

-------

Here are some photos of my progress on the first one, I may laminate the front white or just paint it using the same trim paint I used for the cubby holes. (Only the fronts will show, the rest will be inset in the wall)

I went into this forcing myself not to be anal, but it is hard especially when Erich makes it so easy with the flatpacks and the printed circuit board. I almost feel like it is cheating, especially when my wife asked if made the speaker myself... I proudly exclaimed "YES!" even though I knew I hardly did **** compared to Erich. It took me approximately 5 hours from soldering and testing the crossover to gluing the flatpacks, that is record time for me.

I am not sure if any of what I am showing is trade secret or not, so please let me know if I need to delete any photos.

I like the idea of the switch. Will the resistance across the switch adjust the sound?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Movie Library - and still growing!
Family Room: Sony XBR-85x900F + Denon 4520ci + Oppo 203, Speakers: LCR: DIYSG Elusive 1099's, S(R+RS) Polk TC60i, Sub: 2x LTD02 Designed UM18-22 Subs w/Nx6000d
Considering: DIYSG Volt10v2 for FH, CH, and Surrounds
post #10 of 66 Old 11-30-2018, 03:21 AM - Thread Starter

A switch merely allows or disallows a connection. The latest 1099 circuit board comes with an extra 10 ohm resistor that can be activated by using a single jumper wire on the empty terminal block.

At first I could barely discern a difference but after comparing high and low octave dialog I prefer a little less shrill. Maybe it makes the most difference when a soundtrack is not recorded properly and has high-end static?

Has anyone wished they would have added a switch and are too lazy to remove the horn to adjust? Maybe ill just keep it jumped for the L & R 1099 builds.

Last edited by kagtha; 12-11-2018 at 01:15 AM. Reason: remove my [email protected] comment
post #11 of 66 Old 11-30-2018, 03:41 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 313
Quote:
Lordy lordy.

A switch merely allows or disallows a connection. The latest 1099 circuit board comes with an extra 10 ohm resistor that can be activated by using a single jumper wire on the empty terminal block.

At first I could barely notice a difference but after comparing high and low octave dialog I prefer a little less shrill. It makes the most difference when a soundtrack is not recorded properly and has high-end static.

Has anyone wished they would have added a switch and are too lazy to remove the horn to adjust? Maybe ill just keep it jumped for the L & R 1099 builds.

Thank you. Yeah that makes sense. Your right it’s just a jumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Movie Library - and still growing!
Family Room: Sony XBR-85x900F + Denon 4520ci + Oppo 203, Speakers: LCR: DIYSG Elusive 1099's, S(R+RS) Polk TC60i, Sub: 2x LTD02 Designed UM18-22 Subs w/Nx6000d
Considering: DIYSG Volt10v2 for FH, CH, and Surrounds
post #12 of 66 Old 11-30-2018, 07:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 508 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Quote:
Thanks! That means a lot coming from you, those tux builds are phenomenal. I am not sure I could commit myself to that much perfection.

Yes, my entire 1099 LCR setup will be horizontal for a hidden contemporary look while trying to maintain house value. The wife wants the living room back so I am hurrying through this build. Left and Right will be in the cubby holes covered with white speaker fabric while the center will be above the fireplace covered with black speaker fabric sitting flush with the wall.

Hey, great idea with the switch location. Brilliant.

Looking at your room I noticed you have no carpeting, the walls a bare, and a large nice window to the right. Nothing wrong with it aesthetically but the xo mod is not going to tame the 1099s in that room. Imo.

I suggest putting up sound treatments on the wall. You can diy and save a few bucks and get printed coverings that compliment your contemporary look. I think dtsdig has some printed with art if I remember correctly.

Let us know how it turns out.
kagtha likes this.
post #13 of 66 Old 11-30-2018, 01:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxozaxu View Post
I think dtsdig has some printed with art if I remember correctly.
Boxo is correct (and has a good memory!). We had a 4' x 4' original painting turned into a print on an acoustic panel by ATS Acoustics for our old house. In our new house, it's hung on a big 16' wall in a hangout area of the house. ATS did an excellent job every step of the way.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3895.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	2489448  
kagtha likes this.
post #14 of 66 Old 12-03-2018, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxozaxu View Post
Hey, great idea with the switch location. Brilliant.

Looking at your room I noticed you have no carpeting, the walls a bare, and a large nice window to the right. Nothing wrong with it aesthetically but the xo mod is not going to tame the 1099s in that room. Imo.

I suggest putting up sound treatments on the wall. You can diy and save a few bucks and get printed coverings that compliment your contemporary look. I think dtsdig has some printed with art if I remember correctly.

Let us know how it turns out.
To circumvent this very issue, I purchased these amazing telescoping "encapsulating goggles". I must say they are amazing! They cover my eyes & ears! They are super comfortable as they are mostly made from sound absorbent material. I do admit they are a bit on the heavy side though. But they are not bad once I clip the back of them over the TV and get comfortable.

They were only $1,000 (Black Friday Sale) which I was told is cheaper than retrofitting my room.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	headset.png
Views:	103
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	2490970  
Derrell Biffle and 18Hurts like this.

post #15 of 66 Old 12-10-2018, 08:57 AM - Thread Starter

This turned into a lot of work. :/

So I demoed the original CRT foundation toake room for the center 1099.

I am using an aluminum u channel that will sit flush around the perimeter. I will wrap the channel with the Black fabric avlb on Parts Express.(I also purchased the little neo magnets to hold it in place)

I am waiting on some samples from Wilsonart for the front of it.

I was thinking I will frame in the rest once I have the speaker angle down perfect and fill in the cracks with wood filler and paint them but fear that might crack up over time. Does anyone have a better idea on how to fill the empty space around the 1099?

post #16 of 66 Old 12-10-2018, 11:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 669
Quote:
This turned into a lot of work. :/

So I demoed the original CRT foundation toake room for the center 1099.

I am using an aluminum u channel that will sit flush around the perimeter. I will wrap the channel with the Black fabric avlb on Parts Express.(I also purchased the little neo magnets to hold it in place)

I am waiting on some samples from Wilsonart for the front of it.

I was thinking I will frame in the rest once I have the speaker angle down perfect and fill in the cracks with wood filler and paint them but fear that might crack up over time. Does anyone have a better idea on how to fill the empty space around the 1099?

You could use the aluminum frame as a "grille", instead stretching over some acoustically transparent cloth.

Ask your doctor if DIY is right for you. Side effects of DIY may include anxiety, elevated blood pressure, lightheadedness, rapid heartbeat, skeletal muscle flaccidity, euphoria, psychological dependence, insomnia, confusion, blurred vision, implusivity, uncontrolled or repeated movements.
post #17 of 66 Old 12-10-2018, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter

That is an interesting idea!

I did not finish my corners very nicely(see photo) but it would not be too hard to make another one.

Without the frame, the grill edges might not look that great unless they can be bent but I have never done any metal work. ( Would I cut an extra inch and then bend a 1/2 inch edge on each side using a rubber mallet?)

I really don't want any edges showing if I can help it. I purchased the new three times more expensive black speaker cloth from parts express hoping that I do not have to triple up and that it won't fade from uv light over time.

But I would prefer the extra protection now that you mention it. I am just scared it will cost too much or have unattractive edges.

What were you thinking? Inside the edge, outside of it or don't use the u channel?

SpeakerWorks wants a mint for a custom bent one, but if I get one at parts express how would I incorporate it? ( Or maybe find a local metal supplier)

Measurements:
Inside 1/2 inch U Channel: 46x13.75
Perimeter of U Channel: 47x14.75 (actual hole size)

post #18 of 66 Old 12-10-2018, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter

Update:

Center 1099 framed in with listening angle set.

Next step:

Use wood filler to flatten framed in surface.

Is there a trick to finishing off the cut sheetrock edge? ( Preferably without adding more than 1/32 of inch )

post #19 of 66 Old 12-10-2018, 06:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
That is an interesting idea!

I did not finish my corners very nicely(see photo) but it would not be too hard to make another one.

Without the frame, the grill edges might not look that great unless they can be bent but I have never done any metal work. ( Would I cut an extra inch and then bend a 1/2 inch edge on each side using a rubber mallet?)

I really don't want any edges showing if I can help it. I purchased the new three times more expensive black speaker cloth from parts express hoping that I do not have to triple up and that it won't fade from uv light over time.

But I would prefer the extra protection now that you mention it. I am just scared it will cost too much or have unattractive edges.

What were you thinking? Inside the edge, outside of it or don't use the u channel?

SpeakerWorks wants a mint for a custom bent one, but if I get one at parts express how would I incorporate it? ( Or maybe find a local metal supplier)

Measurements:
Inside 1/2 inch U Channel: 46x13.75
Perimeter of U Channel: 47x14.75 (actual hole size)

What you could do is simply apply foam tape to your aluminum channel on the front and outside, then wrap with your speaker cloth. Stretch it evenly, start stapling at the middle of of the frame, and work to the edges, then fold one edge neatly over the other. The foam should take care of any undulations, giving you a good appearance.

Re your corners, typically they are mitered, cut at 45 degrees with a corner brace on the rear with a few rivets or screws in the assembly. A miter saw for wood can cut aluminum with a carbide blade, though I would recommend a full face shield and gloves when doing so. Clamp the channel well if you intend to use a miter saw, I would slide a piece of wood inside that is snug in the channel when cutting. WD-40 sprayed on the aluminum will make it cut easier and a slight mist on the blade would not hurt before cutting.
Boxozaxu, kagtha and LarryF6108 like this.

Ask your doctor if DIY is right for you. Side effects of DIY may include anxiety, elevated blood pressure, lightheadedness, rapid heartbeat, skeletal muscle flaccidity, euphoria, psychological dependence, insomnia, confusion, blurred vision, implusivity, uncontrolled or repeated movements.
post #20 of 66 Old 12-10-2018, 10:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael hurd View Post
What you could do is simply apply foam tape to your aluminum channel on the front and outside, then wrap with your speaker cloth. Stretch it evenly, start stapling at the middle of of the frame, and work to the edges, then fold one edge neatly over the other. The foam should take care of any undulations, giving you a good appearance.

Re your corners, typically they are mitered, cut at 45 degrees with a corner brace on the rear with a few rivets or screws in the assembly. A miter saw for wood can cut aluminum with a carbide blade, though I would recommend a full face shield and gloves when doing so. Clamp the channel well if you intend to use a miter saw, I would slide a piece of wood inside that is snug in the channel when cutting. WD-40 sprayed on the aluminum will make it cut easier and a slight mist on the blade would not hurt before cutting.

Thanks for the foam idea, that sounds like a GREAT idea. Thanks my friend.

I am not exactly sure what you mean about 45ing the corners. Do you mean they are typically strengthened by adding another piece of aluminum like the attached photo?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	aluminum-uchannel-cornerbrace.gif
Views:	29
Size:	5.1 KB
ID:	2494984  

post #21 of 66 Old 12-10-2018, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter

I am such a dip doodle! I definitely overthink your responses sometimes.

If my Frankencut does not work out I will use my miter saw with a carbide blade and possibly some WD-40 to construct a new better looking version.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	MiteredCorner.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	2494986  

post #22 of 66 Old 12-11-2018, 01:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtsdig View Post
Boxo is correct (and has a good memory!). We had a 4' x 4' original painting turned into a print on an acoustic panel by ATS Acoustics for our old house. In our new house, it's hung on a big 16' wall in a hangout area of the house. ATS did an excellent job every step of the way.

Holy moly! That is niiiice.

I had no idea that they would do custom prints. Are they clear? I mean if you give them a 300dpi 4 x 4 foot image, will it retain clarity?

I am not quite sure where I should focus my efforts to minimize bounce yet. I am not even sure I can convince the wife to purchase custom acoustic panels. I am somewhere around $2k over my original wife agreed budget. I might need some lovin one of these nights.

I went ahead and purchased a dB meter as well as a USB mic so I can "TRY" to use REW properly.(Pretty sure $74 is as cheap as they have ever been so I pulled the trigger since everyone here keeps making fun of my idea to use a regular microphone.. lol) It does not look too hard to "read a room" in REW thanks to a thread on this forum. Maybe I will move a 2'x2'x2" panel around to different places to see where it reduces reflection towards my listening point the most. (And still goes with the room's look)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	UMM-6_Microphone.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	2494994  

post #23 of 66 Old 12-11-2018, 02:52 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Start here for panels...

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-de...els-cheap.html

They were worth the effort for sure...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	the rest.jpeg
Views:	84
Size:	196.4 KB
ID:	2494998   Click image for larger version

Name:	spidey.jpeg
Views:	88
Size:	239.2 KB
ID:	2495000   Click image for larger version

Name:	jedi.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	2495002  
unretarded and kagtha like this.

Denon x4300H
Ascend Acoustics CMT 340 L/C/R with HTM 200 Surrounds
Rythmik LVX12
Oppo 203
(2) V.B.S.S w/ NX3000D
post #24 of 66 Old 12-11-2018, 05:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggere View Post
Start here for panels...

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-de...els-cheap.html

They were worth the effort for sure...
Wow. I should have known there was a DIY sound panel thread. Lol.

This forum is squeezing me dry, at least it is fun.

I notice Home Depot does not carry the specific Corning Ware. Where do you purchase the sets of 6 panels?

post #25 of 66 Old 12-11-2018, 05:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Holy moly! That is niiiice.

I had no idea that they would do custom prints. Are they clear? I mean if you give them a 300dpi 4 x 4 foot image, will it retain clarity?
Long story ahead......
In our case, we borrowed the original painting (my wife's ex-husband is an incredible artist, funny enough) and brought it to a local art photographer who specializes in capturing high-res photos of paintings and other original works. From that, we were given a giant file on a CD-ROM and a digital copy.
We sent the file to ATS Acoustics where they analyzed the file and made sure everything looked good. From there, they create a proof for the customer to approve. The original painting has some razor sharp contrasting lines and very vibrant oranges, reds and greens. It took ATS a couple of tries with the proof to get the colors right and then they sent us a sample print on a small square of their acoustic material. Once we gave the go-ahead, they made the full sized print, stretched it on the framework and panel then shipped it.
Unfortunately, the print they sent looked less than stellar in person. I went back to them again, was sent another proof and then sent a new full size print which was much better. Me and the ex-husband spent a couple hours removing the first print from the framework and stretching the new one on (it was great to have an experienced artist around to do this with!).
In the end, our case took some extra effort, time and money but was well worth it. All in, we were at around $400 for this piece between ATS and the local photographer.
kagtha likes this.
post #26 of 66 Old 12-11-2018, 07:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks for the foam idea, that sounds like a GREAT idea. Thanks my friend.

I am not exactly sure what you mean about 45ing the corners. Do you mean they are typically strengthened by adding another piece of aluminum like the attached photo?

Cut the corners at 45 degrees... then use one of these on each corner in the rear. Borrow a rivet gun if you don't have one... 1/8" diameter aluminum pop rivets would be my preference, choose the grip length of the rivet for the combined thickness of the steel 90 and the aluminum thickness.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt...5292/202033975

If riveting the reinforcement is too much like work, you could cheat and use good 3M double sided tape... the stuff used for autobody mouldings and emblems. It will be 'forever' stuck.
kagtha likes this.

post #27 of 66 Old 12-11-2018, 07:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2360 Post(s)
Liked: 1983
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtsdig View Post
Long story ahead......
Me and the ex-husband....
Actually, I think you skipped right over the long story.

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
Welcome to AVS - Get out while you still can!
Don't guess, measure: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/91-au...l#post22789786
post #28 of 66 Old 12-11-2018, 07:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast View Post
Actually, I think you skipped right over the long story.

HAHA, yeah. We do pretty well.
post #29 of 66 Old 12-24-2018, 07:28 AM - Thread Starter

Update on progress.

All crossovers are tested, soldered, mounted, and wired. Wiring actually takes a bit of time.

All boxes have foam spray glued on all inside surfaces. ( I have used just about every 3M spray glue but I think I like the headliner glue the best. Time to stick and nozzle wise.)

All boxes are glued except for one face.

To do:

Finish Living Room wall:
-Install corner bead on center hole.
-Finish interior portion of hole
-Create new aluminium frame based on Michael Hurds suggestions. (1099 Hole will be smaller after flat edges are final)
-Install black speaker grill fabric around aluminum frame
-Install Neodymium magnets on frame and wall
-Paint wall

Finish 1099s:
-Glue on last top
-Prep all surfaces (Sand flat, clean)
-Install Wilsonart Matte Black laminate on every surface but front.
-Install Wilsonart Brighton Walnut laminate on front of all three 1099s.
-Install components. (Can't wait!!!)

Is it bad that I want Christmas to be over so I can get back to work?!

michael hurd likes this.

post #30 of 66 Old 01-11-2019, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter

This is sort of a trivial question but....

The center 1099 will be slightly directed downwards with like an extra 8 inches on both sides covered by the black speaker fabric/frame.

<b>The black frame covers an extra 8 inches on each side of the center horizontal 1099 hole as seen in attached photos. I plan on painting it black and keeping it flat like the wall, or should I not worry about a perfect finish and use foam, carpet or something similar to reduce deflections?</b>

Update:
-Wall is finished and painted.
-New aluminium frame finished, fitted, magnets installed, and painted. (Fire proof speaker cloth is ironed and ready to go)
-Cubby holes painted and shelf for L and R 1099s installed.
-120v zwave dimmable LEDs installed under cubby holes and behind LCD
-All wiring ran for LCR and front wall components.
-All 3 1099 cabinets are filled and sanded ready for laminate. (Garage is too cold )

Last edited by kagtha; 01-11-2019 at 11:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page