Devastator an LTD02 hybrid design - Page 28 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 354Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #811 of 973 Old 10-16-2019, 08:35 PM
Senior Member
 
jujuman200's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 295
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Five View Post
Logistics would be interesting since we are spread out. Maybe see how Black Friday goes?
I guess my main question is would it really be that much cheaper than what we have available here once you include shipping from China? If you are buying 4+ then maybe....



Juju

Wish List: 2- Red Five DEVASTATOR MINI, 2- Red Five DEVASTATOR LFE, 1- BOSS platform.
Anthology http://www.speakerdesignworks.com/Anthology_1.html

jujuman200 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #812 of 973 Old 10-17-2019, 05:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Red Five's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,176
Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 737 Post(s)
Liked: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by jujuman200 View Post
I guess my main question is would it really be that much cheaper than what we have available here once you include shipping from China? If you are buying 4+ then maybe....



Juju
If the sale price on the SAF is the same as earlier this year, the SAF might be cheaper. It has a warranty, it has a 45 day return policy. It also has trusted specs, it would have a lot more going for it.

Stormbreaker | Wisconsin Home Theater Meet Thread | The Devastator Index | Dev Build
You can always turn it down, but you can only turn it up so much (before you run out of power, excursion or structural integrity).
7.1.4 | Yamaha A3070 | Crown XLS 1502 | iNuke 3000 DSP | 2x Aphex 124A | 2x Bic EV15 | 7x Bic FH6 LCR | 2x Bic FH65-B | Epson 5010e | 120" DIY AT Screen
Red Five is online now  
post #813 of 973 Old 10-17-2019, 10:06 AM
Senior Member
 
a77cj7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Sturgis, SD
Posts: 351
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 155
I’d rather pay a little more for the known quality from reputable source. Then again, I’m putting 18ds115-4’s in my mini dev’s, so I might just be stupid.

No exciting build pics from me today. Put in a long night last night and got the second box caught up to the first. External roundovers and a final sanding tonight, and I’ll start the duratex.
I like to let it sit for awhile after painting, duratex stays soft without hot sunny days for curing. I’ll crank my shop heat up to low 70’s.

Chris


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jujuman200 likes this.
a77cj7 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #814 of 973 Old 10-17-2019, 12:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Purenv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: In the land of Oz
Posts: 445
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Devastator an LTD02 hybrid design

Sorry if I haven’t chimed in much... I’m still cutting 8 sheets of Baltic birch plywood for my 2 ICU Devastators and LCR 1099 speakers.
@a77cj7
The pictures with my window idea inspire me to get mine done! They look great!!!! Congrats on your quick build. So jealous of how fast you got them done!

Last edited by Purenv; 10-17-2019 at 01:01 PM.
Purenv is offline  
post #815 of 973 Old 10-17-2019, 01:27 PM
Senior Member
 
a77cj7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Sturgis, SD
Posts: 351
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purenv View Post
Sorry if I haven’t chimed in much... I’m still cutting 8 sheets of Baltic birch plywood for my 2 ICU Devastators and LCR 1099 speakers.
@a77cj7
The pictures with my window idea inspire me to get mine done! They look great!!!! Congrats on your quick build. So jealous of how fast you got them done!


I was originally considering how cool windows would be, but had given up when I was going to use gsg flatpacks. Once I decided to build mini’s, your comments inspired me to give it a shot. I’m really glad I did, its turning out better than I expected. So thanks for that.

Looking at the gsg flatpacks again, it looks simple enough to add a window. Just have to add trim strips around the edge like I did.

The polycarbonate I’m using is awesome to work with. Drills cleanly and easily, cuts super smooth on the table saw. I put a 1/8 roundover on it as well, looks good.

I’ll have finished pics up next Wednesday at the latest. Thats when my fiance gets back from a trip. Not sure I dare move them alone, don’t wanna scuff the duratex.

One other thought at the moment, it might be better to paint the horn chamber gray for contrast. If the black blends too well, I’ll get some white duratex and mix a batch up.

Chris
jujuman200 likes this.
a77cj7 is online now  
post #816 of 973 Old 10-17-2019, 06:18 PM
Senior Member
 
Purenv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: In the land of Oz
Posts: 445
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by a77cj7 View Post
I was originally considering how cool windows would be, but had given up when I was going to use gsg flatpacks. Once I decided to build mini’s, your comments inspired me to give it a shot. I’m really glad I did, its turning out better than I expected. So thanks for that.

Looking at the gsg flatpacks again, it looks simple enough to add a window. Just have to add trim strips around the edge like I did.

The polycarbonate I’m using is awesome to work with. Drills cleanly and easily, cuts super smooth on the table saw. I put a 1/8 roundover on it as well, looks good.

I’ll have finished pics up next Wednesday at the latest. Thats when my fiance gets back from a trip. Not sure I dare move them alone, don’t wanna scuff the duratex.

One other thought at the moment, it might be better to paint the horn chamber gray for contrast. If the black blends too well, I’ll get some white duratex and mix a batch up.

Chris


Haha... “Great minds think alike!” I was thinking the same thing... Painting the horn port gray for contrast.

How are you planning to “seal” the window edges?

What did you use to make your trim strips?
jujuman200 likes this.
Purenv is offline  
post #817 of 973 Old 10-17-2019, 06:32 PM
Senior Member
 
a77cj7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Sturgis, SD
Posts: 351
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purenv View Post
Haha... “Great minds think alike!” I was thinking the same thing... Painting the horn port gray for contrast.

How are you planning to “seal” the window edges?

What did you use to make your trim strips?


I’ll seal the window with PE gasket tape, same stuff I’m using for the hatch.

https://www.parts-express.com/parts-...-roll--260-542

Trim strips are just 3/4 mdf. I cut em at 1.5” since the saw was already set up for it. Shoulda gone 2” though, since the screws I’m using are 2.5”.
1/8” roundover on top and a 3/8” roundover on bottom. Radius on bottom corner, 1.25” IIRC.


Chris


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jujuman200 likes this.
a77cj7 is online now  
post #818 of 973 Old 10-18-2019, 01:36 AM
Senior Member
 
a77cj7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Sturgis, SD
Posts: 351
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Well, had a pretty good setback tonight. Got the boxes finished and ready for paint without incident.
Tried to paint the inside of the first horn. Fought it for 2 hours to learn that it is physically impossible to get a passable paintjob with rollers or brushes on inside corners.

Looks like I’m learning to spray duratex. Yay more tools.

I hope it isn’t too hard to recover from the mess.



Chris


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
a77cj7 is online now  
post #819 of 973 Old 10-18-2019, 06:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Red Five's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,176
Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 737 Post(s)
Liked: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by a77cj7 View Post
Well, had a pretty good setback tonight. Got the boxes finished and ready for paint without incident.
Tried to paint the inside of the first horn. Fought it for 2 hours to learn that it is physically impossible to get a passable paintjob with rollers or brushes on inside corners.

Looks like I’m learning to spray duratex. Yay more tools.

I hope it isn’t too hard to recover from the mess.



Chris


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If buying more tools is wrong I do not want to be right Pioneering clear fronts does have the potential for unforeseen setbacks. I am sure @Purenv appreciates the info since he will be attempting the same thing soon.

Stormbreaker | Wisconsin Home Theater Meet Thread | The Devastator Index | Dev Build
You can always turn it down, but you can only turn it up so much (before you run out of power, excursion or structural integrity).
7.1.4 | Yamaha A3070 | Crown XLS 1502 | iNuke 3000 DSP | 2x Aphex 124A | 2x Bic EV15 | 7x Bic FH6 LCR | 2x Bic FH65-B | Epson 5010e | 120" DIY AT Screen
Red Five is online now  
post #820 of 973 Old 10-18-2019, 11:29 AM
Senior Member
 
Purenv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: In the land of Oz
Posts: 445
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Five View Post
If buying more tools is wrong I do not want to be right Pioneering clear fronts does have the potential for unforeseen setbacks. I am sure @Purenv appreciates the info since he will be attempting the same thing soon.


Exactly!!! I was actually planning on painting certain parts before assembly and for the above reasons why. Thanks @a77cj7 for confirming my concern. You rock man!!!
Purenv is offline  
post #821 of 973 Old 10-18-2019, 12:00 PM
Senior Member
 
a77cj7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Sturgis, SD
Posts: 351
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Well, not the worst finish i’ve ever seen, but still completely unacceptable.



On today’s episode of “I have no idea what the #%&$ I’m doing”:


Chris


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Red Five likes this.
a77cj7 is online now  
post #822 of 973 Old 10-18-2019, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Red Five's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,176
Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 737 Post(s)
Liked: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by a77cj7 View Post
Well, not the worst finish i’ve ever seen, but still completely unacceptable.



On today’s episode of “I have no idea what the #%&$ I’m doing”:


Chris


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@eng-399 usually sprays his Duratex and it comes out awesome. Maybe try it on a test piece of material quick and see what happens.

Stormbreaker | Wisconsin Home Theater Meet Thread | The Devastator Index | Dev Build
You can always turn it down, but you can only turn it up so much (before you run out of power, excursion or structural integrity).
7.1.4 | Yamaha A3070 | Crown XLS 1502 | iNuke 3000 DSP | 2x Aphex 124A | 2x Bic EV15 | 7x Bic FH6 LCR | 2x Bic FH65-B | Epson 5010e | 120" DIY AT Screen
Red Five is online now  
post #823 of 973 Old 10-18-2019, 12:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Purenv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: In the land of Oz
Posts: 445
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by a77cj7 View Post
Well, not the worst finish i’ve ever seen, but still completely unacceptable.



On today’s episode of “I have no idea what the #%&$ I’m doing”:


Chris


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


What about using a rattle can in gray for contrast like you stated earlier...? Is it too late to try?
Purenv is offline  
post #824 of 973 Old 10-18-2019, 12:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
hd0823's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 2,224
Mentioned: 147 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 857 Post(s)
Liked: 1615
I believe @eng-399 waters down the duratex when spraying

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
hd0823 is online now  
post #825 of 973 Old 10-18-2019, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Red Five's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,176
Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 737 Post(s)
Liked: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd0823 View Post
I believe @eng-399 waters down the duratex when spraying

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Do you remember how much he dilutes it?

Stormbreaker | Wisconsin Home Theater Meet Thread | The Devastator Index | Dev Build
You can always turn it down, but you can only turn it up so much (before you run out of power, excursion or structural integrity).
7.1.4 | Yamaha A3070 | Crown XLS 1502 | iNuke 3000 DSP | 2x Aphex 124A | 2x Bic EV15 | 7x Bic FH6 LCR | 2x Bic FH65-B | Epson 5010e | 120" DIY AT Screen
Red Five is online now  
post #826 of 973 Old 10-18-2019, 01:18 PM
Senior Member
 
a77cj7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Sturgis, SD
Posts: 351
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Well, something happened, lol.



Much rougher finish than I get with 1/4 nap roller, but nice consistency and coverage. Wow is it fast. Uses way more duratex though, blew the whole gallon and wasn’t nearly done.



Just ordered a gallon of spray grade, see if it goes on smoother.

I’m sure @eng-399 uses a way nicer spray setup. This is just a harbor freight texture gun. I sprayed the roller grade undiluted, found a thread where that was recommended.

So I guess they won’t be finished this weekend. O well, I tried.

Chris



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
eng-399 and Red Five like this.
a77cj7 is online now  
post #827 of 973 Old 10-18-2019, 01:21 PM
Senior Member
 
Purenv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: In the land of Oz
Posts: 445
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Devastator an LTD02 hybrid design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Five View Post
Do you remember how much he dilutes it?


If it’s the spray grade, several people have stated to dilute it 10%.

I pm’d @Eng 399 about diluting the non-spray grade and to what extent.
If I remember correctly, I thought you could dilute the roll on DuraTex 50% to spray it. But please wait for confirmation... I very well could be wrong about the ability to spray the roll on version.

Edit: I posted this late... oops!
Purenv is offline  
post #828 of 973 Old 10-18-2019, 01:21 PM
Senior Member
 
a77cj7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Sturgis, SD
Posts: 351
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purenv View Post
What about using a rattle can in gray for contrast like you stated earlier...? Is it too late to try?


Finish isn’t nearly good enough for rattle can to cover. If I put way more work into finishing the inside ahead of time, and didn’t try rolling on duratex, may have been an option. You can try it for your build .

Chris
Purenv likes this.
a77cj7 is online now  
post #829 of 973 Old 10-18-2019, 01:24 PM
Senior Member
 
a77cj7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Sturgis, SD
Posts: 351
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purenv View Post
If it’s the spray grade, several people have stated to dilute it 10%.

I pm’d @Eng 399 about diluting the non-spray grade and to what extent.
If I remember correctly, I thought you could dilute the roll on DuraTex 50% to spray it. But please wait for confirmation... I very well could be wrong about the ability to spray the roll on version.

I was spraying 30 seconds after my post of the gun and plastic, lol. Thanks for trying to help though.
I’m not unhappy with my outcome, other than not having enough duratex.

Chris


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
a77cj7 is online now  
post #830 of 973 Old 10-18-2019, 01:29 PM
Senior Member
 
Purenv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: In the land of Oz
Posts: 445
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by a77cj7 View Post
Well, something happened, lol.



Much rougher finish than I get with 1/4 nap roller, but nice consistency and coverage. Wow is it fast. Uses way more duratex though, blew the whole gallon and wasn’t nearly done.



Just ordered a gallon of spray grade, see if it goes on smoother.

I’m sure @eng-399 uses a way nicer spray setup. This is just a harbor freight texture gun. I sprayed the roller grade undiluted, found a thread where that was recommended.

So I guess they won’t be finished this weekend. O well, I tried.

Chris



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I believe you would want to use a HVLP spray gun with something like a 1.8 tip. That way it sprays a more fine mist for a smoother finish.

Search YouTube for life of bliss. He has a video showing how to spray the DuraTex and his end result.

Sorry bro!
Purenv is offline  
post #831 of 973 Old 10-18-2019, 01:38 PM
Senior Member
 
a77cj7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Sturgis, SD
Posts: 351
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purenv View Post
I believe you would want to use a HVLP spray gun with something like a 1.8 tip. That way it sprays a more fine mist for a smoother finish.

Search YouTube for life of bliss. He has a video showing how to spray the DuraTex and his end result.

Sorry bro!

Again, I’m not at all unhappy about the outcome. Its all a learning process. Duratex makes it an expensive one, but this whole hobby is stupid expensive.

If the spray grade proves to go on much smoother, I can sand down the texture and re-coat on exterior surfaces. I’m actually happy with the interior, its completely done and consistent. At least I think so, will take a closer look once its dry.

Chris


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Purenv likes this.
a77cj7 is online now  
post #832 of 973 Old 10-18-2019, 01:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Purenv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: In the land of Oz
Posts: 445
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by a77cj7 View Post
Again, I’m not at all unhappy about the outcome. Its all a learning process. Duratex makes it an expensive one, but this whole hobby is stupid expensive.

If the spray grade proves to go on much smoother, I can sand down the texture and re-coat on exterior surfaces. I’m actually happy with the interior, its completely done and consistent. At least I think so, will take a closer look once its dry.

Chris


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Yeah this hobby is costing me more than I thought it would... I blame everybody on here!

The only thing that matters is if you are happy with your results. I thought it looks good!
jujuman200 likes this.
Purenv is offline  
post #833 of 973 Old 10-18-2019, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Red Five's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,176
Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 737 Post(s)
Liked: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purenv View Post
Yeah this hobby is costing me more than I thought it would... I blame everybody on here!

The only thing that matters is if you are happy with your results. I thought it looks good!

Just remember how much more it would cost for someone else to do all of it for you
Purenv likes this.

Stormbreaker | Wisconsin Home Theater Meet Thread | The Devastator Index | Dev Build
You can always turn it down, but you can only turn it up so much (before you run out of power, excursion or structural integrity).
7.1.4 | Yamaha A3070 | Crown XLS 1502 | iNuke 3000 DSP | 2x Aphex 124A | 2x Bic EV15 | 7x Bic FH6 LCR | 2x Bic FH65-B | Epson 5010e | 120" DIY AT Screen
Red Five is online now  
post #834 of 973 Old 10-18-2019, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Red Five's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,176
Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 737 Post(s)
Liked: 525
I am thinking of copying Jeremy @hd0823 on my minis. Added some trim to the CAD file to see how it looks.


Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mini Dev with trim.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	2629078  
Purenv likes this.

Stormbreaker | Wisconsin Home Theater Meet Thread | The Devastator Index | Dev Build
You can always turn it down, but you can only turn it up so much (before you run out of power, excursion or structural integrity).
7.1.4 | Yamaha A3070 | Crown XLS 1502 | iNuke 3000 DSP | 2x Aphex 124A | 2x Bic EV15 | 7x Bic FH6 LCR | 2x Bic FH65-B | Epson 5010e | 120" DIY AT Screen
Red Five is online now  
post #835 of 973 Old 10-18-2019, 02:21 PM
Senior Member
 
a77cj7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Sturgis, SD
Posts: 351
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Five View Post
I am thinking of copying Jeremy @hd0823 on my minis. Added some trim to the CAD file to see how it looks.

Did you find suitably sized mdf at menards?
Chris




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
a77cj7 is online now  
post #836 of 973 Old 10-18-2019, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Red Five's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,176
Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 737 Post(s)
Liked: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by a77cj7 View Post
Did you find suitably sized mdf at menards?
Chris




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still have not made it out there. Wednesday plans changed on me, tonight might be the night.

Stormbreaker | Wisconsin Home Theater Meet Thread | The Devastator Index | Dev Build
You can always turn it down, but you can only turn it up so much (before you run out of power, excursion or structural integrity).
7.1.4 | Yamaha A3070 | Crown XLS 1502 | iNuke 3000 DSP | 2x Aphex 124A | 2x Bic EV15 | 7x Bic FH6 LCR | 2x Bic FH65-B | Epson 5010e | 120" DIY AT Screen
Red Five is online now  
post #837 of 973 Old 10-18-2019, 02:34 PM
Senior Member
 
jujuman200's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 295
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by a77cj7 View Post
but this whole hobby is stupid expensive.
This is not so bad..... try rebuilding CARS as a hobby...... now THAT gets crazy quickly. Blink and you just dropped $30K into your baby..... SMH Twin turbos are $5k-$6K easy.....


Juju

Wish List: 2- Red Five DEVASTATOR MINI, 2- Red Five DEVASTATOR LFE, 1- BOSS platform.
Anthology http://www.speakerdesignworks.com/Anthology_1.html


Last edited by jujuman200; 10-18-2019 at 02:41 PM.
jujuman200 is online now  
post #838 of 973 Old 10-18-2019, 02:38 PM
Senior Member
 
jujuman200's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 295
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purenv View Post
Yeah this hobby is costing me more than I thought it would... I blame everybody on here!

Don't blame EVERYONE..... just LTD02 and RED FIVE..... They are the culprits designing awesome subs and s^%t.....


Juju
kagtha likes this.

Wish List: 2- Red Five DEVASTATOR MINI, 2- Red Five DEVASTATOR LFE, 1- BOSS platform.
Anthology http://www.speakerdesignworks.com/Anthology_1.html

jujuman200 is online now  
post #839 of 973 Old 10-18-2019, 02:39 PM
Senior Member
 
jujuman200's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 295
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Five View Post
I am thinking of copying Jeremy @hd0823 on my minis.
ABSOLUTELY doing this to mine.....


Juju
Red Five likes this.

Wish List: 2- Red Five DEVASTATOR MINI, 2- Red Five DEVASTATOR LFE, 1- BOSS platform.
Anthology http://www.speakerdesignworks.com/Anthology_1.html

jujuman200 is online now  
post #840 of 973 Old 10-18-2019, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Red Five's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,176
Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 737 Post(s)
Liked: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by jujuman200 View Post
ABSOLUTELY doing this to mine.....


Juju

That is using 1"x3"s, I think it gives it a nice looks
jujuman200 likes this.

Stormbreaker | Wisconsin Home Theater Meet Thread | The Devastator Index | Dev Build
You can always turn it down, but you can only turn it up so much (before you run out of power, excursion or structural integrity).
7.1.4 | Yamaha A3070 | Crown XLS 1502 | iNuke 3000 DSP | 2x Aphex 124A | 2x Bic EV15 | 7x Bic FH6 LCR | 2x Bic FH65-B | Epson 5010e | 120" DIY AT Screen
Red Five is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off