46Likes

post #1 of 34 Old 12-16-2018, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 797 Post(s)
Liked: 2160
Sealed HS-24 Build

I wanted to share with everyone the build I finished this weekend. I've been building it the last couple of months. I knew it was going to take a bit for the driver to come in so I took my time and was working mainly on the weekends. The way I finished it also took a couple weeks to do thanks to giving it ample time to dry on each coat.

On Thursday my HS-24 mk III driver was delivered so I was able to finally finish it off. First off it's huge. I knew it was big but until you actually see and try to lift one... My dog in the picture is an 85 pound lab and she looks tiny. Help should be had when moving it. I made the mistake of being over eager and did it by myself which I'm paying for now with a tweaked back.

I did figure out one trick though for getting it and out of the box for drilling the mount holes. The FAQ thread gives the tip of putting zip ties through two of the holes to lift. That wasn't going to work with the weight of it. A zip tie was going to cut a finger off. But I was able to modify off of it. I put two ties through two opposite holes to get a little more strength. Then through each set I put a heavy duty micro-fiber tower that I could grip. It ended up giving me a handle on each side that control lowering it into the box and then picking it back out.

For the cabinet I made it out of 3/4" baltic birch plywood. The hardwood store I shop at was having a big sale so I went with it instead of using MDF. I then add a top and trim to it made from curly maple. I've like the look of figured wood for subs since I first saw pictures of a couple subs from Funk.

I'm not going to bore too much with construction pictures. Since it's sealed it's a rectangular box with fairly standard windowed bracing inside. I can follow up with some pictures of that if anyone wants to see it.

Due to the size of it and that it's going to be in a spot that can be seen I wanted to give it a nice finish. For the body, after a thorough sanding I gave it a heavy dose of a black cherry stain. It was then topped with three coats of satin arm-r-seal urethane.

For the trim and top I wanted to make the curls in the curly maple really pop. So I died it black and then sanded off the dye. This leaves some color in the curls but brings the rest back to natural. I did 4 coats like this to get the curls nice and dark. For the final coat I didn't fully sand it down. I sanded it just enough to give the wood a smokey gray color. I didn't take pictures during these steps and I'm really kicking myself now. I wish I had it documented for the future.

Once the last coat of black was done I added a light layer of purple dye over it. Some extra purple, black, and alcohol (removes dye) was finally used in spots to even out the color and look. This picture is right after the purple was added and it was drying.

All of the curly maple was then finished with 4 coats of a tung oil finish and then a wood wax. I'm really happy with the way the finish turned out on it.

So far the sound is great. I did a basic setup of it last night and ran Audyssey on it. All the demo scenes I played sounded great. The server scene from pulse felt like it was barely stressing it. A couple of the things in my room got stressed out though. I then watched RP1 and everything was amazing in it. The big explosion near the end was amazing.

I dialed everything in a bit more today and I'm going to go watch a movie now before bed. I can't wait to hear it some more.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-12-07 at 7.30.34 PM.png
Views:	4
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	2650864   Click image for larger version

Name:	24%22.png
Views:	3
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	2651332  
Attached Files
File Type: zip 24inchSketchup.zip (184.5 KB, 15 views)
bubbrik, Randy_J, Nalleh and 11 others like this.

Last edited by DesertDog; Today at 05:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 Old 12-16-2018, 11:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Man,

I really like this simple yet monstrous sub build. The purple dye job looks great. What amplifier are you using it with?
DesertDog likes this.
post #3 of 34 Old 12-17-2018, 08:17 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Hey nice job on the finish. I do love curly maple. My dad use to build flintlock rifles out of that and it was beautiful. What did you end up with for a rough inteneral volume? And did you line the walls or fill with polyfill at all? And last what did you use for a amp? I am getting ready to buy one for mine and i am planning to get a fp20000q just not sure if it is overkill.
DesertDog likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 Old 12-17-2018, 08:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_J View Post
And last what did you use for a amp? I am getting ready to buy one for mine and i am planning to get a fp20000q just not sure if it is overkill.
You are in the wrong forum for overkill. Always get more than you need at every level. Headroom is king!

The clone amps are CHEAP and capable.
bebb likes this.

post #5 of 34 Old 12-17-2018, 08:42 AM

Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmst3 View Post
You are in the wrong forum for overkill. Always get more than you need at every level. Headroom is king!

The clone amps are CHEAP and capable.

LOL I know you are right. I am just not sure what i am going to do with the other 2 channels yet. If I get the chance i think I might run the whole set pu on clone power. It is a lot cheaper and it would be nice to not have to worry about running out of power. I have issues with overkill and my wife tries to keep me under control. I like making pizza a d wound up with a woodfired brick pizza oven 6k$ later. So i know what overkill is and the reason for it. I wouldn't have ended up with a pair of Hs-24 subs if i wasn't in to overkill.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2015-08-18 08.44.06.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	2497896  
bebb, GatoGoat, OJ Bartley and 4 others like this.
post #6 of 34 Old 12-17-2018, 08:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 316
Quote:
LOL I know you are right. I am just not sure what i am going to do with the other 2 channels yet. If I get the chance i think I might run the whole set pu on clone power. It is a lot cheaper and it would be nice to not have to worry about running out of power. I have issues with overkill and my wife tries to keep me under control. I like making pizza a d wound up with a woodfired brick pizza oven 6k$ later. So i know what overkill is and the reason for it. I wouldn't have ended up with a pair of Hs-24 subs if i wasn't in to overkill.
Nice! You are in the right place then!

The answer is obvious, add another sub!! OR go with the 14K and bridge it.

One sub is a lonely life.
bebb likes this.

post #7 of 34 Old 12-17-2018, 09:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 137 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1443 Post(s)
Liked: 3641
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
I wanted to share with everyone the build I finished this weekend.

All of the curly maple was then finished with 4 coats of a tung oil finish and then a wood wax. I'm really happy with the way the finish turned out on it.

Wow, looks brilliant!

Curly Maple was a favorite of mine to finish when I was in woodworking, and with your choice of dye, it almost looks like a highly figured piece of Purpleheart. That’s certainly a one of a kind subwoofer. Bravo!
DesertDog likes this.

Speakers: PSA MTM-210T x2, MTM-210C, MT-110SR x2; Atmos-SVS Satellite x2, DIY Volt-10 x2
Subs: PSA V1801 x2, DIY: 18" RSS460HO, 15" RSS390HO x2, BOSS w/JBL CX1200 x6
MA’s: Crowson Tech x2
Processing: Denon X4200, NU6KDSP, 3KDSP
Video: Epson 3700; Screen: Silver Ticket 106" High Contrast
post #8 of 34 Old 12-17-2018, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hey nice job on the finish. I do love curly maple. My dad use to build flintlock rifles out of that and it was beautiful. What did you end up with for a rough inteneral volume? And did you line the walls or fill with polyfill at all? And last what did you use for a amp? I am getting ready to buy one for mine and i am planning to get a fp20000q just not sure if it is overkill.
Thanks! It ended up about 9.4 CF not counting the fill. Right in the range Nick was recommending. I stuffed the side cavities, behind the bracing with poly and left area around the driver empty.

For the amp I'm using a Crown 2502. Nick had recommended it as the budget friendly option or a speaker power amp if budget didn't matter. So far it seems up to the task. Pulse's server room played with no problem at -2 on my AVR. Last night I watched Edge of Tomorrow and the bass hit at the start of it was AMAZING. I had to rewatch the scene just so I could watch the speaker do it's thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekosche View Post
Wow, looks brilliant!

Curly Maple was a favorite of mine to finish when I was in woodworking, and with your choice of dye, it almost looks like a highly figured piece of Purpleheart. That’s certainly a one of a kind subwoofer. Bravo!
Thanks! It's funny you mention Purpleheart. I almost did it in. My wood store had it on sale for slightly less then the curly maple when I was buying the wood. I wanted to get the figure though for this project so I stuck with the curly maple.
post #9 of 34 Old 12-17-2018, 04:10 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 239 Post(s)
Quoted: 3832 Post(s)
Liked: 4333
The best thing about the 24's is their ability to absorb power without bottoming or melting.
Levels that would damage even a 21 and totally toast an 18.

That difference can be the difference between life and death when booming hard.
post #10 of 34 Old 12-18-2018, 07:18 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
As others have said, wow, looks like purpleheart! Nice.

I know Overkill is the second Motorhead album. Other than that, is there any other form of it?
DesertDog likes this.

If bad sound were Faital, good sound would be almost impossible
Killed two Mach5 21s and three UM-18s (and counting?)
post #11 of 34 Old 12-23-2018, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Watching a large sub move is mesmerizing. The opening of Edge of Tomorrow gets it moving nicely.

And in slow motion.
GatoGoat, Chris Young and SBuger like this.
post #12 of 34 Old 12-23-2018, 06:14 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Watching a large sub move is mesmerizing. The opening of Edge of Tomorrow gets it moving nicely.

That's crazy that you mentioned that movie.. I just watched it last night with my newly finished subs, and it totally caught me by surprise. I never had a clue (with my old subs) the depth and level of bass in the opening sequence. Had to back it up and replay it 3 times before my ears would believe it!

Racked: Marantz AV-7005, Oppo BDP-105d, Custom-built HTPC, Custom-built enterprise media server (21TB, expandable), Soundstream DA-2 (x2), Cinepro 3k6SE3 Gold (x2)
Making noise: Fosgate Audionics MC-220 LCRs, SD-180 Dipoles, Twin MartyCubes w/SI HT-18's.
post #13 of 34 Old 12-23-2018, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianC69 View Post
That's crazy that you mentioned that movie.. I just watched it last night with my newly finished subs, and it totally caught me by surprise. I never had a clue (with my old subs) the depth and level of bass in the opening sequence. Had to back it up and replay it 3 times before my ears would believe it!
Same here! I knew the movie had bass but I didn't know it had that right at the start. I had to watch it multiple times that first night too. Then I come home from work the next day and had to film just to see it again.
post #14 of 34 Old 11-09-2019, 11:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Some updates with new projects that I've been doing.

First I hadn't posted it but at the start of summer I built a equipment rack to match the 24" sub.

Currently I'm working on building a couple VNF boxes that each with have 2 of the 15" DIY soundgroup's group buy driver and 2 SLAPs down firing. Originally I was going to use 8 of the 12" JBLs for it but switched due to size constraints. The boxes for the JBLs were going to be a little wider than the couch. With the 15's I'm going to be able to have them spaced so that one is firing into each of the seating spots and the total size is a couple inches narrow than my couch. I'm going to top the boxes with a curly maple table top that matches the sub and rack. Everything should blend nicely together.

I'm also going to be expanding my BOSS to extend 19" behind my couch. The VNF box are then going to be on it to give extra TR similar to @Nalleh 's setup. I'll also be adding another 4 JBLs to my BOSS while I'm at it. The combo of everything should give me a nice upgrade.

For the new boxes I made them out of 13 ply void free baltic birch. It's a bit more expensive than MDF but I like working with it and finishing it a lot more. The base frame was done with dados and glued. The two side were set in a few inches and the connectors are going in the side wall. There's then an end cap that's going to be attached that will hide them.

The front and back attached with glue and pocket hole screws.

The boxes last weekend stained, finished, and with the drivers and SLAPs installed. That's when I realized I messed up. The SLAPs have a mounting depth of 2.25" an xmax of 4". I didn't have enough clearance to the driver's basket. To fix it I added a couple more bezels.

I glued up the two new pieces and had to sand down the finish and stain on that side of the box. Wood glue needs wood fibers. It doesn't hold well with a urethane finish.

Finally glueing the new bezels onto the box. Luckily I have a couple camps I set it in an inch from the sides and there's going to be a strip of curly maple added to match the top and to hide the plywood edge. I'll be milling and attaching them tomorrow.

I'm also going to start building the stand for the boxes and two matching speaker stands for my rear surrounds. I have the wood cut for them and just have to assemble all of them. Then lots of sanding.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3796.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	2638850   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3874.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	2638852   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3875.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	2638854   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3879.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	2638856   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3880.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	2638858  

Name:	IMG_3881.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	2638870  
SBuger and Nalleh like this.

BEQ Slack group
The struggle is real for Generation Xplain Digital to the Analog and Analog to the Digital.
Klipsch RF-7III, RC-64III
SI HS-24mkIII BOSS-Sac
Sony 85X900F, Denon 8500, nVidia Shield, Apple TV
post #15 of 34 Old 11-10-2019, 10:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 393 Post(s)
Liked: 285
Awesome, looking forward to Moar!
DesertDog likes this.
post #16 of 34 Old 11-10-2019, 02:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 346 Post(s)
Quoted: 2709 Post(s)
Liked: 3703
Looks awsome , can’t wait to hear how your impressions
DesertDog likes this.

Dual Atmos Receivers - Atmos 13.1.8/DTS X 9.1.8/Auro 3D 13.1 - Denon AVCX8500H+AVRX7200WA - Klipsch+KEF - 6xSI18" - 12xJBL 12" w/6xSLAPS M12 downfiring VNF - 3x2 stacked Crowson MA - 4xBK-LFE - 6xNU6K(fan&trig mod) - Minidsp 10x10HD - Oppo UDP203 - XBox OneX - Apple TV4K - JVC RS600 Dreamscreen V2 120"- Philips 65OLED873.
Nalleh’s HT
post #17 of 34 Old 11-15-2019, 10:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Made a ton of progress last weekend and a little this week. The new bezels for the boxes were finished up and stained with the curly maple border to hid the edge was added. The stand that the boxes are going to sit on was made (hard to see in the picture, the table top is laying on it). The table top for the boxes and the speaker stands I'm making for the side surrounds were cut and glued up.

I started the dye on the top and the stands today. They're drying with the first coat now. This is the slowest part of it for me due to the dye technique I'm doing to get the purple with black curls like my sub. I dye the wood black 3 times with sanding most of the black off after each round. Doing so gets the curls black but keeps the rest of the wood light for the purple dye that's done last. Unfortunately it takes me about a day for each round due to dry time and my neighbors not liking to hear sanders running at night.

I should have all the dying done this weekend and the assembly of the stands. The top and bottom aren't attached yet. The glue up for how I'm going to connect them is drying right now. Then next week will be spent finishing everything since once again it's about one coat per day due to dry time of the tung oil that I'm using on the maple.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3883.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	998.1 KB
ID:	2641922  
SBuger, OJ Bartley and Nalleh like this.

BEQ Slack group
The struggle is real for Generation Xplain Digital to the Analog and Analog to the Digital.
SI HS-24mkIII BOSS-Sac

Last edited by DesertDog; 11-16-2019 at 01:46 PM.
post #18 of 34 Old 11-16-2019, 12:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

^^ pic don’t show for me ?

Dual Atmos Receivers - Atmos 13.1.8/DTS X 9.1.8/Auro 3D 13.1 - Denon AVCX8500H+AVRX7200WA - Klipsch+KEF - 6xSI18" - 12xJBL 12" w/6xSLAPS M12 downfiring VNF - 3x2 stacked Crowson MA - 4xBK-LFE - 6xNU6K(fan&trig mod) - Minidsp 10x10HD - Oppo UDP203 - XBox OneX - Apple TV4K - JVC RS600 Dreamscreen V2 120"- Philips 65OLED873.
Nalleh’s HT
post #19 of 34 Old 11-16-2019, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalleh View Post
^^ pic don’t show for me ?
I re-added it. It was showing up for me inline but the post wasn't showing an attachment. It was weird.

BEQ Slack group
SI HS-24mkIII BOSS-Sac
post #20 of 34 Old 11-16-2019, 01:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Works now, looking great

Nalleh’s HT
post #21 of 34 Old 11-26-2019, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

New progress update.

I finished up the stands for the rear surrounds. I might make a slight change though and add a couple binding posts to them at the base and run a wire through the tube I already have through the center to make easier to unhook and move around. Pulling the wire from the AVR through the tube on moves (and initial set-up) will be a bit of a pain since two banana plugs that I use won't fit through the tube at the same time.

The curly maple that I got for them came out amazing too. The curls really popped and gives a really nice depth look.

The boxes for the the 15s are done and work great. I was able to power them up for a test last night and everything looked good. Well, almost everything. I thought it sounded a little boomy and then I realized that I forgot to put the poly fill in. So tonight I need to pull off the slaps and stuff the box.

And finally I got a dry fit of the boxes with the stand and top last night before I put the next coat of finish on the top. It's looking good as a whole and was a good test. It showed me that I needed to adjust the stand's bracing that sits between the SLAPs slight. I made that change and finished painting it last night.

I should have these in place over the weekend. I'm probably going to start out with just the subs behind the couch. I don't think I'm going to be able to get the BOSS redone for a couple weekends due to the holidays. I'm also waiting for a new 4 conductor speakon cable. It should be delivered tomorrow. I messed up and thought I had another one.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3884.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	2645946   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3885.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	2645948   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3887.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	977.7 KB
ID:	2645950   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3886.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	2645952  
Nalleh, OJ Bartley, SBuger and 2 others like this.

BEQ Slack group
SI HS-24mkIII BOSS-Sac
post #22 of 34 Old 11-26-2019, 12:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Looks great

BUT: PR subs are NOT supposed to have stuffing in them !

Nalleh’s HT
post #23 of 34 Old 11-26-2019, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Looks great

BUT: PR subs are NOT supposed to have stuffing in them !
Really? Why not when you do other subs? I was looking to tame a little bit of the boominess that I heard last night. Thinking about it, I might try laying one down on the carpet and test again. when I had it running last night it was standing on end on the tile floor. It's possible the boom was from the the small cavity on the end with the tile.

BEQ Slack group
SI HS-24mkIII BOSS-Sac
post #24 of 34 Old 11-26-2019, 12:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Stuffing the box slows down the transfer of energy from the active driver to the passive driver. It also says so in the manual

If they sound boomy, that can be fixed with EQ What LPF are you using ?

Nalleh’s HT
post #25 of 34 Old 11-26-2019, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Stuffing the box slows down the transfer of energy from the active driver to the passive driver. It also says so in the manual

If they sound boomy, that can be fixed with EQ What LPF are you using ?
I don't have the exact settings with me. I'm at work right now. I'll have to check and play with it when I get home.

BEQ Slack group
SI HS-24mkIII BOSS-Sac
post #26 of 34 Old 12-03-2019, 12:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

@Nalleh I'm just about up and running minus the BOSS expansion. The boxes are in place and a quick dry run with just some music sounded good. I'm going to start getting them integrated with everything else tomorrow. A couple questions though. What did yours end up being tuned to? I need to double check things tomorrow when I'm awake but it seems like I ended up a little higher than I was expecting. I might add some more mass which I know you didn't do. So I'm curious as to what frequency you ended up at since you've been happy.

This is my first time doing a PR build. Is a high pass filter supposed to be added like with a ported box? I thought I read that one was (and I added one to be safe) but I'm not having much google luck right now getting an answer.

BEQ Slack group
SI HS-24mkIII BOSS-Sac
post #27 of 34 Old 12-04-2019, 10:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
@Nalleh I'm just about up and running minus the BOSS expansion. The boxes are in place and a quick dry run with just some music sounded good. I'm going to start getting them integrated with everything else tomorrow. A couple questions though. What did yours end up being tuned to? I need to double check things tomorrow when I'm awake but it seems like I ended up a little higher than I was expecting. I might add some more mass which I know you didn't do. So I'm curious as to what frequency you ended up at since you've been happy.

This is my first time doing a PR build. Is a high pass filter supposed to be added like with a ported box? I thought I read that one was (and I added one to be safe) but I'm not having much google luck right now getting an answer.
Ooops, i totally forgot to answer here, sorry about that.

Yes, i just used my SLAPS as is, so including the 255gram mass, and the tune ended up ~ 22hz, i think.

I don’t use a HPF, on the contrary i use a lowshelf, LOL. The stupid capacity on the SLAPS, and relationship between it and the JBL’s seem to make a HPF unnessesary. At least in my case, so far.

If they are like mine, you need to EQ them down in the upper octaves, probably from 40hz and up. And a LOT. I have probably ~20-30dB negative high shelfs on mine + a 60hz LPF at 12dB.
So yeah, un-EQ’ed and too high LPF(above 80hz) they can be boomy, alright

Nalleh’s HT

Last edited by Nalleh; 12-04-2019 at 10:41 PM.
post #28 of 34 Old 12-05-2019, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Ooops, i totally forgot to answer here, sorry about that.

Yes, i just used my SLAPS as is, so including the 255gram mass, and the tune ended up ~ 22hz, i think.

I don’t use a HPF, on the contrary i use a lowshelf, LOL. The stupid capacity on the SLAPS, and relationship between it and the JBL’s seem to make a HPF unnessesary. At least in my case, so far.

If they are like mine, you need to EQ them down in the upper octaves, probably from 40hz and up. And a LOT. I have probably ~20-30dB negative high shelfs on mine + a 60hz LPF at 12dB.
So yeah, un-EQ’ed and too high LPF(above 80hz) they can be boomy, alright
Ok, using the default mass I can in at about 24-25 hz if I was sensing the "dead" spot when stepping through frequencies on Sunday night. It was at the end of the day though and I was tired so I need to double check it.

Thanks for the filter info. I wasn't sure if a PA had the same issue as ported and needed one. Until I had time to figure it out I figured it was safer to throw it on just in case. Hopefully I'll have time tonight to get everything integrated and start running some REW tests tonight. I've been swamped at work this week. We have a release going out the start of next week that we're on the final push on.
Nalleh likes this.

BEQ Slack group
SI HS-24mkIII BOSS-Sac
post #29 of 34 Old 12-06-2019, 05:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Yes, see how it looks in REW, and then go from there.

I only have a 5dB LS on mine to make them reasonably flat all the way down, but I have a lot of EQ above 40hz to tame them

When you are done EQ’ing, just play some familiar content while upping the level on them, they’ll let you know when you push too far

But are you just using them as VNF so far, or are they ON the BOSS plattform, for BOSS duty as well ?
DesertDog likes this.

Nalleh’s HT
post #30 of 34 Old 12-06-2019, 05:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Looks great!
DesertDog likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version