AVS Forum banner

WTL - Want to Listen (Cohesive 893s, Elusive 1099s, Aggressive 1299s)

1K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  bubbrik 
#1 ·
I’m taking a shot in the dark. Does anyone within a decent driving distance of Indianapolis have a L/R/C of 893s? Or 1099s? 1299s?

Just wanting to get my ears on some at some point. Honestly most interested in the 893s as the size is what I was hoping for width wise....

But beggars can’t be choosers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
I’m taking a shot in the dark. Does anyone within a decent driving distance of Indianapolis have a L/R/C of 893s? Or 1099s? 1299s?

Just wanting to get my ears on some at some point. Honestly most interested in the 893s as the size is what I was hoping for width wise....

I’m building a trio of 893’s. When they are done you’d be welcome to come listen.

#3 ·
HOT DAMN! Your what, ~5 hours one way?

#6 ·
I’m well aware, however the question remains, when the time is right to buy, do I wait for 893s to pop up used somewhere, or go with the new bigger 99s, or something else entirely......

#10 ·
Yeah the issue is the width (which becomes height for the center).

The 893 was pushing it.... the 1299 will not fit in my space as it stands.... but it would provide better scale for my 16” in diameter Sonotubes.....

That said I’ve debated the Apollo MTMs too (4 ohm less efficient IIRC), especially w some passives (as seen in another thread here).

I even debated Titans for L/R and then the 612DC for a center, but that’s even more height.

I have MORE then enough power to drive anything for my setup, but being able to NOT need it would be nice....

Plus I have enough sub power to handle from 80hz down. Want something to keep up with my subs easily from 80hz and up, and for simplicity prefer sealed...

Hence really wanting to hear 893s as I might wait around to buy (once I have money in hand) until a pair come up.

#11 ·
I understand about the height/width for the center.That is why I ended up with the 893's.I put it off for too long and they were discontinued.I had(still have) the Fusion 8 center.It fits well also.I like the 893 much better though.

Somehow Erich found the parts and had three baffles.I originally wanted the flatpacks for ease of build and my disgust of MDF dust.

Sometime in the future I might go with another L R design with more midbass and pair them with the 893 center.
I really need that size for a center channel.

#16 ·
cracks me up, of the people in this thread, one bought my 893's and another had reached out to get them. :) oh how I wish I had built them just to hear em.. anyways here's hoping they end up making someone happy :) Think i've talked myself into the Titans for my dedicated build i'm working on now.... After I get done building some um-18 boxes over the next few weeks...

Hope to see the 893 build thread sometime soon ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.