CSS p215, criton 2TD for multimedia/home theatre? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-28-2019, 03:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
CSS p215, criton 2TD for multimedia/home theatre?

Hello from Canada, Harry here. I have been reading the forums for a while, but haven't posted until now. I have messed about with guitar amps and pa systems for some time. I have always had an interest in AV, and I am here for home theatre speaker recommendations.

while I was looking for a 5.1 system from a big box store, I was reading online and came across DIY kits. I am a noob so work with me.

A company called CSS seems provides kits that seem fairly fool proof and provide great value (according to reviews)

The options for a 5.1 system from them that I had in mind were:

1)

5 x CSS P215 (satellites)

specs at css-audio | SHOP

Approx: $1600 CAD

OR

2)

3 x CSS Criton 2TD (LCR)
2 x CSS Criton 1TD (surrounds)
With subwoofer.

Approx:
$2300 CAD

Will this type of speaker perform well in a 70% TV/Movie 30% music environment? or are these speakers geared towards music? Do they provide good value? Are there any other recommendations that are perhaps more accessible to Canadian customers?

My dedicated room is 20'x15' with 9' ceilings and a hallway opening (it is not permanent, but at least for the next 2 years). I don't really have a set budget, I just look purely for value to an extent

Thanks for your time. If this belongs in a different forum, I will repost.

Thanks guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-30-2019, 08:39 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I've been a fan of their products for a long time, but most of my experience is with their subwoofers. I did hear the Criton 2TDs at Axpona last year though and they were VERY impressive. The guys in the room just kept turning up the volume and it never got edgy or anything. Just clean. It stood out to me because most rooms I went in weren't playing at volumes that can challenge a speaker, and probably for good reason. Not sure about the smaller models, but it seems like these big ones would be good for music or home theater.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page