DIY Subwoofer or Active Subwoofer recommendations - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 68Likes

post #1 of 160 Old 05-04-2019, 09:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Thumbs up DIY Subwoofer or Active Subwoofer recommendations

Hello all, I am new to Forums so my apologies if I am doing it wrong lol.

I have a theater room that is about 17' by 21' but is basically open to 2 other levels. The "open" section of the room would be considered the right hand side, or the side where the right channels are. It is a 4 level split and the majority of the 1 wall is open to the kitchen, which is open to the upper living/dining room, which is open to the stairwell that goes to our upper level. My theater room is also open to the stairwell that goes to the 4th and lowest level, but I can just close the door to close off the basement.

That being said, I currently run 1 Klipsch R115SW and 1 SVS PB 16 Ultra. I recently have decided to up my subwoofer game again. I most likely will be getting rid of the 1 Klipsch sub, and was considering just getting another PB 16 Ultra. I just wanted to get some opinions from some of you guys on here about what may be a better option or at least another good option. My budget will be around $3000, but anything I can save budget wise will be awesome, so that I can save for another Power Amp in the near future.

I am open to active subwoofers, passive subwoofers with external amplification and possibly even DIY as long as it's a kit and easy to build. I would need a little guidance and help for the passive with amp or the DIY as I am not entirely familiar with those options. I am quite familiar with the active options. I mainly game and watch movies, not much music listening on the system. Also, please keep in mind that I am in Canada and some of the internet direct companies tack on a hefty fee to ship here. Thanks in advance for all your time and thoughts.

My equipment for a 5.2.4 system:

Denon AVRX4400 receiver
Marants MM7055 power amp (running fronts and surrounds)
75" Samsung Q6 QLED TV
Panasonic DPUB-820 4K Blu Ray player
Xbox One X
Klipsch reference premiere fronts and surrounds
Klipsch front and rear heights
1 Klipsch R115SW subwoofer
1 SVS PB16 Ultra Subwoofer

**My pen won't work to write my signature, I.T is working on it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 160 Old 05-04-2019, 09:42 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 222 Post(s)
Quoted: 3682 Post(s)
Liked: 4181
Anyone that has ever gone DIY has NEVER gone back to retail/ID.
It's pretty much a 100% conversion rate.

You are basically paying for the CEO's lambo and golf lessons, marketing ad's, and not really getting maximum SPL per dollar.

Even a <$300 UM-18 can beat the best SVS or Velodyne, and that isn't even the best DIY driver yet... LOL!
post #3 of 160 Old 05-04-2019, 09:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1379 Post(s)
Liked: 3413
With a $3K budget and being open to DIY, look at GSG for easy kits in all shapes and sizes to suit your needs. A pair of most any sub they offer will be a much better value than adding a second PB16, and will offer tremendous amounts of output per dollar. These will require an external amplifier; most people go with the iNuke series with DSP due to value there as well. Welcome to the rabbit hole!

https://shop.gsgad.com/
Russell Burrows and bwieler21 like this.

Speakers: PSA MTM-210T x2, MTM-210C, MT-110SR x2; Atmos-SVS Satellite x2, DIY Volt-10 x2
Subs: PSA V1801 x2, DIY: 18" RSS460HO, 15" RSS390HO x2, BOSS w/JBL CX1200 x6
MA’s: Crowson Tech x2
Processing: Denon X4200, NU6KDSP, 3KDSP
Video: Epson 3700; Screen: Silver Ticket 106" High Contrast
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 160 Old 05-04-2019, 09:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 1482 Post(s)
Liked: 1067
For $3000, you could easily do 4 or more full Marty’s which are 1000 watt 18” subwoofers.

I’m pretty sure that one of them outperforms the SVS PB16.

Or even better (IMO) would be like 12+ VBSS Subwoofers, 3 per corner. That can also be done under $3000. The shear output of that would be enough to have your neighbor’s neighbor’s neighbors enjoy your movie.

Leave it at 8 ohms and call it a day :)
post #5 of 160 Old 05-04-2019, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks guys, great info so far. I should have pointed out that I am hoping to stick to one unit preferably. It can be a dual driver unit though . Would the Dayton UM18-22 be the most robust option for an 18" driver? Is there any place that has complete kits with all parts and amplification included? I don't mind a little DIY, but I am quite green to that sort of thing. Would I need to cut the box at all to install a connector for the sub to connect to the amp? Would I just need to drill a hole or would I need to cut a rectangular hole? I don't have many wood working tools/saws. Is there a resource online that has all the details figured out and written out for me to follow my first time?

Sorry for all the questions guys I just want to make sure I get the right chest thumping bass for my money and I don't want to screw it up and incur unneeded costs from my screw ups.

thanks again for all the help!

post #6 of 160 Old 05-04-2019, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter

[quote=Sekosche;57998490]With a $3K budget and being open to DIY, look at GSG for easy kits in all shapes and sizes to suit your needs. A pair of most any sub they offer will be a much better value than adding a second PB16, and will offer tremendous amounts of output per dollar. These will require an external amplifier; most people go with the iNuke series with DSP due to value there as well. Welcome to the rabbit hole!

Thanks for the reply, awesome info. I checked out the INuke amps that you mentioned, how would I connect my subwoofer preout from my Denon AVRX4400 to that amp? I looked at the pics and I don't see a connector on the back that I am familiar with.
Sekosche likes this.

post #7 of 160 Old 05-04-2019, 11:10 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Just need an adapter so you can plug the sub cable in...

The flat packs for Marty would be awesome. You'd need clamps to glue it all together, some matress topper from Walmart for insulation (or recycled blue Jean insulation) a little speaker wire to hook up the driver, a speakon connector for the back of the sub, a speakon cable to hookup to the amp and screws to attach the driver.

Check out the Marty sub thread in DIY. It's got all the info at the start of the thread. I had never built anything really and that thread had all the info to get it done.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Equipment: Yamaha 3050, Oppo 103d, DIYSG HT12s (L,C,R), PSA mt 110s (SR,SL), 2 VBSS, Submaximus, 4 driver BOSS build, umik-1, Epson 3700

Last edited by BryceDH; 05-04-2019 at 11:15 AM.
post #8 of 160 Old 05-04-2019, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceDH View Post
Just need an adapter so you can plug the sub cable in...

The flat packs for Marty would be awesome. You'd need clamps to glue it all together, some matress topper from Walmart for insulation (or recycled blue Jean insulation) a little speaker wire to hook up the driver, a speakon connector for the back of the sub, a speakon cable to hookup to the amp and screws to attach the driver.

Check out the Marty sub thread in DIY. It's got all the info at the start of the thread. I had never built anything really and that thread had all the info to get it done.

Ok, I think I got it. So the INuke and the subwoofer will connect with a simple 1/4" mono plug and the adapter you have shown will be used to connect the RCA to mono because my receiver LFE channel is RCA. Now the age old question should I go ported with the Marty's or sealed like the ones from Parts express? Which one would HONESTLY be comparable to the SVS PB16 Ultra? Would I get close to the same sound/output with the sealed box or would I need the Marty ported box to compare to the PB16 Ultra?

post #9 of 160 Old 05-04-2019, 12:31 PM

The inuke to Marty would be a speakon cable. The receiver to inuke would be an rca connection with the adapter at the inuke.

You'd need to go ported in my opinion to get the most out of the sub. 1 inuke6000 can power 2 Marty's which is what I would do.

Equipment: Yamaha 3050, Oppo 103d, DIYSG HT12s (L,C,R), PSA mt 110s (SR,SL), 2 VBSS, Submaximus, 4 driver BOSS build, umik-1, Epson 3700
post #10 of 160 Old 05-04-2019, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
The inuke to Marty would be a speakon cable. The receiver to inuke would be an rca connection with the adapter at the inuke.

You'd need to go ported in my opinion to get the most out of the sub. 1 inuke6000 can power 2 Marty's which is what I would do.

It seems to be a little difficult to find the NU6000, what would be a suitable alternative?

post #11 of 160 Old 05-04-2019, 01:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 819 Post(s)
Liked: 720
Get the DSP version: https://www.parts-express.com/behrin...-dsp--248-7017

Used/refurbished nu6ks can be found if you hunt hard enough.

Sub builds: Yet another Infinity 1260 build | Twins! | Modified V.B.S.S. build | UM12-22 builds | AV stand and sealed UM18s

Speaker builds: DIYSG HTM-10 build | DIYSG Volt-6 build | DIYSG Fusion-8 builds
post #12 of 160 Old 05-04-2019, 01:15 PM

The nu6000 is an old model now. The new ones are basically the same but look cooler. Search nx6000d.

post #13 of 160 Old 05-04-2019, 01:39 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 400 Post(s)
Liked: 448
GSG added this page for some guidance on subs - https://shop.gsgad.com/pages/perform...mparison-table

My 2 cents, 2x 21DS115s will not disappoint

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Stormbreaker | Wisconsin Home Theater Meet Thread | B.M.D. (in progress)
You can always turn it down, but you can only turn it up so much (before you run out of power, excursion or structural integrity).
7.1.4 | Yamaha A3070 | Crown XLS 1502 | iNuke 3000 DSP | 2x Aphex 124A | 2x Bic EV15 | 7x Bic FH6 LCR | 2x Bic FH65-B | Sub 21" Stormbreaker | Epson 5010e | 120" DIY AT Screen
post #14 of 160 Old 05-04-2019, 01:40 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwieler21 View Post
Hello all, I am new to Forums so my apologies if I am doing it wrong lol.

I have a theater room that is about 17' by 21' but is basically open to 2 other levels. The "open" section of the room would be considered the right hand side, or the side where the right channels are. It is a 4 level split and the majority of the 1 wall is open to the kitchen, which is open to the upper living/dining room, which is open to the stairwell that goes to our upper level. My theater room is also open to the stairwell that goes to the 4th and lowest level, but I can just close the door to close off the basement.

That being said, I currently run 1 Klipsch R115SW and 1 SVS PB 16 Ultra. I recently have decided to up my subwoofer game again. I most likely will be getting rid of the 1 Klipsch sub, and was considering just getting another PB 16 Ultra. I just wanted to get some opinions from some of you guys on here about what may be a better option or at least another good option. My budget will be around $3000, but anything I can save budget wise will be awesome, so that I can save for another Power Amp in the near future.

I am open to active subwoofers, passive subwoofers with external amplification and possibly even DIY as long as it's a kit and easy to build. I would need a little guidance and help for the passive with amp or the DIY as I am not entirely familiar with those options. I am quite familiar with the active options. I mainly game and watch movies, not much music listening on the system. Also, please keep in mind that I am in Canada and some of the internet direct companies tack on a hefty fee to ship here. Thanks in advance for all your time and thoughts.

My equipment for a 5.2.4 system:

Denon AVRX4400 receiver
Marants MM7055 power amp (running fronts and surrounds)
75" Samsung Q6 QLED TV
Panasonic DPUB-820 4K Blu Ray player
Xbox One X
Klipsch reference premiere fronts and surrounds
Klipsch front and rear heights
1 Klipsch R115SW subwoofer
1 SVS PB16 Ultra Subwoofer
A few questions:

Where in Alberta are you? If you're relatively close to the border, have it shipped close to the border, and drive over and pick it up. You will pay customs and US dolllars, but it will still be cheaper. A lot of the suggestions people have here are in US dollars. Double the price for us! (I'm from Canada as well) Solen.ca has the Dayton Audio UM 18, but it is a lot more expensive than from parts express, doesn't go on sale, and of course shipping...

Another option is Mach 5 Audio (in Winnipeg), that has subs, such as the UXL 18, FTW 21, etc. Expensive as well, but Canadian dollars, and includes shipping. I am waiting to see if they put the IXL 18 on their website, as it may be close to the UM 18 (and quite a bit cheaper than ordering from the US). If you call them they may be able to tell you how far the IXL 18 is away from being produced. Maybe even the AWE 24 (24" sub), sealed sub if that comes to light as well (also from Mach 5 audio).

Any size restrictions? Maximum width/ depth/ height? That might limit people's answers as well.

Darren

PS. I have no affiliation with Mach 5. I have just been researching the same as well for a while so I thought I would pass on the info. Good luck!
post #15 of 160 Old 05-04-2019, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by optoguy View Post
A few questions:

Where in Alberta are you? If you're relatively close to the border, have it shipped close to the border, and drive over and pick it up. You will pay customs and US dolllars, but it will still be cheaper. A lot of the suggestions people have here are in US dollars. Double the price for us! (I'm from Canada as well) Solen.ca has the Dayton Audio UM 18, but it is a lot more expensive than from parts express, doesn't go on sale, and of course shipping...

Another option is Mach 5 Audio (in Winnipeg), that has subs, such as the UXL 18, FTW 21, etc. Expensive as well, but Canadian dollars, and includes shipping. I am waiting to see if they put the IXL 18 on their website, as it may be close to the UM 18 (and quite a bit cheaper than ordering from the US). If you call them they may be able to tell you how far the IXL 18 is away from being produced. Maybe even the AWE 24 (24" sub), sealed sub if that comes to light as well (also from Mach 5 audio).

Any size restrictions? Maximum width/ depth/ height? That might limit people's answers as well.

Darren

PS. I have no affiliation with Mach 5. I have just been researching the same as well for a while so I thought I would pass on the info. Good luck!
I am in Calgary. Thanks for the info. I don't really have much of a size restriction as far as box size goes. I don't imagine any box would be bigger than the Pb16 ultra as far as width and depth, and height doesn't really matter as long as it fits under an 8 foot ceiling. I was definitely keeping in mind that everyone responding would be supplying ideas based on USD and my budget is around $3000 CAD, I was doing the conversion with their ideas lol. It sucks to be in Canada sometimes, especially with home audio. I am about a 3.5 hr drive from the closest U.S town of Sweet Grass Montana. I am not sure if they have a service that I can have it shipped to and pick it up. Then I am also looking at 7 hours driving total and I have a V8 pathfinder and with current gas prices that would probably add an extra $100 to the price right there. I think for convenience sake I would ship it to my home, not to mention I don't think that I would save much considering my distance etc.

post #16 of 160 Old 05-04-2019, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Ok, I think I am getting confused now. So if I want to bridge a four channel amp into 2 channels then run 2 subwoofers off of it, how do I wire the speakon cable? Do I wire the speakon cable the same way on both ends or different depending on what end is being plugged where? Also, what type of speakon connection would I need for the subwoofer end and how would I wire it to the subwoofer? I am starting to make my head hurt now lol, this is a little more complicated than I initially thought. I am sure I can figure it out, but plug and play is easier on the brain lol.

post #17 of 160 Old 05-04-2019, 03:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Ok, I think I am getting confused now. So if I want to bridge a four channel amp into 2 channels then run 2 subwoofers off of it, how do I wire the speakon cable? Do I wire the speakon cable the same way on both ends or different depending on what end is being plugged where? Also, what type of speakon connection would I need for the subwoofer end and how would I wire it to the subwoofer? I am starting to make my head hurt now lol, this is a little more complicated than I initially thought. I am sure I can figure it out, but plug and play is easier on the brain lol.
In bridged mode, the amp end would be wired +1/+2. The other connections would be +1/-1.

That 4 channel amp are you talking about?

Sub builds: Yet another Infinity 1260 build | Twins! | Modified V.B.S.S. build | UM12-22 builds | AV stand and sealed UM18s

post #18 of 160 Old 05-04-2019, 03:57 PM

Quote:
The 6000dsp is a 2 channel amp. 2 inputs, 2 outputs. The 6000dsp cant be bridged, so dont worry about that. The 3000 can be bridged (make 2 channels into 1 for more power).

I would do the 6000dsp for the option to run 2 full Marty's (one off of each channel)

See below pic of the back of my amp. White cable is running to the amp from my receiver (also pictured is the 1/4 mono to rca adapter) . The black cable is the speakon running from my amp out to the sub. I included a pic of the speakon connector that would go on the sub... this sounds way more confusing than it actually is... hope this helps.

post #19 of 160 Old 05-04-2019, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcmillan2 View Post
In bridged mode, the amp end would be wired +1/+2. The other connections would be +1/-1.

That 4 channel amp are you talking about?
Ok lol, pretend I have no idea whatsoever about speakon connections, because I don't. I literally didn't know what a speakon connector was until about an hour ago. How do I wire the sub to the Speakon connector? Do I need a 4 pole Speakon connector? So if I have 12AWG 2 conductor wire already I would connect say the red wire to +1 and the black wire to +2, then on the other end I would wire the red wire to +1 and the black wire to -1?

I am looking at the BEHRINGER NX4-6000 4-CHANNEL 6000W amplifier.

post #20 of 160 Old 05-04-2019, 04:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Ok lol, pretend I have no idea whatsoever about speakon connections, because I don't. I literally didn't know what a speakon connector was until about an hour ago. How do I wire the sub to the Speakon connector? Do I need a 4 pole Speakon connector? So if I have 12AWG 2 conductor wire already I would connect say the red wire to +1 and the black wire to +2, then on the other end I would wire the red wire to +1 and the black wire to -1?

Again, you want a version with DSP like I linked to earler.

As Bryce already mentioned, you wouldn't run the NX6000D in bridged mode. Wiring is easy, get all 4 pole Neutriks (leaves you options down the road), everything wired +1/-1 like you note above.

I use the following:

On the box - https://www.amazon.com/Neutrik-Panel.../dp/B00067JSFK
On each end of 12Ga speaker wire: https://www.amazon.com/Neutrik-NL4FX...6A87JG5VH5DJ0Y
And one of these from AVR to amp (or the adapter like Bryce uses) - https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Con.../dp/B001VLW398

post #21 of 160 Old 05-04-2019, 04:21 PM

Quote:

Quote:

We'll get you there, I know it sounds like a lot at first...

1) you are looking at the wrong amp.

This is what you want

https://www.amazon.com/Behringer-NX6...=nx6000&sr=8-1

2) people typically buy 4 pole connectors, but for 1 Marty you are only going to use 2 of the poles for a nx6000d... 1+ and 1-. I used a um 18 (2 ohm dual voice coil). I attached a picture of how that would work... sorry for my poor drawing skills.

post #22 of 160 Old 05-04-2019, 04:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Again, you want a version with DSP like I linked to earler.

As Bryce already mentioned, you wouldn't run the NX6000D in bridged mode. Wiring is easy, get all 4 pole Neutriks (leaves you options down the road), everything wired +1/-1 like you note above.

I use the following:

On the box - https://www.amazon.com/Neutrik-Panel.../dp/B00067JSFK
On each end of 12Ga speaker wire: https://www.amazon.com/Neutrik-NL4FX...6A87JG5VH5DJ0Y
And one of these from AVR to amp (or the adapter like Bryce uses) - https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Con.../dp/B001VLW398
Ok, that is where my confusion was coming from, I was looking at the wrong amplifier. This is the one I meant focus on (BEHRINGER NX6000D 6000W AMPLIFIER W/ DSP), for some reason I had the 4 channel 6000 pulled up as well and confused myself thinking that is the one I wanted. I have about 20 tabs open researching and trying to wrap my head around this all. Thank you for the clarification, not bridging would be a lot easier. Thanks for your patience everyone. I thought I had a pretty good understanding of home audio...buuuuut I guess I have a basic understanding lol.

I think I have it understood now. With the BEHRINGER NX6000D 6000W AMPLIFIER W/ DSP, I can buy the speakon connectors and wire everything for +1/-1, including the 4 pole connection on the sub box to the subwoofer. The Dayton Ultimax is a dual 2 ohm coil so I will wire that in series (to make it 4ohm load) by putting a jumper wire from the positive connections on one coil to the neg connection on the other coil...correct?

post #23 of 160 Old 05-04-2019, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Ok, that is where my confusion was coming from, I was looking at the wrong amplifier. This is the one I meant focus on (BEHRINGER NX6000D 6000W AMPLIFIER W/ DSP), for some reason I had the 4 channel 6000 pulled up as well and confused myself thinking that is the one I wanted. I have about 20 tabs open researching and trying to wrap my head around this all. Thank you for the clarification, not bridging would be a lot easier. Thanks for your patience everyone. I thought I had a pretty good understanding of home audio...buuuuut I guess I have a basic understanding lol.

I think I have it understood now. With the BEHRINGER NX6000D 6000W AMPLIFIER W/ DSP, I can buy the speakon connectors and wire everything for +1/-1, including the 4 pole connection on the sub box to the subwoofer. The Dayton Ultimax is a dual 2 ohm coil so I will wire that in series (to make it 4ohm load) by putting a jumper wire from the positive connections on one coil to the neg connection on the other coil...correct?
BOOM! There you go!

post #24 of 160 Old 05-04-2019, 04:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Now you got it, that is correct. At 4 ohm you can expect about 2000 watts per channel from the 6k. Plenty to drive 2 subs.

post #25 of 160 Old 05-04-2019, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you everyone for your awesome advice and help. I have decided to go the Dayton Audio 18" UM route with a Marty 16hz tune box and Behringer 6000 DSP amp. Hopefully this will perform better than my PB16 Ultra. You guys rock!!!!

post #26 of 160 Old 05-04-2019, 06:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thank you everyone for your awesome advice and help. I have decided to go the Dayton Audio 18" UM route with a Marty 16hz tune box and Behringer 6000 DSP amp. Hopefully this will perform better than my PB16 Ultra. You guys rock!!!!
Oh, it will.

But you'll want 2 or more...
Russell Burrows likes this.

post #27 of 160 Old 05-04-2019, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Oh, it will.

But you'll want 2 or more...
I will probably start with 2 and keep my PB16 as well.
smcmillan2 likes this.

post #28 of 160 Old 05-04-2019, 06:36 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Quote:
I should have pointed out that I am hoping to stick to one unit preferably. It can be a dual driver unit though .

One unit.. 3000$ budget.. can be dual driver.. I really tried to resist but this screams "SKHorn"!
Yes, I know you wanted it fairly simple and decided to go with a Marty cube (great choice!) since it's easy to build, but damn, those prerequisites were just too tempting
Welcome to the DIY world! Hint: this won't be your last DIY project, even if you say so. Probably not even for this year, if you're like most of us here!

A Star Is Born - Lady Gaga goes Rock Audio&Video by Ocean Studios (me)
SKHorn Build
Samsung KS7500 - Marantz NR1504 - Klipsch R-26F - Klipsch R-25C - Klipsch R-15M - SKHorn (on FP-13000 clone)
Bass EQ for Filtered Video Games
post #29 of 160 Old 05-04-2019, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by peniku8 View Post
One unit.. 3000$ budget.. can be dual driver.. I really tried to resist but this screams "SKHorn"!
Yes, I know you wanted it fairly simple and decided to go with a Marty cube (great choice!) since it's easy to build, but damn, those prerequisites were just too tempting
Welcome to the DIY world! Hint: this won't be your last DIY project, even if you say so. Probably not even for this year, if you're like most of us here!
Yeah, I think you are right, this will be 4th time upgrading subwoofers in about 12 months as is lol. This DIY is a slippery slope I can tell already.

post #30 of 160 Old 05-04-2019, 06:44 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Quote:
Yeah, I think you are right, this will be 4th time upgrading subwoofers in about 12 months as is lol. This DIY is a slippery slope I can tell already.
I had a pretty short sub history. From 8" Yamaha downfiring, over 12" Klipsch to SKHorn. Now the only option to upgrade it to build more SKHorns. M.A.U.L. isn't gonna happen.

A Star Is Born - Lady Gaga goes Rock Audio&Video by Ocean Studios (me)
SKHorn Build
Samsung KS7500 - Marantz NR1504 - Klipsch R-26F - Klipsch R-25C - Klipsch R-15M - SKHorn (on FP-13000 clone)
Bass EQ for Filtered Video Games
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Tags
diy subwoofer , subwoofer , subwoofer advice , upgrade

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page