Best direction to go Atmos in-ceiling speakers - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By lawdogx
  • 1 Post By BassThatHz
  • 1 Post By jwanck11

post #1 of 6 Old 05-12-2019, 10:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 727 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Best direction to go Atmos in-ceiling speakers

Okay right now I'm down to decide between two speaker choices. My theater room going to be 15x12 so as of now I'm going with four in-ceiling Atmos but later go six. I need help deciding which will give me the most output Volt10XL diysoundgroup Atmos sealed box or C34E from RSL that's got really good reviews. I really wanted to stick with Volt10XL because i want my theater to be Diysoundgroup match speakers.

https://www.diysoundgroup.com/home-t...olt-10-v2.html

https://rslspeakers.com/products/c34...iling-speaker/

JVC NX5 Panasonic UB820 PC Madvr
Sliver Ticket 120' Cinema white screen
Aggressive 1299 L/C/R/, Volt 10XL x 2 surround, MKII Atmos Modules x 4(Jav's build)
Pioneer Elite SC-LX801 Acurus A125x5
Ported Primate SI 18" HST subs x 2(DIY) V.B.S.S.x 4(MBM)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-13-2019, 02:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Quoted: 602 Post(s)
Liked: 697
V10s all the way. Or, even Volt 8s. I love my Volts and plan to use either V8s or 6s for my Atmos. This place is all about overkill - so go with the Volt 10s!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HT: Oppo UHD-203 | Crown Amps | NX3000D | NX6000D | 1299s | Volt 8s | THTs | Crowson Shadow 8s | BOSS riser | Panamax 5300PM | LG OLED 65B6P
Family: Denon AVR-S740 | PSB Alpha AVs | Sony X900F | X1
post #3 of 6 Old 05-13-2019, 07:16 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 43
I’ve never heard the volts so cannot comment on them (although I’ve never heard a single owner that doesn’t love them). I’m running c34e’s for Atmos speakers, and DIYSG speakers for everything else (1099’s, htm-6’s, and htm-8’s). The c34e’s are the last speakers I haven’t replaced with diy options - yet. I’ll relay a few observations. The c34e’s sound great. I have them in two rooms and they have no business costing as little as they do for how good they sound. They’re also an easy in-ceiling fit, as they don’t require boxes, are only 4.25” deep, and are designed to be in-ceiling (cut the holes, insert the speaker, tighten the clamps, and cover with grill). However, while they do manage to work great in my 4000 cubic foot theater room, they are not very efficient. Audyssey sets my 1099’s at -5 to -8 while the RSL’s get set to +5 or more. I’m not sure if it’s a function of their 88db sensitivity or the little 4.5” woofers but they’re much harder to drive than anything else in my system. If I were starting from scratch I’d probably go volt just because of the quality of components, the rave reviews, and my positive experience with 7 other diysg builds. I’d love to hear from anyone who has actually heard both In Atmos duty that offer an a/b comparison!

I just reread your question. If your asking which would give you the “most output” it would have to be the volts 10’s. They’re 95db sensitivity vs 88db, a big 10” woofer cone vs 2 4.5’s, and a power range of 450 watts vs 150.
Nexgen76 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-14-2019, 12:26 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Quoted: 3656 Post(s)
Liked: 4138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan611 View Post
This place is all about overkill - so go with the Volt 10s!
Little rocketboy learned that even our trucknutz are bigger than the NK peninsula.

Overkill... It works!

I'd say put 2499's in the ceiling, if you can...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	30yix9.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	2566770  
Nexgen76 likes this.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-15-2019, 09:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I went with RSL. I know they are not DIY, but they are absolutely phenomenal. https://rslspeakers.com/c34e-ceiling-speaker/
Nexgen76 likes this.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-23-2019, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 727 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdogx View Post
I’ve never heard the volts so cannot comment on them (although I’ve never heard a single owner that doesn’t love them). I’m running c34e’s for Atmos speakers, and DIYSG speakers for everything else (1099’s, htm-6’s, and htm-8’s). The c34e’s are the last speakers I haven’t replaced with diy options - yet. I’ll relay a few observations. The c34e’s sound great. I have them in two rooms and they have no business costing as little as they do for how good they sound. They’re also an easy in-ceiling fit, as they don’t require boxes, are only 4.25” deep, and are designed to be in-ceiling (cut the holes, insert the speaker, tighten the clamps, and cover with grill). However, while they do manage to work great in my 4000 cubic foot theater room, they are not very efficient. Audyssey sets my 1099’s at -5 to -8 while the RSL’s get set to +5 or more. I’m not sure if it’s a function of their 88db sensitivity or the little 4.5” woofers but they’re much harder to drive than anything else in my system. If I were starting from scratch I’d probably go volt just because of the quality of components, the rave reviews, and my positive experience with 7 other diysg builds. I’d love to hear from anyone who has actually heard both In Atmos duty that offer an a/b comparison!

I just reread your question. If your asking which would give you the “most output” it would have to be the volts 10’s. They’re 95db sensitivity vs 88db, a big 10” woofer cone vs 2 4.5’s, and a power range of 450 watts vs 150.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan611 View Post
V10s all the way. Or, even Volt 8s. I love my Volts and plan to use either V8s or 6s for my Atmos. This place is all about overkill - so go with the Volt 10s!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassThatHz View Post
Little rocketboy learned that even our trucknutz are bigger than the NK peninsula.

Overkill... It works!

I'd say put 2499's in the ceiling, if you can...

I'm going Volt10XL route for now.....Room size 15x12 but i live in the insane side of the world...lol

JVC NX5 Panasonic UB820 PC Madvr
Sliver Ticket 120' Cinema white screen
Aggressive 1299 L/C/R/, Volt 10XL x 2 surround, MKII Atmos Modules x 4(Jav's build)
Pioneer Elite SC-LX801 Acurus A125x5
Ported Primate SI 18" HST subs x 2(DIY) V.B.S.S.x 4(MBM)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page