Still Long Overdue Builds build - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 35Likes

post #91 of 119 Old 02-04-2020, 12:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 250 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3968 Post(s)
Liked: 4482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach_J View Post
Ebay a Tesla Model 3 battery. 75KwH for like 10 grand. Hard to beat that as long as your inverter and charge controller can work with the 4 banks at 100V each if you tear it apart.
That's an amazing power density for the price. But that much DC is 9000% lethal I'd imagine.
Also, I'm pretty sure Tesla pumps coolant through them to help prevent them from catching on fire, defeat that (or not do it) and you could be in a world of hurt.

Cobalt Oxide is too dangerous for me.

One thing I won't ever be doing is announcing the exact brand/model until after the purchase is shipped, not gonna have a repeat of my XBS 20k thread where you guys literally copy me in real-time and completely mess up my in-progress order, or buy them out or jack up the prices before I can get me my boats and hoes.
Last time they almost sent me a box of malnourished north koreans girl-guides (or something.) Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 119 Old 03-01-2020, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter

More junk on its way...
-MC4 Crimpers (for terminating the ends of my solar cables)
-Universal AC power adapter for my PRM-9000 geiger counter for continuous-operation (because why not)
-and some ABC sweet soy (because that stuff is awesome on stir fry)

Still need to buy an air-quality-analyzer, and a BOAT LOAD of cables and batteries to hook up the solar!
So like another $2000 at-least...
and then if I still want the stainless steel mesh shielding, another $2000 basically.

The list just keeps going on and on. (Stimulating the economy one hair-brained idea at a time!!! )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stuff.jpg
Views:	527
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	2692328  
post #93 of 119 Old 03-06-2020, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

Thing is bigger and heavier than I thought it would be.

It would be just my luck that I'd turn into a C-19 zombie, promise you'll shoot me in the head, promise it!!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	crimp.jpg
Views:	513
Size:	375.2 KB
ID:	2694526  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 119 Old 03-11-2020, 07:25 PM - Thread Starter

More junk on the way...

Bought a full face woodworking mask because I am tired of getting sawdust in my eyes blown around the eye glasses; handy for asbestos/mold removal too.

and zombies... (Operation Hazmat! )
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cards.jpg
Views:	463
Size:	634.8 KB
ID:	2696656   Click image for larger version

Name:	mask.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	2696658  
post #95 of 119 Old 03-13-2020, 02:10 PM
_tk
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 726 Post(s)
Liked: 336
A lot of questions...but the one I'm most curious about is what is that card game?
post #96 of 119 Old 03-14-2020, 07:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by _tk View Post
A lot of questions...but the one I'm most curious about is what is that card game?
That would bring far too much attention to this thread. The game that shall not be named! But... I will give you a solid clue:

It was made in 1994 by Steve Jackson. The master of all puppet-masters.
thebuckaman likes this.
post #97 of 119 Old 03-14-2020, 07:20 AM - Thread Starter

More junk on the way.

FLIR Extech CO210 single-gas air-quality analyzer.

I selected this because it had the highest range of RH and PPM's of all the units I could find that also logs data to a computer with a AC adapter, that didn't cost as much as an new organ.
0 to 100 RH and like 0 to 10k PPM.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IAQ.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	2697496  
post #98 of 119 Old 03-14-2020, 10:33 AM
_tk
Advanced Member

Quoted: 726 Post(s)
Liked: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassThatHz View Post
That would bring far too much attention to this thread. The game that shall not be named! But... I will give you a solid clue:

It was made in 1994 by Steve Jackson. The master of all puppet-masters.

I thought maybe it might have been by him, but there's so many he's made over the years wasn't sure which specific one it was.

I found it though...too bad that particular version is out-of-print.
post #99 of 119 Old 03-20-2020, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter

It's STILL growing exponentially despite the lockdowns and isolationism!

By tomorrow morning the number of cases in the US will have surpassed Iran. Not sure if from a lack of testing on Iran's part or what, but that is the reality faced.

There is a delay. It takes time to test people, it's not instant.
THUS it is spreading faster than this chart shows and the numbers are actually MUCH higher.
Many cases are going unreported or ignored for various reasons; lack of test kits, and just lack of testing and reporting, people just not calling the hospital etc etc.

Multi-day stealth incubation period, infection rate, death rate, surface contact lifespan.
It's the perfect superbug. This virus is the perfect killing machine, designed to kill with maximum-effectiveness.
This isn't your common flu or cold...

Now wait until it starts to mutate!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	curve.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	182.5 KB
ID:	2700038  
post #100 of 119 Old 03-20-2020, 07:35 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Way to break out the rose colored glasses there BTH. 😂. There have been very few deaths in the us so far luckily. But who knows where this goes from here.
post #101 of 119 Old 03-21-2020, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_J View Post
Way to break out the rose colored glasses there BTH. 😂. There have been very few deaths in the us so far luckily. But who knows where this goes from here.
That is about to change...the US now has 26,000 cases putting it just below Italy (and climbing).
At this rate, by Friday there will be more cases in the US than Italy.

Many people are showing no signs of infection, yet are infected. They appear perfectly healthy, then a few days later symptoms start (high temp or sore throat or coughing, or all 3).

Infectious before, during and after.
It's catching everyone off guard... totally ill-informed.

People need to become germaphobes if they want to stay healthy/alive.
  • Wash your hands as SOON as you come home. Then directly wash the door handles and light-switches and tap handles
  • Disinfect your kitchen between every major meal prep, and your hands.
  • Everyone wash their hands BEFORE sitting at the table to eat/touch the plates & utensils
  • Wash hands after every use of the bathroom
  • Only one person should go shopping, and they should wear a mask and latex gloves, which should be disposed of before entering their car
  • Put on another pair before grabbing the grocery bags, then wipe down and rinse every single thing in the bag before placing it in their fridge or cupboards. Re-disinfect any surfaces that the bag touched, dispose of the bag if plastic and wash if fabric after each use.
  • Routine cleaning of toilet seats, tap handles, light switches and door knobs.
ONLY if you do that will you be SAFE. (and even then... that STILL might not be enough!)

Mild bleach solution for surfaces, soap for hands.
ER-style scrubbing (thumbs, between fingers, nails, top and bottom of hand... Washed twice in a row for 20 seconds each.)

If not, then enjoy your Plague Inc. pneumonia

I am usually an extreme-introvert by nature; I can count on 1 hand the number of people I interact with on a normal day.
My exposure level is extremely low, and is almost entirely-limited to grocery shopping for food and gas pump handle/payment machines.
My normal routine was already self-isolationism prior to this, so literally no change for me!
If I get this thing, then you guys are a good as TOAST!
post #102 of 119 Old 03-21-2020, 06:32 PM

There are definitely several advantages to being a germaphobe and a hermit. It drastically lowers the chances of getting something like this. But as you said you can be the most cautious person in the world and get coughed on in line to pay for your groceries and be dead in a week. I am pretty sure if i got it i would be just fine. What concerns me is giving it to my parents or a baby at daycare. The very young and old are where the big risk is at. I also have never smoked so not as likely to have breathing problems but you just never know. I felt terrible but i avoided my grandmother's funeral yesterday. I just showed up at the cemetery and stayed away from people. It was 20F with a strong wind so probably pretty safe and in vey outstate area of MN. Where there are no cases reported yet. In theory though everyone has as much to worry about being around me as i do them. Lets all get ready for China style Martial law where you are not allowed to leave your house. It is coming some states have some version already. If you asked me a month ago if this could happen here i would have laughed in your face. The scary thought is what is going to change because of this. The world we go back to in a few weeks to months might be drastically different than what we had. This could all be a black government NWO plan to shift how the world works. Just think about it. This may have been all planned out and set in motion.
post #103 of 119 Old 03-21-2020, 08:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Liked: 489
If you don't have any underlying health conditions, the mortality rate for all ages is .9%. So no different than a typical flu. If you're under 70 and generally healthy, this isn't a big deal.

DaleNixon likes this.

-

Nothing in this world will tick you off more than seeing a vegetarian eating pudding.
post #104 of 119 Old 03-21-2020, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BllDo View Post
If you don't have any underlying health conditions, the mortality rate for all ages is .9%. So no different than a typical flu. If you're under 70 and generally healthy, this isn't a big deal.

I agree with you 100% but if that is the case then it seems the reaction by the world is over blown massively. I realize they are hoping to slow the exponential growth rate with closing everything but it still seems something else is going on as well. Maybe it is just me looking for ulterior motives.
post #105 of 119 Old 03-22-2020, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter

We have to take this 1 week at a time. Projecting further out is too uncertain.

Based on current rates, here's what will likely happen this week:

The chart reaches billion in the next 60 days.

1% of 8 billion... is 80 million!
If we reach even HALF that, that's still nutty...

How many of the remaining 99% are in ICU's... 5%???
~400 million ventilators and beds, and ~4 billion test kits worldwide?

We will know by the end of the week how flat/unflat the curve becomes... We won't have to wait long to find out!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cases.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	2700666  
post #106 of 119 Old 03-23-2020, 11:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_J View Post
Maybe it is just me looking for ulterior motives.
Their ulterior goal is simple:
more money, more power, more control.
Of the sheeple.

Event 201
Jade
1994 playing cards, it's been planned for decades...

Going to the hospital is a death sentence.
Not wearing a mask, is a death sentence.
Any released "cure" will kill you if taken, slowly... by design!

I've said far too much...
but unlike Phil Schneider, I have skills! Come get...
post #107 of 119 Old 03-24-2020, 07:11 AM

BTH i have to say i agree with your thinking but once you have all the money it becomes essential worthless. If you no one has money to buy from you you cant sell anything and everything stops.

I agree with you that we will find out how bad it is going to be later this week. A friend is a nurse at a major hospital and she said currently they are a goast town, but they are predicting Thursday all hell will break loose. I guess we shall see what happens.
post #108 of 119 Old 03-26-2020, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

Got a tracker (finally), the air quality analyzer should be here Monday.

As for the rates, it looks like it's slowed from exponential to logarithmic. LOL!
Although that could very well be due to the fact of limited testing, they simply don't have enough kits/can't test fast enough, and also all the unreported cases (people told to just stay home, but still got sick), rather than any sign of actual improvement...

It seems to have taken hold of India now, and so the number of sick people are gonna explode, they are the two most populated countries on the planet, with very high densities and poor sanitation/health systems.
It ain't even CLOSE to being over yet, this is just the beginning. This will drag on for months and months, and only get worse from here forward!

Looking across most of the countries numbers, 99% of them are still on the upward spiral.
Daily new cases still at recorded breaking highs with each passing day, with seemingly no end in sight.

Sleep tight.
post #109 of 119 Old 03-26-2020, 09:42 PM

Cough, cough, sneeze. I going to take some Nyquil now. Thanks for the bed time story.

In all seriousness i wonder how long everything will be shutdown. My son had a runny nose this last weekend and we got banned from daycare for 7 days. If this happens to many more times i may loose my mind. I love my son but he is like TAZ and destroys the house in just seconds and i spend the rest of the day following around cleaning crap up.
post #110 of 119 Old 03-26-2020, 10:31 PM

Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
We have to take this 1 week at a time. Projecting further out is too uncertain.

Based on current rates, here's what will likely happen this week:

The chart reaches billion in the next 60 days.

1% of 8 billion... is 80 million!
If we reach even HALF that, that's still nutty...

How many of the remaining 99% are in ICU's... 5%???
~400 million ventilators and beds, and ~4 billion test kits worldwide?

We will know by the end of the week how flat/unflat the curve becomes... We won't have to wait long to find out!

Where is all of this death supposed to happen? China's supposedly peaked a while ago (probably add a zero to the number of their deaths and cases though, I agree) and possibly Italy now. Is the US going to be worse than those two...doubtful. I'd be surprised if US deaths surpass 100,000 which is a high total for the seasonal flu. But overall this thing is a major over-reaction.

Sadly I fear much of the media panic is partially driven by Trump-hate. But this is already backfiring as his approval is going up and eventually he'll lead the country to defeat the virus with ease, because it's really not that deadly. Yes, more contagious and deadly than the flu but we're still talking less than 1% mortality (once more testing adds more cases to the denominator) vs. 0.1% of the seasonal flu. The 70-yr olds and under and healthy have very little fear except a ravaged economy due to the panic and over-reaction.

BenQ W1070 / 120" AT screen / Volt-10LX Atmos build
post #111 of 119 Old 03-27-2020, 02:15 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 527
Quote:
Unfortunately, flattening the curve takes on a whole new meaning now. I much prefer the previous references to frequency response, Bl, and impedance graphs.

If they start calling up the National Guard, I'm heading for the hills. Lucky for you, it looks like you're already there and well-supplied.

"Rock and roll is alive and alright" Sloan
post #112 of 119 Old 03-27-2020, 02:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 728 Post(s)
Liked: 383
Man, WTF, I come here thinking you've built some new stuff but no, just more covid 19 bull****. ****ing tired of it.

- MIRAGE OM-C2 Center, MIRAGE M490 L/R, 4 jbl 8330a surr , 8 x jbl 12" subs w/Inuke 6000. JVC RS420, Denon x4000, Sony x800 -
Classix ii's + building Paul Carmody Sunflower Redux for 2 channel
post #113 of 119 Old 03-27-2020, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilkb View Post
Man, WTF, I come here thinking you've built some new stuff but no, just more covid 19 bull****. ****ing tired of it.
Your pain pales in comparison to mine... I'm only home for 15 days of the 365 days in a year!
15/365 = 95.9% unable to build stuff.

When I told everyone 4 months ago that it would probably be 6 months until the next window of opportunity, I wasn't joking...

During those 15 days off I feel so tired I can't even muster the energy to be in front of power tools. I have no time/energy for nothing.

The only way that is changing... is if I quit my job.
Which I probably should, since the pay is crap and the benefits are zero; and my strain is at maximum all day long.

Basically, the definition of a slave.
Prison would be better than my life, because then I'd at-least have lots of free time, while exerting no effort.
post #114 of 119 Old 03-29-2020, 08:48 AM - Thread Starter

We're in uncharted territories here!
COG was activated last night...
Here is your future:
Mass layoffs and deaths. Road shutdowns. Internet shutdowns? Power shutdowns?
Depending on crackdown levels this could even be my last post. Who knows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleNixon View Post
I'd be surprised if US deaths surpass 100,000
At current rate, projections show 10k by mid-april, 100k+ by May
What they want is Ultimately: Globally 400million, US 15million. Give or take...

One thing is guaranteed: you won't be bored for the rest of 2020.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	next.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	774.6 KB
ID:	2703092  
post #115 of 119 Old 03-29-2020, 09:26 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Uhhh, dude there is ALWAY an underlying plan for COG. It doesn't disappear. But if you are attempting to state that the prez is on AF1 and such ... really?!

As a physician I have been following this disease for months and have sought to awaken people to the seriousness (despite all of the downplaying by the .gov) and others claiming it is a hoax to further expand & centralize power. The reality of this is we are seeing how grossly incompetent large government becomes, how self-serving they are, and how bureaucrats are only concerned for their own welfare & careers.

We are approach a true nightmare, but we are not on DOUBLE SECRET PROBATION. Keep your cool, ignore the CDC (yes, masks DO HELP!!!), protect your own immune functioning and general health, and take care of others around you who are still somewhat clueless. Now, time to jump on my bike and enjoy some sunshine on this BEAUTIFUL Spring day! For those of you in NYC, Nawlins, Detroit, Chicago, or other large (and poorly managed!) cities, stay safe & be wise.

EDIT: one other thought - this virus is a godsend in the battle against globalism. Somehow it dawns on folks that maybe it isn't so incredibly wise to have 95% of your drugs manufactured in China. Consumer electronics, while not essential for life, used to be a thriving industry in this nation. Maybe, one day, we will get back to building stuff as opposed to just consuming and "servicing" people and objects.

EDIT #2 : reading some of your recent notes above, please STOP with factually incorrect information! This virus requires a VECTOR! Decontaminate upon arrival at home, clean things up you buy. All fine and good. But you seem to think that this virus will suddenly appear INSIDE YOUR HOME without anyone carrying it! Sure, wash your hands ... but do that for GENERAL HYGIENE! If you haven't gone into the outside world, and have done the right things LAST TIME you came home, you are safe! There is no Star Trek Corona Transporter! These infections pieces of organic material are not superman!

Is this infectious? ABSOLUTELY! It is easily communicated, and for a LIMITED number of people it produces a significant viral pneumonia. Usually with a viral pneumonia a secondary bacterial pneumonia sets in and THAT is what can kill. This is different in that the majority of path specimens are NOT showing bacterial pneumonia, but rather an EXTREME immunologic reaction that produces the worst effects. The likely reason why choloroquine is useful is the same reason it can be useful for people with Rheumatoid Arthritis. Colchicine, which is used sometime for gout and other diseases, seems to have some beneficial effect in some people as well. Measures to slow the cytokine storm are what is needed (the cytokines are mediators of the inflammatory response). The severe patients develop, in essence, an autoimmune reaction in their lungs. Now I am not an expert in infectious diseases, immunology, and virology, but this is a basic summary as I best understand this.

In places such as New Orleans it is devastating the hospitals. There is a doc who has written a good bit online, and what he said sounds much like what a doc out of Italy was writing a month ago.

NYC? My suggestion is to keep your eyes open for Snake Pliskin. He is going to be the only help there
DaleNixon and BassThatHz like this.

Last edited by MTBDOC; 03-29-2020 at 09:40 AM.
post #116 of 119 Old 03-29-2020, 10:15 AM

Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
At current rate, projections show 10k by mid-april, 100k+ by May
What they want is Ultimately: Globally 400million, US 15million. Give or take...

One thing is guaranteed: you won't be bored for the rest of 2020.
When has any media/government projection ever been correct? Fauci just projected 100K-200K US deaths and this guy has been gleefully negative during this whole thing. Predicted death rate 3.5% to 1.5% now. BTH, I know you are big into conspiracies, and I'm not as much but I bet we agree on one thing...the numbers from China are way too low.
BassThatHz likes this.

BenQ W1070 / 120" AT screen / Volt-10LX Atmos build
post #117 of 119 Old 03-31-2020, 06:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 728 Post(s)
Liked: 383
Oh, hes a conspirator. Makes sense now. Carry on about your regularly scheduled quarantined day!

- MIRAGE OM-C2 Center, MIRAGE M490 L/R, 4 jbl 8330a surr , 8 x jbl 12" subs w/Inuke 6000. JVC RS420, Denon x4000, Sony x800 -
Classix ii's + building Paul Carmody Sunflower Redux for 2 channel
post #118 of 119 Old 03-31-2020, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter

I've had pneumonia in the past, almost killed me, trust me it's no fun... especially when you are waking up gasping for breath every few seconds/minutes, and passing out from pure microsleep-exhaustion.

The closest approximation to it I can think of, is like being waterboarded 24/7 until recovery or toast.
It's gotta be the worst possible way to go, being burnt alive is better (because it's faster...)

and that wasn't even an engineered virus (we didn't have the technology back then... We do now!)

They mixed bat and rat influenza/SARS together to make this beast. Then released it in the open meat market, perfect cover.

They have to medically induce coma because just the lack of sleep alone would kill you after 7 days, let alone the panic attack of having a plastic tube jammed down ur throat 24-hours a day for 3 weeks!

It absolutely needs a carrier, be it a surface or a human or aerosoled nano-droplet water particles (which can travel 60ft and last for 2-4hours.) That's why the doctors are dying even will full garbs and handwashing!
In a highly-concentrated environment like that, all it takes is 1 slip up. You really DO need a Level-4 suit on (positive pressure suit, with air supply hose from a cleanroom!)

We are lucky this wasn't one of their MOAR-powerful biologics from their BSL-4 Mandark laboratory... This one was relatively tame!

Italy is starting to slow down (or at least not accelerate as-fast), the rest are still climbing, well on their way to match them.

(and in the case of the US, likely blow straight past them...)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cases2.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	2704084  

Last edited by BassThatHz; 03-31-2020 at 06:25 PM.
post #119 of 119 Old 04-01-2020, 09:31 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
I've had pneumonia in the past, almost killed me, trust me it's no fun... especially when you are waking up gasping for breath every few seconds/minutes, and passing out from pure microsleep-exhaustion.

The closest approximation to it I can think of, is like being waterboarded 24/7 until recovery or toast.
It's gotta be the worst possible way to go, being burnt alive is better (because it's faster...)

and that wasn't even an engineered virus (we didn't have the technology back then... We do now!)

They mixed bat and rat influenza/SARS together to make this beast. Then released it in the open meat market, perfect cover.

They have to medically induce coma because just the lack of sleep alone would kill you after 7 days, let alone the panic attack of having a plastic tube jammed down ur throat 24-hours a day for 3 weeks!

It absolutely needs a carrier, be it a surface or a human or aerosoled nano-droplet water particles (which can travel 60ft and last for 2-4hours.) That's why the doctors are dying even will full garbs and handwashing!
In a highly-concentrated environment like that, all it takes is 1 slip up. You really DO need a Level-4 suit on (positive pressure suit, with air supply hose from a cleanroom!)

We are lucky this wasn't one of their MOAR-powerful biologics from their BSL-4 Mandark laboratory... This one was relatively tame!

Italy is starting to slow down (or at least not accelerate as-fast), the rest are still climbing, well on their way to match them.

(and in the case of the US, likely blow straight past them...)
This came from the lab, no doubt. But likely an accidental release. They have had 4 admitted leaks in the past. And they LIE, of course! Sort of like over-stating wattage on our amplifiers Believe the CURRENT numbers out of China? Ha, not likely.

The idea of 60' radius is unrealistic. This isn't helpful to people. What is really needed is an understanding of vulnerability, outside of smoking & autoimmune diseases. Not just who needs a vent, but what are the differing factors in who becomes clinically sick and who doesn't. I think it comes down to RR (relative risk) for a whole list of factors. Do what you can to lower your risk. WEAR A MASK when you are around people. Wipe things down with disinfectant. Be AWARE of what others are doing. That should keep the vast majority of people safe. Yes, healthcare workers with sick patients cannot control every variable. The rest of you can control the vast majority of your exposure & physical vulnerabilities.

Be safe, be wise.

I have applied for a Federal Grant to explore a new anti-Coronavirus weapon. It's called the Devastator. Shouldn't be hard to sneak it by the people passing out the money!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page