Absolute confusion on iNuke Bridge mode to two subwoofers - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Jk7.2
  • 1 Post By smcmillan2

post #1 of 7 Old 05-23-2019, 04:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Absolute confusion on iNuke Bridge mode to two subwoofers

Hey guys, I'm new to speakon cables and connections and what needs to be done in order to achieve wiring up a 4 ohm load.

-I have the inuke 1000dsp -I have two seperate subwoofers, they are 8 ohms each and have a speakon connection. Model Dayton PA460-8

I want to wire them in bridge mode. To accomplish this they need to be wired in parallel and connect to output A of the amp. This will give me a 4 ohm load and each sub would recieve 500w

From what info I have this is the cable I would make

https://www.avsforum.com/photopost/d...ysplitter5.png

And wire the red to 1+ and the black to 2+ as per the settings on the back of the amp

Am I missing anything? Am I over complicating things ? does the cable need to be a 4 pole in bridge? how do i wire this up? any diagrams? much apprecaited.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-23-2019, 05:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 818 Post(s)
Liked: 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Corcoran View Post
Hey guys, I'm new to speakon cables and connections and what needs to be done in order to achieve wiring up a 4 ohm load.

-I have the inuke 1000dsp -I have two seperate subwoofers, they are 8 ohms each and have a speakon connection. Model Dayton PA460-8

I want to wire them in bridge mode. To accomplish this they need to be wired in parallel and connect to output A of the amp. This will give me a 4 ohm load and each sub would recieve 500w

Not quite, would be more like ~350 watts each IIRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Corcoran

And wire the red to 1+ and the black to 2+ as per the settings on the back of the amp

Am I missing anything? Am I over complicating things ? does the cable need to be a 4 pole in bridge? how do i wire this up? any diagrams? much apprecaited.

That cable would work. You could also put 2 NL4MPRs on one box, one as input and the other as output to the 2nd sub, wired in parallel. You do need 4 pole SpeakOn connectors, not wire.

Sub builds: Yet another Infinity 1260 build | Twins! | Modified V.B.S.S. build | UM12-22 builds | AV stand and sealed UM18s

Speaker builds: DIYSG HTM-10 build | DIYSG Volt-6 build | DIYSG Fusion-8 builds
post #3 of 7 Old 05-23-2019, 06:25 AM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 138
To clarify, you need the 4 pole Speakon for the amp side only. You can use two pole if you wish at the speakers. Another option would be to use 4 conductor wire and combine the + & - for the speakon at the amp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 05-23-2019, 06:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarkoff500 View Post
Another option would be to use 4 conductor wire and combine the + & - for the speakon at the amp.

Do you cut strands from each to accomplish that? I have a tough enough time getting single 12Ga into some of the SpeakOns I've used, can't imagine multiples of any gauge.

Sub builds: Yet another Infinity 1260 build | Twins! | Modified V.B.S.S. build | UM12-22 builds | AV stand and sealed UM18s

post #5 of 7 Old 05-23-2019, 07:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 1412 Post(s)
Liked: 2585
Quote:
Originally Posted by smcmillan2 View Post
Do you cut strands from each to accomplish that? I have a tough enough time getting single 12Ga into some of the SpeakOns I've used, can't imagine multiples of any gauge.

Yes. I cut about 1/2 the strands off each 12awg wire end when I wire speakons like this.
smcmillan2 likes this.
post #6 of 7 Old 05-23-2019, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:

Ok so Just to get some final questions out of the way and a conformation before I go ahead and buy/make everything I need

1) I need a 4 pole speakon connector that connects to the AMP SIDE ONLY - I can use only a 2 conductor wire ( why do some forums say people need to use a 4 conductor ? )

2) as per the back of the nu1000 ( it says bridge mode is 1+ positive, and 2+ negative ) I connect the red wire, to the 1+ connecting lug on the 4 pole connector. I connect the black wire to the 2+ connecting lug on the connector.

3 I can then wire up the cable as shown in the picture and terminate both sides with a 2 pole speakon connector. I match the red/black on the two pole connector to match where the red/black is connected on the female speakon on each subwoofer ( so if red is +1 and black is -1 in the subwoofer, I would connect the red/black the same way on each end of the 2 pole connectors that go into the subs ).

does this cover everything? my confusion is why I needed a 4 pole connector if I only use two wires on the amp side. I 100% dont need a 4 conductor wire? why are they used in some builds if most subs only have 2 connections?
post #7 of 7 Old 05-23-2019, 03:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Ok so Just to get some final questions out of the way and a conformation before I go ahead and buy/make everything I need

1) I need a 4 pole speakon connector that connects to the AMP SIDE ONLY - I can use only a 2 conductor wire ( why do some forums say people need to use a 4 conductor ? )
I always get 4 pole all the way around. They are minimally (if at all) more expensive, and will leave your options open down the road should your wiring needs change.

Quote:
2) as per the back of the nu1000 ( it says bridge mode is 1+ positive, and 2+ negative ) I connect the red wire, to the 1+ connecting lug on the 4 pole connector. I connect the black wire to the 2+ connecting lug on the connector.
Correct.

Quote:
3 I can then wire up the cable as shown in the picture and terminate both sides with a 2 pole speakon connector. I match the red/black on the two pole connector to match where the red/black is connected on the female speakon on each subwoofer ( so if red is +1 and black is -1 in the subwoofer, I would connect the red/black the same way on each end of the 2 pole connectors that go into the subs ).

Also correct.

Quote:
does this cover everything? my confusion is why I needed a 4 pole connector if I only use two wires on the amp side. I 100% dont need a 4 conductor wire? why are they used in some builds if most subs only have 2 connections?
You need a 4 pole connector on the amp side, otherwise you don't have lugs +/-2

Re: 4 conductor wire - Don't know, I haven't seen anyone recommend that for this type of wiring, and I can't think of any reason it would be needed.
Jk7.2 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page