Amplifier for Marty Cube with Dayton Audio UM 18-22 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By BCRSS
  • 1 Post By Zarkoff500
  • 1 Post By Zarkoff500
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 05-25-2019, 06:34 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Amplifier for Marty Cube with Dayton Audio UM 18-22

What is a good option for a Marty Cube with Dayton Audio UM 18-22 ?
  • Crown XTi 2002
  • Crown XLS2502
  • Behringer NU3000 iNuke

Or any other option? I am planning to use a miniDSP for even an amp without DSP would be ok (?).

Please let me know based on your experience.
BeeCR is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 Old 05-25-2019, 07:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BCRSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: TX
Posts: 1,139
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 491 Post(s)
Liked: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeCR View Post
What is a good option for a Marty Cube with Dayton Audio UM 18-22 ?
  • Crown XTi 2002
  • Crown XLS2502
  • Behringer NU3000 iNuke
Or any other option? I am planning to use a miniDSP for even an amp without DSP would be ok (?).

Please let me know based on your experience.
If it were me I would get the NX6000. Better to have extra power, so when you decide to go with another Marty you have the needed wattage to use. Otherwise if your plans never exceed the 1 Marty any of the above would suffice.


Getting a miniDSP for just 1 sub might not be the right choice. Better off with a amp with dsp then.
BeeCR likes this.


BCRSS is offline  
post #3 of 6 Old 05-25-2019, 08:23 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCRSS View Post
If it were me I would get the NX6000. Better to have extra power, so when you decide to go with another Marty you have the needed wattage to use. Otherwise if your plans never exceed the 1 Marty any of the above would suffice.


Getting a miniDSP for just 1 sub might not be the right choice. Better off with a amp with dsp then.


I may go for another one in the future. So yeah 6000 will be a better option. I will think about it

Also, I have a svs pb2000. That is why I thought getting a miniDSP will be a good idea. I may decide to sell pb2000 if the Marty cube is so overwhelming and it doesn’t make much of a value add to the whole setup.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BeeCR is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 6 Old 05-26-2019, 10:45 AM
Senior Member
 
Zarkoff500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Seattle
Posts: 446
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 138
I am currently using a 3000DSP for my UM18 Marty Cube in bridged mode with the limiter set at about 1200 watts. I am using the inuke for DSP at this point though have a MiniDSP 2x4 HD as well. Two MC's with about 450-600 watts off each channel of the 3000DSP would be decent in a medium-smaller room but the 6000 will give you full potential.
BeeCR likes this.
Zarkoff500 is offline  
post #5 of 6 Old 05-26-2019, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarkoff500 View Post
I am currently using a 3000DSP for my UM18 Marty Cube in bridged mode with the limiter set at about 1200 watts. I am using the inuke for DSP at this point though have a MiniDSP 2x4 HD as well. Two MC's with about 450-600 watts off each channel of the 3000DSP would be decent in a medium-smaller room but the 6000 will give you full potential.


Thanks for the information. My room is medium/big size (14x30x12). So and I am currently planning to run one MC. May decide to go for one more. So good to know that you are running 2 MC with one iNuke 3000.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BeeCR is offline  
post #6 of 6 Old 05-26-2019, 12:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Zarkoff500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Seattle
Posts: 446
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeCR View Post
Thanks for the information. My room is medium/big size (14x30x12). So and I am currently planning to run one MC. May decide to go for one more. So good to know that you are running 2 MC with one iNuke 3000.

To clarify, I am only running on MC in about 2000 cft open floor plan. Also, I believe your room would be considered large at more than 5000 CFT so two would fill the space better depending on your listening volumes.
BeeCR likes this.
Zarkoff500 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off