Matching L/R for Fusion Tempest 12’s - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 06-03-2019, 09:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Matching L/R for Fusion Tempest 12’s

A handful of years ago I bought/built a Fusion Tempest 12 for a center channel with the intent on building L/R shortly after. That never happened. We’re moving into a new house and I’m looking to build matching LR to replace the current towers I have). What would the community recommend for the closest match? HTM-12? HT-12? They appear extremely similar.

Our usage is primarily movies/tv with little music. I’ll be looking to build a pair of MicroMartys or IB for bass, but for now I’m looking for guidance.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 06-03-2019, 09:57 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Where are you from.
post #3 of 12 Old 06-03-2019, 10:35 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have 2 blank front baffles that I ordered from Erich a while back. I had 2 tempests and I planned on rebuilding that boxes to give them a fresh look. I ended up selling the tempests but still have the baffles. If you are interested, please let me know, i have no use for them. They are unopened.

You can still purchase the woofer from parts express but the compression driver is out of stock. Apparently there is a clone to the one used in the tempest on parts express website. B&C Speakers (DE250TN) Its damn near identical.

Im sure you could possibly piece mill it all together. Just throwing it out there.

Last edited by Rickreagan120; 06-03-2019 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Wrong link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 06-03-2019, 11:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 294 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1852 Post(s)
Liked: 2659
I have all parts for the Fusion-12, but probably no baffles left. The designer originally tried the DE250 and liked the DNA-360 better. The B&C250TN wouldn't sound the same and it uses a titanium diaphragm.

post #5 of 12 Old 06-03-2019, 11:34 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calmconfused View Post
A handful of years ago I bought/built a Fusion Tempest 12 for a center channel with the intent on building L/R shortly after. That never happened. We’re moving into a new house and I’m looking to build matching LR to replace the current towers I have). What would the community recommend for the closest match? HTM-12? HT-12? They appear extremely similar.

Our usage is primarily movies/tv with little music. I’ll be looking to build a pair of MicroMartys or IB for bass, but for now I’m looking for guidance.

Thanks!
Depending on where you are located, I'll be selling a pair as soon as the Titan's are back in stock. I have them for L/R and a Fusion 8 center as well.
post #6 of 12 Old 06-03-2019, 07:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich H View Post
I have all parts for the Fusion-12, but probably no baffles left. The designer originally tried the DE250 and liked the DNA-360 better. The B&C250TN wouldn't sound the same and it uses a titanium diaphragm.
Erich H how much for a 2 kits without the baffles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickreagan120 View Post
I have 2 blank front baffles that I ordered from Erich a while back. I had 2 tempests and I planned on rebuilding that boxes to give them a fresh look. I ended up selling the tempests but still have the baffles. If you are interested, please let me know, i have no use for them. They are unopened...

Rickreagan120 assuming Erich's kits w/o the baffles aren't crazy expensive, how much for you to part with them?

Kpilk Jedi940 I'm in the upper midwest (SD).
post #7 of 12 Old 06-03-2019, 07:25 PM

Quote:

Kpilk Jedi940 I'm in the upper midwest (SD).
SD? So sorry. (JK...spent some time in Madison growing up). Sounds like you're going to be able to piece together some kits which would be better than trying to mix n match with something else. Good luck.
post #8 of 12 Old 06-04-2019, 04:07 AM

[QUOTE=Calmconfused;58137356]Erich H how much for a 2 kits without the baffles?

Rickreagan120 assuming Erich's kits w/o the baffles aren't crazy expensive, how much for you to part with them?

I purchased them for 42$ from Erich, that included shipping. I'll cut you a "deal" and just make it 40$ (shipped) to sweeten the pot. They're all boxed up and ready to rock. I could shoot you a pic of the box and a screenshot of the invoice if you would like.
post #9 of 12 Old 06-04-2019, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpilk View Post
SD? So sorry. (JK...spent some time in Madison growing up). Sounds like you're going to be able to piece together some kits which would be better than trying to mix n match with something else. Good luck.

In Madison? I'm sorry for your loss (kidding). Yea, hopefully the mix/match works out, if not I'll be in touch!

Quote:
I purchased them for 42$ from Erich, that included shipping. I'll cut you a "deal" and just make it 40$ (shipped) to sweeten the pot. They're all boxed up and ready to rock. I could shoot you a pic of the box and a screenshot of the invoice if you would like.
As long as Erich will work with me on the kits, you have a deal.
post #10 of 12 Old 06-04-2019, 12:34 PM

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 86
This thread, so satisfying how its coming together.

--
Epson 2030 - Denon X1300W - Eosone RSF 1000 - Eosone RSC 300 - Eosone RSF 600 - Micca M-8C for ATMOS - 2 @ VBSS End Tables
DIY 110" AT Screen
post #11 of 12 Old 06-04-2019, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevchance View Post
This thread, so satisfying how its coming together.
Lots of love in the air for sure.
post #12 of 12 Old 07-12-2019, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpilk View Post

In Madison? I'm sorry for your loss (kidding). Yea, hopefully the mix/match works out, if not I'll be in touch!

Quote:
As long as Erich will work with me on the kits, you have a deal.
Did you ever decide if you were going to build the kits? I saw another post where someone is looking for some tempests. I was going to offer up the baffles if you weren't interested anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page