AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   DIY Speakers and Subs (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-diy-speakers-subs/)
-   -   Parts Express B&C product giveaway (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-diy-speakers-subs/3073942-parts-express-b-c-product-giveaway.html)

ClevelandFreeman 06-17-2019 08:34 PM

Parts Express B&C product giveaway

Michael Rodriguez 06-17-2019 08:48 PM

Cool! Looks like some nice stuff.

ClevelandFreeman 06-17-2019 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Rodriguez (Post 58195362)
Cool! Looks like some nice stuff.

I know right? I might build a nice stereo set for my room.

Michael Rodriguez 06-17-2019 09:08 PM

I haven't heard of any kits that work with this driver combo. I don't know much about design either.

Do you think that you can use the vented recommendation tuned to 53hz in a two way with the horn and a good L-pad?

Maybe you can play around in Xsim for a while and see where it gets you. I don't know what order of crossover you would need.

scottvalentin 06-19-2019 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandFreeman (Post 58195318)

Wow that is awesome - those look like some excellent drivers!

The good news is they were free!
The bad news is that you will need to be able to build the boxes and then measure them to start a crossover design. Just an L-pad on the horn is not going to work well.

Do you have a UMIK-1 or other microphone? Any experience doing crossovers before? You could do an active system which is slightly easier than a passive crossover but you still need to be able to measure the driver responses in box, plus you will need 4 channels of amplification.

Sweet win!

ClevelandFreeman 06-23-2019 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottvalentin (Post 58200852)
Wow that is awesome - those look like some excellent drivers!

The good news is they were free!
The bad news is that you will need to be able to build the boxes and then measure them to start a crossover design. Just an L-pad on the horn is not going to work well.

Do you have a UMIK-1 or other microphone? Any experience doing crossovers before? You could do an active system which is slightly easier than a passive crossover but you still need to be able to measure the driver responses in box, plus you will need 4 channels of amplification.

Sweet win!

The only crossover experience that I are with active ones, ie miniDSP. I do have a UMIK-1. I am trying to see if I can use a miniDSP balanced 2 X 4. I have built boxes before but only for subwoofers. I have never built one for a full range speaker before. The problem with an active setup is, like you said, I will need 4 channels of amplification.

I might try to find a passive crossover that will work, in that case I will only need a 2 channel amp.

I am currently trying to find some kind of software to help me design the box.

Samps 06-24-2019 06:24 AM

I think B&C has generic crossovers that might work ok. Look for the 1200hz xo. They’re a little bit expensive though.

kagtha 06-24-2019 01:53 PM

Woooooweeee!

Lucky duck!

That compression driver is the tits!

But so is the "14"!

Congratulations.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

ClevelandFreeman 06-24-2019 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samps (Post 58220626)
I think B&C has generic crossovers that might work ok. Look for the 1200hz xo. They’re a little bit expensive though.

Thanks, I'll see if I can find them.

ClevelandFreeman 06-24-2019 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kagtha (Post 58222318)
Woooooweeee!

Lucky duck!

That compression driver is the tits!

But so is the "14"!

Congratulations.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Thanks dude. I am so excited.

ClevelandFreeman 08-13-2019 08:08 PM

13 Attachment(s)
Finally closed on my house and had the speakers shipped. They are finally here. I don't know if I will have time to build these though....