Possible 1099/Volt-10 build
I am pretty sure I want to go DIY for my bedroom 7.2.4 setup. My main goal is watching movies (probably 95% / 5% video games and music). I have been reading about the diysg 1099s and Volt 10s. I would really appreciate some feedback on my proposed plan. I have uploaded a couple sketchup screenshots. The room I want to watch movies in is a 14' x 14' bedroom that I may remove the bed and desk from in the future when people move out of the house. The components will go in a walk in closet attached to the bedroom. I have wanted an atmos setup for years. I just bought an lg 65" OLED and a Denon x4500h is on the way. I also ordered a AudioSource AMP100VS to allow me to use the 2 extra un-amped channels on the receiver (so I will have 11.2). Also on the way is 2 Seatcraft Equinox seats. I was thinking of putting casters on the seats to be able to roll them to the one side or the other when not in movie mode. All the speakers in the sketchup are placed at the Dolby recommended angles (well, at least what I think are the recommended angles). The L/R are 26°, the L/R Surrounds are at 90°, the L/R Rear Surrounds are at ~142°, the in-ceiling atmos are in line with the L/R fronts and are 45° from the listener position (when looking at the side view).
I have some questions that I would love to get answered and/or general feedback:
1) Am I crazy to stuff all this in a 14' x 14' space that has a full bed and a desk. So, is 7.2.4 going to sound good in this space?
2) Are the 1099s/Volt-10s a good choice for me? I considered Alchemy (fusion) 8s for L/R/C and Volt-6s for surround/atmos, I am ok with having overkill if the sound will be better with the 1099s/Volt10s. At some point I may even tear down the wall to the adjacent bedroom and build a real home theater like some of you guys have. I am jealous as hell!
3) Speaker height - I think I have been reading that the Left/Right/Center and surround speakers should be at ear level (the tweeter horn on the 1099s), is that correct? If so, should I raise my TV so the center can be at ear level. I wanted the TV to be centered at eye level which would put the center 1099 lower than ear level. I was thinking of having all the floor speakers at ear level except the center which would be slightly lower. If this would work, should I angle the center up a bit to point it towards ear level?
4) Volt-10 surrounds. Is it ok to mount them in the walls/ceilings without enclosures? If so, does anyone know how deep the speaker alone is? Would it fit in a 3.5 inch wall?
5) Should the rear surrounds be angled or are the volts ok to mount flat on/in the wall since they have uniform off-axis performance?
6) The Left Surround by the window - would it be ok to lower that one below the window so I could mount it in the wall and not block the window? If not, I can put it on a stand.
If this all looks good to you guys, I will be patiently waiting for the 1099s to come back in stock. In the meantime I will order the Volts and use my current Polks for L/R/C.
Thanks in advance!