AVS Forum banner

HTM-8 and sealed UM18 builds (and more)

6K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Ryan-x 
#1 ·
Not going to bore you with the details (you've seen countless similar builds already), just thought I would post a couple pics in case it might give someone else ideas.

Point of this build was to accommodate an HTM-8 as center to go with the HTM-10s. And while measuring for the new A/V stand I was building (and due to the PE sale a couple of months ago) I figured I could cram a couple 5cuft sealed subs on each end.

Before (prior to Fusion-8 center build):

After:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Extra Cool

What is your feeling about the center channel being lower than the LR?

#3 ·
Extra Cool
Thanks! Been wanting to do something with the old setup for awhile.

johnson636 said:
What is your feeling about the center channel being lower than the LR?
With the CD/WG about where the old center was, and the HTM-8 tipped to point to ear level at the MLP I haven't noticed any ill effects. It's probably not as ideal as on the same level, but I have no issues with it.

#8 ·
This is my favorite part! We often talk about refrigerator sized sub cabs. It’s nice to see a refrigerator sized...... refrigerator!

But honestly, nice work!
Thanks Jared! Have to keep those cold ones handy... ;)

#7 ·
maybe it's just me . .

the convenience of the fridge that close, no doubt handy in moments of reduced capacity and mobility

but the extra noise it adds, while easily negated / drubbed into being of no consequence, ,
will still be there

properly locating 2 reefers so that the combine output creates a null at the mlp could make sense

#9 ·
I thought the fridge may be a problem too. I have taken measurements with the fridge where it sits in the pictures, and removed from the room and they were nearly identical. I have not taken those measurements since the new AV stand/subs were introduced, will have to do that and see what effect it has, if any.

Our living room has a pretty high noise floor as it is, we barely notice it when the fridge is on.

#12 ·
Everything makes noise now. Might have to Super Glue things to the shelves! :D

Glad you got something out of my 1260 thread(s). They are capable subs, but this damn rabbit hole always leaves me wanting MOAR!!

#13 ·
Very nice. I love the wood/finish on the HTM-10's. I hope to be building a couple pair of HTM-8's soon, which will eventually be used for main level surround in my home theater and either HTM-12's or Aggressive 1299's for the LCR. GO BLUE! Although I have a feeling this is going to be a rough season.

#16 · (Edited)
For college football and March Madness. Mostly for college football. A pic as I was just finishing the build:

ETA: More recent pic:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.