• 1 Post By asarose247
  • 1 Post By dsmrider07

post #1 of 13 Old 08-30-2019, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Marty Cube Phoenix area buy

Anyone interested in splitting a Marty Pack(Full or Mini) buy/freight from GSG in phoenix? Ive got wood in my garage for a DIY Build that I'm too lazy to cut lol....

HT: JVC DLA-X3 / Marantz 7703 / B&K 125.7 / Parasound A21 - HTPC / Oppo UDP-203 / ATV 4K - Zaph Audio ZRT 2.5 / Speakercraft Tantra / DefTech / JL Audio Fathom F110 / REL R505 [5.4.2 Setup]
2 CH System - Hand built Twisted Pear Buffalo II w/ RPi - moOde Source via I2S
Cans - MD Cavalli Liquid Carbon X / Cavalli Tube Hybrid - Acopian PSUs - Focal Elex / Senn HD 6xx / AKG 7xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 08-30-2019, 03:10 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 165
It's too hot to cut out in PHX! Need a few months.
post #3 of 13 Old 08-30-2019, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

seriously this august has been brutal...that's why I'm getting antsy... I figure I'll use that wood for a second build

HT: JVC DLA-X3 / Marantz 7703 / B&K 125.7 / Parasound A21 - HTPC / Oppo UDP-203 / ATV 4K - Zaph Audio ZRT 2.5 / Speakercraft Tantra / DefTech / JL Audio Fathom F110 / REL R505 [5.4.2 Setup]
Cans - MD Cavalli Liquid Carbon X / Cavalli Tube Hybrid - Acopian PSUs - Focal Elex / Senn HD 6xx / AKG 7xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 08-31-2019, 10:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1248 Post(s)
Liked: 1092
'It's too hot to cut out in PHX!"

how beautifully, fantastically , unbelievably ironic (?!?). . .

The Marty design originated as a "minimally tool endowed" construct,
using pre-cut handi panels from HD, wherever

except for a few straight short cuts on easily managed panels and the driver cut-out ,
even the bracing could be done using 1x3's - just cut to length . .
a straight edge and a saber saw . . .

the problem may not be the heat . . . .JS

and

JK

having built a few boxes for myself and others
and also had my DOH! moments of revelation with the genius of flatpacks,

DUDE!
REALLY?

but . . . you'll love 'em when they are dialed in . .

DIY FAN Denon X4400 , ATI A 2000 for 7.4.6 SCATMOS Sammy 82" 4K/HDR
L/R: Fusion 15 V2 , C: 88 Special , SL/SR: 88 Special(V2) , RL/RR: F-3, TF/TR: Volt 6's TM: SLX, FH: F4Q4
SUBMAXIMUS V2, ,Submaximus V3,LOWARHORNCustom Dual Driver VBSS,2 x 6000DSP
post #5 of 13 Old 08-31-2019, 11:11 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 171
You will not be disappointed with GSG, great folks to deal with, before, during, and after the sale. Just a thought. Look at the price of two vs four. Then add in shipping (close to same price for two vs four). You’ll realize the price of the extra two is ridiculously cheap.

I bought four intending to then list two for sale and let them sell whenever they sold. Then, after two were built and working I wondered, how much better would two more sound? So, I built the other two (and they all sound great together and really evened out my bass-sucking freak room).

Asarose is absolutely right, marty’s are an easy build from scratch. The issue for me is that I love putting stuff together but hate cutting mdf. My from-scratch builds require frustrating re-cutting, material removal, gap filling, and endless bracing sizing and resizing. GSG is all the fun parts of building a sub with none of the frustration! It fits to the millimeter the first time, every time.
asarose247 likes this.

SPEAKERS: 3 x DIYSG 1099's LCR; DIYSG HTM 6's and 8's surround; 4 x RSL C34E's atmos.
SUBS: 4 x UM18-22 Mini Marty's (and always building, currently working on Devastators).
SIGNAL CHAIN: Denon X4400; Minidsp 2x4 HD; 2 x Jensen Iso Sub 2RX; 2 x NX6000d.
post #6 of 13 Old 08-31-2019, 12:31 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by asarose247 View Post
'It's too hot to cut out in PHX!"

how beautifully, fantastically , unbelievably ironic (?!?). . .

The Marty design originated as a "minimally tool endowed" construct,
using pre-cut handi panels from HD, wherever

except for a few straight short cuts on easily managed panels and the driver cut-out ,
even the bracing could be done using 1x3's - just cut to length . .
a straight edge and a saber saw . . .

the problem may not be the heat . . . .JS

and

JK

having built a few boxes for myself and others
and also had my DOH! moments of revelation with the genius of flatpacks,

DUDE!
REALLY?

but . . . you'll love 'em when they are dialed in . .
Not sure how that's ironic, I don't want to do anything outside in the PHX summer. I don't even go in the pool during the day. Low humidity and temps in the 115* range, never mind what it is above concrete isn't a fun time to do projects outside of any type. Should start being more reasonable soon, but if you set up some saw horses and get to work you're more likely to end up in the ER than with a finished product. It's okay, we'll be celebrating with all sorts of outdoor activities through the late fall through spring months.

I am not interested in marty's, I have my own designs, just understanding of the OP not wanting to do anything outside this time of year! It's ferocious!

Chris
post #7 of 13 Old 08-31-2019, 12:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1248 Post(s)
Liked: 1092
^
total agreement

even now in OC , power this thing down and GET OUT!
Chris Popovich likes this.

DIY FAN Denon X4400 , ATI A 2000 for 7.4.6 SCATMOS Sammy 82" 4K/HDR
L/R: Fusion 15 V2 , C: 88 Special , SL/SR: 88 Special(V2) , RL/RR: F-3, TF/TR: Volt 6's TM: SLX, FH: F4Q4
SUBMAXIMUS V2, ,Submaximus V3,LOWARHORNCustom Dual Driver VBSS,2 x 6000DSP
post #8 of 13 Old 09-03-2019, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdogx View Post
You will not be disappointed with GSG, great folks to deal with, before, during, and after the sale. Just a thought. Look at the price of two vs four. Then add in shipping (close to same price for two vs four). You’ll realize the price of the extra two is ridiculously cheap.

I bought four intending to then list two for sale and let them sell whenever they sold. Then, after two were built and working I wondered, how much better would two more sound? So, I built the other two (and they all sound great together and really evened out my bass-sucking freak room).

Asarose is absolutely right, marty’s are an easy build from scratch. The issue for me is that I love putting stuff together but hate cutting mdf. My from-scratch builds require frustrating re-cutting, material removal, gap filling, and endless bracing sizing and resizing. GSG is all the fun parts of building a sub with none of the frustration! It fits to the millimeter the first time, every time.

Yeah I'm definitely thinking of doing at least two ... I'll probably just buy the 4 pack of Mini's and try and craigslist two of them.

post #9 of 13 Old 09-06-2019, 08:19 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaLo6 View Post
Yeah I'm definitely thinking of doing at least two ... I'll probably just buy the 4 pack of Mini's and try and craigslist two of them.
I am in Peoria and saw this thread but having a hard time "Pulling the trigger" so to speak. the WAF factor of my 5 1099's and two HSU 15's seems maxed. Curious if you were going with the
NX3000D and 18 ULM-18 combo? I have a gallon of Duratex sitting here waiting for some subwoofers. I know this doesnt help having a wishy washy guy posting but just thinking about it,I could tip at any
minute.
post #10 of 13 Old 09-07-2019, 03:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullhorn View Post
I am in Peoria and saw this thread but having a hard time "Pulling the trigger" so to speak. the WAF factor of my 5 1099's and two HSU 15's seems maxed. Curious if you were going with the
NX3000D and 18 ULM-18 combo? I have a gallon of Duratex sitting here waiting for some subwoofers. I know this doesnt help having a wishy washy guy posting but just thinking about it,I could tip at any
minute.

I'm planning on ordering Monday/Tuesday of next week. I'm getting two full martys and two mini marty's, right now, I'm planning on using the two fulls, PM me and ill shoot you my phone if you are interested... probably around $250 a piece delivered to my house. I'm planning on using a Crown XLS 1002 since I already have it and the UM-18. Might add a miniDSP in the chain to handle crossover/DSP duties...

post #11 of 13 Old 09-22-2019, 10:26 PM - Thread Starter

If anyone is interested I've got two Mini-Martys for $250 each in PHX for pickup

post #12 of 13 Old 09-27-2019, 04:47 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
I'm just here because its cool theres people on this forum in the Phx area!! I'm located in Glendale
SuperFist likes this.
post #13 of 13 Old 09-27-2019, 11:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 264
@dsmrider07 I’m local as well. 😎
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version