AVS Forum banner

Has anyone ever wall mounted a pair of 1099s?

1K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  tarponater 
#1 ·
#2 ·
For flat against the wall, french cleats.

If you need to hold them off the wall, or toe in/out, your best bet is probably a TV wall mount rated for 80+ lbs.

#3 ·
Just curious if anyone has ever done this. I have previously wall mounted some pretty big speakers with some Omnimounts, but they only go up to 25 lbs.

https://www.omnimount.com/products/...speaker_mounts/stainless_steel_series/25.0_W/

I’d build a custom French cleat out of wood attached to at least one stud.

Here’s another version in metal

https://www.govart.com/cleat-flare-...O9yGg-hFKKwxUMftflFLjJpTCllG_LroaAq8NEALw_wcB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
HurricaneDitka,

I've never wall mounted 1099's, but I have wall mounted a pair of 1299's in my garage. I built an angled shelf for them - they tilt forward at about a 13 degree angle. I have them tethered at the top to studs in the wall so they won't fall and crush anyone. I opted to mount them upside down so the waveguide is at ear level for me.

Dave

Attachments

#6 ·
+1 for the full motion mount

#7 ·
DIYSG list a full 1099 as weighing in at about 70#

in the pic, these are good for up to 55-ish but have exceptional reach, 28", iirc

"You gonna need a bigger mount"

Attachments

#21 ·
It's been a long time since I asked this question, but I am finally finishing the room. I decided to make French cleats that are slightly angled in. Since the studs weren't exactly where I wanted them, I put panels of 1/2" MDF on the walls and they are anchored in 12 places each. Tomorrow I will paint them to match the walls. This should have no problem holding the weight of the 1099s.

In case you are wondering, the floor is white because carpet is going in tomorrow and the subfloor has a layer of Kilz primer on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.