Ported full range Mains with Ported subs - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 39 Old 11-07-2019, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigus View Post
i gave you the "solution" in the first response to your question. What else do you need to know?

thanks bro!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 Old 11-07-2019, 04:31 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2144 Post(s)
Liked: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotgg View Post
Yes it is believe it or not lol

On the bright side, you can still participate in the forums when you're deaf.

Noah
post #33 of 39 Old 11-07-2019, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah katz View Post
On the bright side, you can still participate in the forums when you're deaf.

Yes lets hope we reach those levels!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191107_184912.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	627.3 KB
ID:	2637904  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 39 Old 11-11-2019, 12:43 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
I am building some two channel music setup. We want to run full range mains ports tuned to around 40hz-32hz with some ported subs tuned to 20hz-27hz ish will this be a problem. There will be hi pass filter on mains at tune same with subs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
I wouldn't say you'll necessarily hit a problem with your idea, but I do think there are more efficient and better sounding ways to approach a two channel setup than that approach.
Quote:
Who am I arguing with? Several people in this thread have went way off topic. We usually build sealed mains with ported subs. I was going to venture down a new road and use multiple ported speakers. My questions were pretty straight forward and of course I know we can use smaller drivers etc. These are for two channel music only they must be very large! The horn we are using is 42"x29". How do you think it would look if we put cpl 7" drivers next to that horn. Again I am seeking solutions not arguments.
You were not looking for any solutions, unless I am misinterpreting your post, as you were simply asking if you had a problem. You also only asked a single grammatically erroneous question, not multiple straight forward questions as you seem to believe. Several people posted their points of view to help you out. I don't think any post went "way off topic".

For what it's worth, I don't care if there is a couple 7" drivers next to a giant horn. It's a speaker, not a projector screen. Just needs to do it's job, which has nothing to do with appearances for my usage
post #35 of 39 Old 11-12-2019, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
You were not looking for any solutions, unless I am misinterpreting your post, as you were simply asking if you had a problem. You also only asked a single grammatically erroneous question, not multiple straight forward questions as you seem to believe. Several people posted their points of view to help you out. I don't think any post went "way off topic".

For what it's worth, I don't care if there is a couple 7" drivers next to a giant horn. It's a speaker, not a projector screen. Just needs to do it's job, which has nothing to do with appearances for my usage
I only asked one simple question is right. Will two ported speaker with the given tune work together. That is all that I was looking for advice on. I am not looking for what "someone" would do or "there are better solutions for X". Of course there are better solutions out there I own a bunch of them. These are for a very specific application where looks are just as important as the sound. That is why these drivers and horn were chosen. I am with you guys about I don't care how my speakers look just how they preform but I can assure you the rest of the world is not that way.
post #36 of 39 Old 11-12-2019, 12:47 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 180
If you have the means to change crossover points/slopes and have a mic/software to measure how things are going, you'll most likely be able to combine ported mains and ported subs with no issues. I've done it in the past, it is a little more work but totally do-able.
post #37 of 39 Old 11-12-2019, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Popovich View Post
If you have the means to change crossover points/slopes and have a mic/software to measure how things are going, you'll most likely be able to combine ported mains and ported subs with no issues. I've done it in the past, it is a little more work but totally do-able.

Thanks yes these will be active xover have rew and mic
post #38 of 39 Old 11-12-2019, 02:55 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah katz View Post
OK.

What are the requirements/performance goals?

This room needs to be super loud. We are shooting for over 135db output. Room will be 22'x18' ish 11' ceilings. These need to be so loud it can damage your hearing loud.
so you want your mains to produce bass frequencies at 135db? That's basically what you are saying you will do if you cross them over that low.
post #39 of 39 Old 11-13-2019, 12:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameron King View Post
so you want your mains to produce bass frequencies at 135db? That's basically what you are saying you will do if you cross them over that low.

No
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page