is complete and I am super thrilled with how it turned out. I love how the recessed baffle makes it flushed with the front. A couple of notes and notes about the pics.
- I used a product called Herculiner instead of duratex. A buddy of mine who I train with owns a body shop and that's what he had. Think of it as duratex on roids. Needed almost 2 1/2 gallons on it as the MDF soaked it up. But dang, you can drop this thing from a truck and it would be unscathed. This stuff is thick.
- Because of the thickness, I had to sand the edge of the outer baffle a bit so the driver would fit. I have to work more on box number 2 and might have to use my dremel so it fits.
- These things are going to tip the scales about 160 pounds.
- I did not use any stuffing. Pretty much on the advice of Fi Car and John (LTD02 who designed my boxes) who said it wouldn't matter whether I used stuffing for my application. #subjectmatterexperts
- The feet I used were are great and a perfect size for my cabs. I had to use a washer so the screws would secure it.
- I siliconed the neutrik connection on the inside and also where I drilled through for the feet.
- The 1 1/2 inch #8
screws from P.E work great. I predrilled them and then hand screwed them.
- There is some cardboard paper that was stuck to the bottom of the box when it dried. It's on the bottom and you'll never see it so I dont care.
I cant wait to get box 2 done and dialed in.