AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   DIY Speakers and Subs (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-diy-speakers-subs/)
-   -   2x Um18-22 Cyclops boxes.. Amp choices? (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-diy-speakers-subs/3106608-2x-um18-22-cyclops-boxes-amp-choices.html)

Mach11 12-02-2019 12:13 PM

2x Um18-22 Cyclops boxes.. Amp choices?
 
Is the Behringer 3000 a good choice?

https://www.parts-express.com/behrin...-dsp--248-7013

rboster 12-02-2019 12:23 PM

I've moved your thread to the DIY sub forum where this topic discussed (much) more than the receivers/amp forum.

Mach11 12-02-2019 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rboster (Post 58903094)
I've moved your thread to the DIY sub forum where this topic discussed (much) more than the receivers/amp forum.

Thanks!

Samps 12-02-2019 12:40 PM

6000dsp is what you want.

Red Five 12-02-2019 12:42 PM

I would lean towards the NX6000. You would see about another 500 watts RMS roughly vs the 3000 with a UM18 on each channel. 2x NX3000s would have more dynamics, but it does get more pricey since MSRP increase.

Mach11 12-02-2019 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samps (Post 58903180)
6000dsp is what you want.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Five (Post 58903190)
I would lean towards the NX6000. You would see about another 500 watts RMS roughly vs the 3000 with a UM18 on each channel. 2x NX3000s would have more dynamics, but it does get more pricey since MSRP increase.

NX6000 it is. DSP or NO? Sorry to sound like a newbie here.

Red Five 12-02-2019 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach11 (Post 58903236)
NX6000 it is. DSP or NO? Sorry to sound like a newbie here.


Get the DSP version, you will want that for setting the high pass filter. That is a very important layer of protection for the sub. Below tuning of the vent the sub behaves as if it was in free air, so it does not take a ton of power to bottom them out. I am assuming you do not have a MiniDSP, but the DSP version of the NX is usually easier to sell in the future if you so decide.

Mach11 12-02-2019 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Five (Post 58903256)
Get the DSP version, you will want that for setting the high pass filter. That is a very important layer of protection for the sub. Below tuning of the vent the sub behaves as if it was in free air, so it does not take a ton of power to bottom them out. I am assuming you do not have a MiniDSP, but the DSP version of the NX is usually easier to sell in the future if you so decide.

Copy. I have a Denon 4500 with 2 sub outputs. What wiring do I need get to get all of this hooked up? The 6000 is XLR right? https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=601606

Mach11 12-02-2019 01:09 PM


smcmillan2 12-02-2019 01:33 PM

AVR -> NX6k - https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-XLR.../dp/B001VLW398
4-pole SpeakOn from NX6k to box, I use 12AWG speaker wire in between. https://www.amazon.com/Neutrik-NL4FC.../dp/B005EKMGO4
I prefer these on the box: https://www.amazon.com/Neutrik-Panel.../dp/B00067JSFK


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.